PDA

View Full Version : austrian wines from lenz moser in a restaurant

Benedikt
25-06-2005, 14:20
..no one else has their whole range ( in a restaurant ),
NINE VARIETIES, WHITE / RED ,dry / semi sweet etc, from 'VERY reasonable ' to 'fairly decent' i think. and also sold by the glass.
who knows me, knows where we are and who does not (yet..) send me a pm...

Namibia
25-06-2005, 15:55
..no one else has their whole range ( in a restaurant ),
NINE VARIETIES, WHITE / RED ,dry / semi sweet etc, from 'VERY reasonable ' to 'fairly decent' i think. and also sold by the glass.
who knows me, knows where we are and who does not (yet..) send me a pm...

Austrian wines are excellent! Sad that the beer in Austria is not as good as the wine (except Hirter Pilsener)!

Ich hoffe doch das ich mal die Zeit finde bei Dir im Lokal vorbeizuschauen.

Benedikt
25-06-2005, 16:02
... indeed i also have to agree,
the wine industry consists of many small family owned wineries and they produce and excellent vintage most of the time. and maybe a few big producers but big in small austria is relative, the whole wine growing area most probably fits into a big us nappa valle wine farm..
with beer it is slightly different, there is absically one big 'brau union' that has bought up and produces a most similar beer from east to west austria. and far and few inbetween there are a few independend breweries like hirter, schleppe in klagenfurt and one or two more. it is sad and reflects on the taste, like also on the bread. one giant abkery in vienna churns out breadrolls for half austria...