PDA

View Full Version : Stream: Back to sucking!

Ghost
04-07-2005, 23:16
sucksucksuck!

This last week I have returned to the days when I could barely download a webpage. Well done, MTU!

PHolmes
05-07-2005, 06:28
I am not sure if this will help, but it may have potential.

The Haupaugge Nexus-S allows the user to receive Satellite TV and yes there are hacks to get it free. There is also a potential to use the Satellite for internet. Usually it works like this, that your uploads goes through your crappy dial-up and your down loads goes through the sat dish. Usually (I think) 500kb/s.
Little better than straight Dial up.

Ghost
05-07-2005, 10:34
Stream is not straight dialup. It's supposed to be high speed internet. In fact, I've got the "Turbo" (laugh!) plan.

It just sucks.

Marvin
05-07-2005, 16:30
Ghost, It must be something to do with your telephone exchance. I've also got the turbo package and never had a problem.

Sunstorm
05-07-2005, 18:29
NOBODY could bring any valid explanation why I cannot download my Yahoo mail, Hotmail and Netscape. With Stream the personal Citibank online thing doesn't download either. As well as few more "secure server" pages where you have to log in or submit some info online. Have to use my good ole dial up connection for these.
So Stream is mainly for fun :-/ yeah... right...

Braders
05-07-2005, 23:10
Ghost, It must be something to do with your telephone exchance. I've also got the turbo package and never had a problem.

Same here and rarely experience any problems (when i do though, i know what you mean!) another user on these boards has Stream and he tells me he has problems as well. Looks like certain areas are affected and others aren't.

Ghost
05-07-2005, 23:14
Thing is, during the suck period, US sites cannot be reached (or barely be reached) yet Russian ones (like expat, etc) can be.

It could be that some areas of town, like Braders says, just have crap connection nodes.

J.D.
05-07-2005, 23:23
The quality of your service is inversely porportional to the quality of your neighborhood. I live in a crappy part of town so most of my neighbors can not afford internet so my local switch is not being shared with very many people. You want faster service, move to a bad neighborhood.

Ghost
06-07-2005, 18:03
Right now, in suck mode. Cannot reach..say, fxtrade.oanda.com

tbill
07-07-2005, 21:07
The quality of your service is inversely porportional to the quality of your neighborhood. I live in a crappy part of town so most of my neighbors can not afford internet so my local switch is not being shared with very many people. You want faster service, move to a bad neighborhood.

:nut: JD, that's so crazy it just might work.