PDA

View Full Version : Car alarms are a nuisance

kilam
02-07-2005, 17:22
I was woken up three times by car alarms(probably false)
last night.They keep on going off in the middle of the night .No one seems to care though.

Braders
02-07-2005, 20:08
I was woken up three times by car alarms(probably false)
last night.They keep on going off in the middle of the night .No one seems to care though.

kilam, in all honesty i think you might take some flack for this thread!

Kingwillhe
02-07-2005, 20:28
And here it comes!

Too bad the history module was apparently wiped clean 3 months in the past by the hack, otherwise a search would turn up reams of posts on this topic.

In spite of their annoyance factor, Is there a city in the world were one does not put up with car alarms?

Nobody pays any attention to these things...you can pop the hood and steal the battery, noone will stop you! Hell, jack the car. There is a black jeep Cheerokee parked across from the 7th continent at Belorusskaya for the last month (2 flat tires) and noone has messed with it. Some cop finally put a yellow warning ticket on the windshield today. I was going to jack it weeks ago just for old times sake but my wife wouldn't let me. Meet me there at 12:00 tonite and I will flame it in full view of all citizenry. Nothing will happen. We'll have beers and chat about our home countries.

Halyavshik
02-07-2005, 22:25
Wow !

Britanski Soldat
02-07-2005, 23:16
'Car alarms are a nuisance' but so are car thieves and scousers! In fact the two go together............!

Kingwillhe
03-07-2005, 06:49
Wow !
That was a bit rambling wasn't it?

Too many hours in the saddle I'm afraid.

JeffK
03-07-2005, 10:08
My favorite is the expensive, multi-voice, microwave car alarm (haven't priced one in a while, but used to be about 2-300 dollars) on an early 90's Lada or Zhiguli. Does anyone really steal these cars????? I guess the alarm is worth more than the car.

Halyavshik
03-07-2005, 10:21
That was a bit rambling wasn't it?

Too many hours in the saddle I'm afraid.

King, I was addressing that to the original poster, not you.

Halyavshik
03-07-2005, 10:25
Does anyone really steal these cars????? I guess the alarm is worth more than the car.

You bet they do. They're an easy target because their easy open, easy to hotwire, no immobilizers, and you can disassemble them and make more on the parts.

While it sounds ludicrous, Russian cars hold their value (market conditions, not reliablity of car). I've seen ten year old zhigulis being sold for 3k (when it was bought 5k new. Crazy, but some cars here aren't nearly as bad an investment as they are in the West.

Kingwillhe
03-07-2005, 10:28
King, I was addressing that to the original poster, not you.
k