PDA

View Full Version : short-term stay-is registration needed?

autre
02-07-2005, 14:27
Can anyone pls tell me if my friend would need a registration here if he plans to have a stop over here, actulally stay here for 3 days excluding weekend on the way from the US over to Turkey? He's got a russian visa and I'm not sure if he needs to get registration since he's gonna stay here for 3 days excluding holidays? he does not plan on staying in hotel - would that be a problem? can anyone advise any agency that would get him registered for a certain fee? thanks in advance.

fab81
12-07-2005, 12:58
If i correctly remember, if he stays less than 3 days, then, he doesn't need to register, I think the weekend doesn't count, but im not sure. Better to check with an agency maybe, or if with somebody who have some experience with that situation.

nreddy
12-07-2005, 13:33
If your friend is only staying for 3 days he does not need to register. Weekends and public holidays are excluded. The day of arrival is not counted but the day of departure is, as far as I recall.

If you still need registration the best way is to ask the agency who arranged the visa for him in the first place. Unfortunately most of agencies will not register you if you did not arrange the visa through them.

veejay
12-07-2005, 13:36
you friend should be okay. the day of arrival and departure do not count, although it is up to the individual officier to decide that...also, weekends and public holidays do not count either. more than likely, the agency that arranged his visa / invite, will tell him to not bother with registration.

good luck!

Titane
24-07-2005, 02:48
Hello :
Business and private VISA : 3 working days.
Touristic VISA : need to be registered on the day of arrival (at the hotel)

Have a good day.

Nicolas