PDA

View Full Version : Inception in English anywhere in theatres in Moscow?

AudreyRocksMyWorld
20-09-2010, 14:23
Hi all, tried looking for Inception on DVDs yesterday and discovered the release is due only sometime in December, and the movie is still on in theatres. Saw it in Russian in Oktaybr in July. Which theatres in Moscow show English movies? Is Inception on anywhere? Thanks!

tvadim133
20-09-2010, 15:53
Hi all, tried looking for Inception on DVDs yesterday and discovered the release is due only sometime in December, and the movie is still on in theatres. Saw it in Russian in Oktaybr in July. Which theatres in Moscow show English movies? Is Inception on anywhere? Thanks!

There are quite few cinemas with English (Pod Kupolom is one of this few).

It is M. Prospect Mira 10 minutes of walking + M.Tsvetnoy Bulvar 12 minutes of walking (opposite Olimplyisky stad in the hotel Renaissance

http://www.domecinema.ru/

Check the schedule....

Besdies you can watch on line the movie free of charge (as I did)

www.tvshack.cc

IGIT
20-09-2010, 16:29
Been looking for this too...

Let me try that link. :agree:

tasel
20-09-2010, 22:22
35mm also shows movies in English. I think Oktyabr too has English shows (not very often)

TolkoRaz
20-09-2010, 22:26
Personally, I think language is irrelevant!

The film is totally confusing and far too long! :book:

yakspeare
20-09-2010, 23:05
wow Tolko i absolutely loved it...saw it in the UK after my brother raved it was the best movie of the year better than Avatar...not so sure but i found compelling and i would see it again.

TolkoRaz
21-09-2010, 00:35
Really? Some people came in 30 minutes after it had started and I thought that they'll probably understand more of the film than me! ;)

The effects were good, but........................... the remainder confused me!

But, then again, thats not difficult! :10310:

Went to see 'Salt' the other night. Now that was a different story, and of course, Angelina was in it! :inlove: :bowdown: In fact, she was the only good thing about the film!

Monti
21-09-2010, 05:24
Having lived in Moscow for almost a decade I have yet to find a decent place that regularly shows the latest movies in English.
The "American House of Cinema" in Radisson used to be a nice place for the weekend flick until it closed down unfortunately several years back.
The "Dome Cinema" although located in an expensive hotel hasn't been renovated for ages and reminds me of the crappy cinemas in the 90's with uncomfortable seats some of them broken...the popcorn they have if you are lucky to get hold of one of the staff members, is usually stale.The movies shown are over a few months old.
The good part however is that there aren't many people and they'll play the movie even if you are the only one so its like going to ur own private cinema.It happend with me a quite a few times that there were just 2-3 people..... Once I remember watching Night Shyamlan's "The Village" alone there with my girlfriend few years back...hehe,most exhilarating experience ever and the horror effect was 10 times more due to the cold emptiness, squeaky seats and being alone in that hall.I almost grew a bloody vagina!!!...even though the movie isn't all that scary actually.
As far as Oktyabar on Novy Arbat is concerened...really cool place,but I wish they would show the non-dubbed version on their normal screens...that would be more like the real thing.35MM???...I'd rather see the movie on my 42'' LCD.

mwayne
01-10-2010, 19:36
then go for it...