PDA

View Full Version : stammtisch at TRAMPLIN

Benedikt
24-06-2005, 09:56
.. we had the first, some 25 people were there, mixed crowd, german / english/ russian speakeing
feeling was good lots of fun, food and beer, anyone else interested to join and do it again?
note: everyone comes more or less at the same time, eats / drinks and talks what pleases him / her and does not offend the rest. leaves also when it pleases.
no speeches, nothing 'official' just a bunch of people want to try some good austrian food an 'kaiserschmarrn' ( find out what THAT is..)

Joe 6pack
24-06-2005, 10:09
feeling was good lots of fun, food and beer, anyone else interested to join and do it again?

Yeah - me! Please let me know when.

Olga Ten
24-06-2005, 10:32
.. we had the first, some 25 people were there, mixed crowd, german / english/ russian speakeing
note: everyone comes more or less at the same time, eats / drinks and talks what pleases him / her and does not offend the rest. leaves also when it pleases.
no speeches, nothing 'official' just a bunch of people want to try some good austrian food an 'kaiserschmarrn' ( find out what THAT is..)

What you meant by "TRAMPLIN"? I know one place with such name already.
it's the culture center for people who like to exchange culture experience, listen ethno music etc.

Tonka

Ledka
24-06-2005, 10:53
What you meant by "TRAMPLIN"? I know one place with such name already.
it's the culture center for people who like to exchange culture experience, listen ethno music etc.

Tonka
Benedikt meant a very nice Austrain restaurant in Belorusskaya near Golden Palace.

Lled
24-06-2005, 11:18

Kaiserschmarm sounds sound, can I get it with extra calories too?

Olga Ten
24-06-2005, 11:48
Benedikt meant a very nice Austrain restaurant in Belorusskaya near Golden Palace.

Hmmm... never heard:) but always with pleasure to come if there will be any interesting meetings:)

Alex
24-06-2005, 14:36
sure sounds fun!!
when?

Benedikt
24-06-2005, 16:49
...you guys (and girls) have to deceide when and get together by e-mail and agree.
like it was with the last one.. i got a call, 'we will come, 25 people' i can make a reservation, do some special cooking and so forth.
but if I do a reservation,ON YOUR BEHALF, basically closing off 1/2 the restaurant, no-one or 2-3 people will show up, the director will of course kill me and i will look very foolish...

Ledka
24-06-2005, 16:51
...you guys (and girls) have to deceide when and get together by e-mail and agree.
like it was with the last one.. i got a call, 'we will come, 25 people' i can make a reservation, do some special cooking and so forth.
but if I do a reservation,ON YOUR BEHALF, basically closing off 1/2 the restaurant, no-one or 2-3 people will show up, the director will of course kill me and i will look very foolish...

sorry Benedikt, may I ask why you address why girls in brackets? just curious....

Benedikt
24-06-2005, 17:09
..mea culpa, mea culpa. mea maximum culpa ( learning a few lines from my namesake in rome..)
translated: i am guilty, i am guilty, i am guilty to the maximum....
ledka, no particular reason as such, but what would be the female equivalent to 'guys'? it would be 'dolls', can't call YOU that here...'men' and 'women' sounds corney, ''boys' and 'girls ' kindergarden. so i just thought what might look nice and a little, funny is not the right word.
but maybe you know 'stammtisch' is mainly associated with males swilling big steins of beer and gorging themselves on wurst and hax'n, but at the TRAMPLIN we don't do that, it was yesterdays actually so civilised i would not hesitate to invite my mother in law here.

Ledka
24-06-2005, 17:12
..mea culpa, mea culpa. mea maximum culpa ( learning a few lines from my namesake in rome..)
translated: i am guilty, i am guilty, i am guilty to the maximum....
ledka, no particular reason as such, but what would be the female equivalent to 'guys'? it would be 'dolls', can't call YOU that here...'men' and 'women' sounds corney, ''boys' and 'girls ' kindergarden. so i just thought what might look nice and a little, funny is not the right word.
but maybe you know 'stammtisch' is mainly associated with males swilling big steins of beer and gorging themselves on wurst and hax'n, but at the TRAMPLIN we don't do that, it was yesterdays actually so civilised i would not hesitate to invite my mother in law here.

native speakers, please enlighten us! Can't we use "guys" to address a mixed group?

Ledka
24-06-2005, 17:15

I passed by Tramplin with a couple friends last Fri and we popped in. There was a very nice disco... was suprised to see the Restaurant at night! It looked also good but a bit different, "locker" I would say.

Surok
24-06-2005, 17:23
native speakers, please enlighten us! Can't we use "guys" to address a mixed group?

you can use 'guys' to address a group of men and women. perfectly acceptable, at least to my ear. any comments from the peanut gallery? :D

Olga Ten
24-06-2005, 17:54
Very nice! If you gather people, please PM me also:)))) I suppose that we could make the list of people who could go there, how do you think?

by the way, we could offer people just gather from this forum to chat in the real life and eat somthing special.

