PDA

View Full Version : rash

beautyrj
03-07-2005, 08:57
I have had a rash that looks like ringworm and I have been to my doctor and they say that is what it looks like. They prescribed me ketoconazole after the over the counter creams did not take it away. Now after taking the medicine for three months, it is still there. And now I see a rash on my neck and chest areas. What could this be? Is it ringworm or something else? It is very frustrating trying to get rid of it and it won't go away. It is round and mostly on my arms and hands and a few on my back. Please help. Any suggestions that will work for sure!

pengwn9
03-07-2005, 11:07
If the ringworm cream didn't work, it's probably not ringworm. Ringworm is pretty easy to get rid of and it should have been gone in a couple of weeks.

1,000 other things could cause the rash. Find another doctor.

Rusty
03-07-2005, 16:23
Edited after talking to my brother in-law Dr.

Try finding an aloe plant "best" (2nd best a good aloe based cream). (light like 1/4-1/2 cup Sea) Salt baths( discontinue it it irratates you) should help.

Also use an old fashion bread cure; Take (one hand full)bread+milk(1/2 cup)+sugar(1/4 cup)+baby soap (no creams or deoderants {just shave off a few slivers with a knife {1/8-1/4 cup}}). and mix it all together, apply twice a day, let it dry on you, and then rinse off.

If it is not clearing up in 5 days, use some internal anti-biotic(sp {they are strong over the counter meds that come in 250mg, and 500mg, he said use the milder dose}) 250mg pills 2 to start out with and then 1 two or three times a day.

He also said that all of the above would work together (stressing light sea salt, and stopping the salt baths if it irratates you)

Duaane