PDA

View Full Version : Putin the Lord of the Ring

surfsky
30-06-2005, 00:06
Just read this article about Kraft the owner of the New England Patriots in Moscow. Seems there was a miss understanding, Kraft was showing off his Super Bowl ring to Putin. Putin took such an interest in that he put it in his pocket.

Kind of reminds me of my experiences. If a Russian asks for money it is considered a gift until you make it absolutly clear that it was a loan. If you leave anything around it generally means that you do not need it any more. Like a palm pilot or something that you forgot at a "friends" house.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8402895/

rosieredwood
30-06-2005, 00:46
Yes, I just read that, too. My take is that Bush has conspired with Kraft, and the US now has a 'bug' planted deep in the Kremlim -- just a little revenge for all the 'vermin' found inhabiting the US compound that Russian contractors had built. Funny how that was?

I particularly like the bit in the article about Putin slipping the ring on his finger, then conveniently sliding it into his pocket -- all the while his entourage is watching and not bothering to mention proper protocol -- Brilliant :respect:

koba65
01-07-2005, 02:14
Kraft? He makes a mean macoroni and cheese!

Crazyeelboy
01-07-2005, 09:22
Sorry Koba, no cheese. Kraft partnered up with his buddy Werk to form a band in the 70s. I think they still play with Blast on boat parties now and then.

koba65
01-07-2005, 16:34
Sorry Koba, no cheese. Kraft partnered up with his buddy Werk to form a band in the 70s. I think they still play with Blast on boat parties now and then.

Good one!!

surfsky
01-07-2005, 19:40
I knew this would turn into a discussion about processed foods and how Kraft probably deserves it for making junk food. By the way anyone know where to get Kraft Mac here in Moscow? The EasyMac the kind that you can throw in a micorwave.