Tonka

Ledka
24-06-2005, 17:57
If people will agree to cheat on Albion at least for one night, then may be you will get somebody together

TQ
24-06-2005, 18:02
I passed by Tramplin with a couple friends last Fri and we popped in. There was a very nice disco... was suprised to see the Restaurant at night! It looked also good but a bit different, "locker" I would say.

I am interested, heard some references but never been to. if there's a group, i am in!

Emk
24-06-2005, 18:07
I suppose that we could make the list of people who could go there, how do you think?

Include me in the list, please :)

Olga Ten
25-06-2005, 09:42
So, Benedikt, how do you find our list of visitors:
1) Ledka,
2) Tonka - Olga Ten
3) TQ,
4) Emk

Probably in a few days people will be more and we could gather in this Austrian restaurant. I never try this cuisine before.

Cheers,
Olga

Benedikt
25-06-2005, 12:37
..finally something IS coming together! just let me now 2-3 days in advance when you all will come and i will reserve a big table...
finally we also got our wine from austria,
160 rubles a glass
the most expensive 1230 a bottle, the cheapest 640. red and whites / sweet and dry, 9 different wines.HURRAAHHHHH for lenz moser, the importer...

Fairy Cake
25-06-2005, 18:43
I'm in.

But if you want to gather quite a number of people you need to post it in Expat Cafe I think.
I've noticed this thread by chance... tracing the posts of a user... No wonder if lots of people who'd like to join haven't seen it in that tiny folder. :)

Olga Ten
25-06-2005, 23:13
Hello Fairy cake,

I posted in Expat cafe in my old thread about people meeting. I hope someone will join to us:)

We need just wait for:))

Kind rgds,
Olga

kniga
26-06-2005, 08:27
Guys as girls -- Well, back in my youth (shortly after the earth cooled according to my children) in Sunny Southern California, girls called a group of girls, "guys," as in, "C'mon, you guys, let's go to the show!" So, in American usage, "guys" is appropriate, at least in some parts of the country, to indicate either males, a mixed group of males and females or a group of females. No wonder Russians have trouble with this language!

Olga Ten
27-06-2005, 10:17
Hello All,

What about the meeting on 9th of July at tramplin at 17.00 pm?

1) Ledka,
2) Tonka - Olga Ten
3) TQ,
4) Emk

Please see menu: http://www.menu.ru/?action=pv&id=307967&aid=35566#abonent

If you agreed, please PM me to confirm.

Kind rgds,
Olga

Benedikt
27-06-2005, 15:12
.. i made a reservation for 10 people, a big table...

Halyavshik
27-06-2005, 15:15
Can we get any more blatant here ?

Lady Marmalade
27-06-2005, 15:16
Can we get any more blatant here ?
seriously don't think so :rolleyes:

Benedikt
27-06-2005, 15:41
..in what way, olga tries to get some friends together and i try to help amd accomodate them.
we can't all hang the whole day on the mobile or phone, so this site is a good medium to communicate. and since i found that it generates interest ( the first meeting of 20 people, not connected to this group here, was generated from part of this site, from menu.ru, from restaurant rating, an article that i wrote in the 'moskauer deutsche zeitung ' an article that THEY wrote about me/ our restaurant.
and if the mods have nothing against it, and so far i have not seen anything, what is wrong with getting a few equalminded people together for an evening of fun and innocent good time? so let us be MORE blatant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halyavshik
27-06-2005, 15:49
Oh, get over it, that was the largest vitrual bl*w-job I've ever seen. Not to mention it was in a post started by you advertising your place to begin with.

Olga Ten
27-06-2005, 16:13
I really misunderstood it all.

benedikt,
I don't know: for now there aren't not many people who would like to come at Tramplin. I'm sorry, I'd like to gather people but now I don't have the idea how to do it.

Kind rgds,
Olga

Mr. Sticky
27-06-2005, 20:10
Deja Vu!

Namibia
27-06-2005, 22:29
Oh, get over it, that was the largest vitrual bl*w-job I've ever seen. Not to mention it was in a post started by you advertising your place to begin with.

Get over it. There is no blatant advertising here, so I do not understand your post at all. I find your post rather insulting, to say the least. So, if you don't like to read the post by Benedikt, why don't you ignore it - instead of giving us your virtual bullsh*t.

Halyavshik
27-06-2005, 23:28
Namboobia, of course you don't understand it. You have the reading comprehension and writing skills of a third-grader. So take your own advice, and shut it, toots. Don't you have a sick mother-baby joke to post somewhere ?

angel30
27-06-2005, 23:52
Id like to join to. Here is summer!!! