PDA

View Full Version : The best last film that you've seen.

Olga Ten
05-07-2005, 11:42
Hi All!

Please share here what the best last film you have seen:)

Tonka

Olga Ten
05-07-2005, 11:44
I'd like to go this weekend on Murakami's scenario film - Toni Takitani.

The last film that I was depply impressed was "American Beauty", I saw it too later:)

Sidney Bliss
05-07-2005, 11:47
"Jamacian lesbians wrestling in raspberry jam vol. 4". Great plot and plenty of twists and turns to keep you involved right through to the last frame.

TinyToes
05-07-2005, 11:50
"Jamacian lesbians wrestling in raspberry jam vol. 4". Great plot and plenty of twists and turns to keep you involved right through to the last frame.
What about the Vol. 3? wasn't that creative, was it?

Sidney Bliss
05-07-2005, 11:59
I don't know. I didn't see that one.

Aleydis
05-07-2005, 12:05
Sid, you should be caged in Bardak. :jester:

TQ
05-07-2005, 12:06
'Dodgeball'

veejay
05-07-2005, 12:07
I'd like to go this weekend on Murakami's scenario film - Toni Takitani.

got any more info on this film? i well remember the short story about Toni Takitani...but didn't realise it was made into a film...

best film -- hmm...Citizen Cane, The Birds, The English Patient (i still cry everytime i see it)...and more recently, I was well impressed by Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Olga Ten
05-07-2005, 12:16
got any more info on this film? i well remember the short story about Toni Takitani...but didn't realise it was made into a film...

best film -- hmm...Citizen Cane, The Birds, The English Patient (i still cry everytime i see it)...and more recently, I was well impressed by Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Concern Toni Takitani's film:

Тони Такитани художник и страшно одинок, а его единственная любовь маниакально одержима одеждой. Однажды ее настигнет нелепая смерть от консюмеризма, и Тони попробует нанять девушку, похожую на жену, чтобы она носила вещи покойной, а та вдруг сядь на пол и расплачься.

Фильм Итикавы — первая и на редкость адекватная экранизация Харуки Мураками; по таким простым историям только и снимать, что диафильмы: папа саксофонист, мама умерла. Медленно и медитативно: несколько застывших огоньков в окне и один, двигающийся горизонтально, — машина поехала; закадровый голос замирает — и герой договаривает за него фразу; еще долго после титров звучит одинокая фортепианная мелодия, будто кто-то случайно касается клавиш.

Архитектурно прекрасное и абсолютно нежилое кино, где главная роль, по сути, досталась комнате, а эпизодические — туфлям, небу и кактусу; комната, надо сказать, виртуозно перевоплощается из маленького рая, изгнавшего хозяйку, в заброшенный чердак или тюремную камеру памяти — в зависимости от того, плачет ли в ней хрупкая девушка, потрясенная количеством дорогой одежды, свалены ли в ней старые отцовские пластинки или Тони Такитани лежит в ней на полу, отдав решительно все воспоминания секонд-хендам.

Итикава по ниточке выплетает кино из графичности раннего Одзу, из молчания Фейерверка Китано, из щемящей наивности Чункинского экспресса Кар Вая и шьет прохладного, шелкового Мураками. Чувствуешь себя той девушкой, которой дали примерить дизайнерские вещи погибшей красавицы: и неловкость, и печаль, и тихое детское ликование.

from afisha.

Olga Ten
05-07-2005, 12:17
'Dodgeball' are you alive? Please see PM!

Surok
05-07-2005, 12:19

damn The Birds was scary!

two constant favourites: Point Break (Keanu Reeves playing someone completely dumb, oh how fitting, and flaunting his nipples) and A Few Good Men (for the script, and the fact that Tom Cruise and Demi Moore hate each other for a good half of the film)

Big Bugga
05-07-2005, 13:41
Finaly bought my own copy of "Boondock Saints", great movie.

Bugga'

Surok
05-07-2005, 13:48
And Dog Soldiers was pretty good as well...forgot that one.

Aleydis
05-07-2005, 13:59
"Leon"

RDV
05-07-2005, 16:11
"Leon"

Isn't that The Professional in English (or did I miss earlier posts?)...

Aleydis
05-07-2005, 16:26

No, I think it's the same as in French ie Leon. :)

blonde
05-07-2005, 16:34
"12 friends of Oushen", "Terminal" with Tom Hanks starring ...

blonde
05-07-2005, 16:36

This is another movie with Jean Paul Belmondo I suppose... but still very good :)

chunkyhunkymonkey
05-07-2005, 17:53
Oceans 12, the terminal, Finding Neverland were all very entertaining.

As for comedy, Meet the Fockers and Team America: World Police

Dissappointing: Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy and The Interpreter/Translator

Hey Amerwikens... wemember me?! :D

Surok
05-07-2005, 17:58
Dissappointing: Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy and The Interpreter/Translator

wasn't she an interpreter? or did she really do both?

Cherokee
05-07-2005, 18:37
Hi All!

Please share here what the best last film you have seen:)

Tonka

The last movie I have seen was "Life as a house" with Kevin Kline, Kristin Scott Thomas, Hayden Christiansen and Jena Malone.
It usally takes much before a movie is touching me but this one really startled me, because it remembered me of my own dreams of a house by the sea - in fact, I lived not far away from the area, where the movie was shot.
(LA).
The story:
George Monroe is facing the sadness of his lonely life: his wife has long left him, his son has turned into a complete stranger. As he finds out that he has not many months still to life, he decide to build his dreamhouse. Will he make it before he dies?

