PDA

View Full Version : The Pope's Visit to the UK!

TolkoRaz
18-09-2010, 12:44
:yikes:

Gypsy
18-09-2010, 13:23
Brilliant - thanks TR.

alex13
18-09-2010, 14:40
I find it rather pathetic. And honestly it shows your ignorance in such matters.
I'm sure you can do better.

Cheers

Gypsy
18-09-2010, 14:57
:yikes:

What? Are they taking up a collection?

TolkoRaz
18-09-2010, 15:32
I find it rather pathetic. And honestly it shows your ignorance in such matters.
I'm sure you can do better.

Cheers

I can do better, but I don't feel like it! :p

TolkoRaz
18-09-2010, 15:33
That seems quite reasonable given the number of children they have to protect! :coffee:

tvadim133
18-09-2010, 15:44
The pope needs to travel as well and sometimes....

UK is a good travel destination, I guess! :)

ReallyGreatConcerts
18-09-2010, 16:22
The pope needs to travel as well and sometimes....

UK is a good travel destination, I guess! :)

The Pope's advisor said it was a "Third World Country".

I am frankly surprised that this senile paedophile and his entourage has been admitted to Britain. And that the tax-payer paid for the old idiot's visit!!

tvadim133
18-09-2010, 16:26
And that the tax-payer paid for the old idiot's visit!!

Why old?

Nobbynumbnuts
18-09-2010, 16:44
I've got no time for any religion but figures for 2005 show there are 4.2 million Catholics in England and Wales and 800,000 in Scotland. That's about 5,000,000 over 7% of the population. That's double the amount of Muslims. So clearly many do. Refusing him entry is not an option.
I don't know where the figures come from to indicate the cost of security but considering it's the first State visit to Britain by a pope in modern history it's hardly unreasonable.

ReallyGreatConcerts
18-09-2010, 18:24
it's the first State visit to Britain by a pope in modern history it's hardly unreasonable.

So you wouldn't count the Papal visit to UK by his predecessor John-Paul the Second as "modern history", then?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!!!

Another one numbed into faux reverence for his HEILiness Pope Rat the First of the Waffen-SS.

TolkoRaz
18-09-2010, 18:51
Why old?

He is old enough to have been in the 'Hitler Youth'! :book:

Nobbynumbnuts
19-09-2010, 03:59
So you wouldn't count the Papal visit to UK by his predecessor John-Paul the Second as "modern history", then?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!!!

Another one numbed into faux reverence for his HEILiness Pope Rat the First of the Waffen-SS.

When you've finished ranting and raving, as i said, the trip is the first official state visit by a pontiff - John Paul II's visit in May 1982 was on a pastoral basis and did not follow an official invitation by the UK government. :rolleyes:

Gypsy
20-09-2010, 14:29
Look! They're actually handing their kids over!!

Extraordinary.

yakspeare
20-09-2010, 23:15
I am not Catholic and i was brought up quite anti-catholic(until we discovered all our ancestors were militant Catholics who fought tooth and nail for their rights) and i even think the Pontiff resembles Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars...

Having said that, I am in the UK at the moment, and this guy did quite a coup here. He silenced a lot of critics and made them look like anti-religious twats and was incredibly open and candid. He acknowledge all the faults of the church, met with victims, and basically sent a message of peace and reconcilation. You won't find a newspaper in the country who condemned him afterwards, he had very big turnouts of followers and very little in the way of opposition -even though the opposite was expected. Stephan Fry, Dawkins and Alistair Campbell etc just looked like chaps full of hatred and scorn and failed in an epic way.

Quite interesting the whole thing really.

yakspeare
20-09-2010, 23:19
He also talked about his time in the German Army saying he was conscripted into an AA battery of that "vile" regime and personally thanked those Allied serviceman who risked their lives to bring freedom for Europe and the end of that "Horrid ideology". It was also noted that he did not speak out about the bombing of Dresden, which is a sore point for Germans and some had thought he might use the occasion to do so. An interesting omission.