PDA

View Full Version : Things you have to do or try in Moscow

PHolmes
05-07-2005, 06:15
I might be in Moscow in a couple of months from now. What are the things you must do or try or visit or see in Moscow?

blonde
05-07-2005, 09:42
Have you ever been to Moscow before?
There are lots of interesting places. What aspects are you mostly interested in?

PHolmes
05-07-2005, 10:22
I have been Moscow twice. But I am curious what everyone else thinks is unique and different.

Alex
05-07-2005, 10:33
i personally think that while in Moscow (or any place else in Russia), you just have to visit st.Petersburg...
the city will just amaze u!!
and if speaking of Moscow - a strip club? people say they are very good here... :rolleyes:

Benedikt
05-07-2005, 11:00
depends of course on ones personal interest 9 and the weather at the time)
visit one of the UNUSUAL of moscow's museums:

museum of the moscow metro

museum of the moscow water departement

museum of the agitator poet mayakovsky (sp?)

the big park behind the 'new tretyakov' ( krimsky val) were all the soviet glory is exhibited in fresh air...

go to the 'vdnkh' now 'all russsian exhibition center' right at the back, where there is basically no one, there are some interesting constructions there, rarely mentioned to any tourist.

in st.petersburg at peterhof also see the 'kitchen and sauna' pavillion. interesting how the cooked in these day.

if you are a train fan, go to pereslayvl-salesky (sp?). in the middle of the forest there is a now defunct big soviet eara shunting yard. and there a few enthusiast are reconstruction old steam engines, draisines, and the like. and just for fun they also let you at the wheel on one of these things for a few hunderd meters.

if you liked doctor shivago: peredelkino the dacha of boris pasternak

how good is your russian: take the metro to the last stop, the bus to the alst stop and ahve a look around what is out there. we some fun quite a few times. and always something to eat and drink.

as i said:a lot depends on your personal preferences and as a visitor the timefactor is also a big thing.

blonde
05-07-2005, 11:16
In addition to these I would suggest to visit a KGB museum in Lubyanka sq.

P.I.M.P.
05-07-2005, 12:08
Go rollerblading with a camera at Poklonaya Gora on a Saturday and check out all of the weddings taking place. Windy days too :)

veejay
05-07-2005, 12:12
sitting out under a tree until the wee hours of the morning at Hermitage Gardens chatting with someone special is always nice as well...:-)

Surok
05-07-2005, 12:12
Leninskie Gori, where Lenin died, is interesting in a white elephant way. And nice to get out of the city.

jheisel
05-07-2005, 12:30
Go rollerblading with a camera at Poklonaya Gora on a Saturday and check out all of the weddings taking place. Windy days too :)

PIMP, this pic should obviously win July's photo of the month contest!

clemens_cis
05-07-2005, 12:39
must see:

Victory park

and of course "Park Avenue" to enjoy the taste of the real Moscow.

druna
05-07-2005, 12:52
Friday night out with a lovely local lady :)