RDV
05-07-2005, 19:43
No, I think it's the same as in French ie Leon. :)

:stop: Big confusion! :eek:

The Professional in the US is known as Leon in Russian and in the UK (originally called Leon in French too). Jean reno

Le Professionnel with Belmondo was never released in the US. Don't know about the UK.

Olga Ten
06-07-2005, 00:06
The last movie I have seen was "Life as a house" with Kevin Kline, Kristin Scott Thomas, Hayden Christiansen and Jena Malone.
It usally takes much before a movie is touching me but this one really startled me, because it remembered me of my own dreams of a house by the sea - in fact, I lived not far away from the area, where the movie was shot.
(LA).
The story:
George Monroe is facing the sadness of his lonely life: his wife has long left him, his son has turned into a complete stranger. As he finds out that he has not many months still to life, he decide to build his dreamhouse. Will he make it before he dies?

And who is the producer of this film? I haven't heard about it.

Cherokee
06-07-2005, 00:17
And who is the producer of this film? I haven't heard about it.

Producer is Irwin Winkler. Must admid, that he was unknow to me until this week, but the movie really startled me.

Olga Ten
06-07-2005, 09:23
Producer is Irwin Winkler. Must admid, that he was unknow to me until this week, but the movie really startled me.

Hmmm.. I try to find this film.

Cherokee
06-07-2005, 10:10
Hmmm.. I try to find this film.

You would really not regret. Most of the time people go to movies to escape the reality of life. If it's a real needs the movie? In this case it is that reality that is used as a diversion. You find yourself routing and cringing from it all the characters. If you've been around anybody who's dying or the people they've been around that person than you could really recognize them in this movie. This is the story of an old curmudgeon who you'd like to like but he just won't let you. Realizing his own mortality he attempts to make amends. This takes the form of building a house and rebuilding relationships that parallel. I don't mean for this movie to sound like some philosophical artsy type film. It is just people being people.

Cherokee
06-07-2005, 10:12
Here you go Olga:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264796/

Olga Ten
06-07-2005, 10:17
You would really not regret. Most of the time people go to movies to escape the reality of life. If it's a real needs the movie? In this case it is that reality that is used as a diversion. You find yourself routing and cringing from it all the characters. If you've been around anybody who's dying or the people they've been around that person than you could really recognize them in this movie. This is the story of an old curmudgeon who you'd like to like but he just won't let you. Realizing his own mortality he attempts to make amends. This takes the form of building a house and rebuilding relationships that parallel. I don't mean for this movie to sound like some philosophical artsy type film. It is just people being people.

Thanks a lot for your description. I like when the film could see not only "for fun" but also to find out something new, interesting for you.
As I mentioned before I was really impressed by "American Beauty".

Now I'm reading Roal Dal, the American author of short stories.
It's very exciting because many of producers use his short stories as their scenario later as Tarantino or Walt Disney studio.

Yesterday I talked with my friend and we discussed that sometimes the movie could be very good, then the book on it apprared but really not good and vice versa.

blonde
06-07-2005, 10:26
Thanks a lot for your description. I like when the film could see not only "for fun" but also to find out something new, interesting for you.

It's very exciting because many of producers use his short stories as their scenario later as Tarantino or Walt Disney studio.

Yesterday I talked with my friend and we discussed that sometimes the movie could be very good, then the book on it apprared but really not good and vice versa.

You probably meant Roald Dahl's short stories... :)

Olga Ten
06-07-2005, 10:38
Yes, I don't know how to write his name in right way.

Cherokee
06-07-2005, 11:35
[QUOTE=Olga Ten]Thanks a lot for your description. I like when the film could see not only "for fun" but also to find out something new, interesting for you.

If you have been impressed by "AMerican Beauty" you will sure likethis movie. Me personally I like it even better.

Surok
06-07-2005, 12:09
[QUOTE=Olga Ten]Thanks a lot for your description. I like when the film could see not only "for fun" but also to find out something new, interesting for you.

If you have been impressed by "AMerican Beauty" you will sure likethis movie. Me personally I like it even better.

And if we hated American Beauty, will we hate this one even more? :)

Istad
06-07-2005, 12:18
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring. Puts everything into places. Still playing at Kinocenter on random days.

Olga Ten
06-07-2005, 12:28
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring. Puts everything into places. Still playing at Kinocenter on random days.

I saw this film and I like it very much.
It's close to me because I'm Korean but never been there. And my impressions are just double.

chunkyhunkymonkey
06-07-2005, 12:35

It's Roald Dahl and he wasn't American - he was British - Come on Olga, get with the programme!

wasn't she an interpreter? or did she really do both?

I can't remember what she did - Can't even remember what the English Title is, but i know in Russian it is Perevodchitsa!

Olga Ten
06-07-2005, 12:39
It's Roald Dahl and he wasn't American - he was British - Come on Olga, get with the programme!

Really... just now to check on the back side of the book that he's British and worked with Shell, I see.

Cherokee
06-07-2005, 12:55
[QUOTE=Cherokee]

And if we hated American Beauty, will we hate this one even more? :)

I dont think so. I didnt like AB that much. It was too weired. The movie I saw was touching my heart.

Olga Ten
07-07-2005, 09:53
I have seen yesterday the film "Toni Takitani" under Murakami's story.
I dodn't read the story but I decided to go to see the movie.
It's very short, 1 hour + several minutes as I see. My mind has used to see the other films that continue more than 1.30 hour.

I won't describe the whole subject but as I understand the main idea is people have things (people, events etc) that could drive them mad.
When they lost things, people, events what they got used to, they become empty inside.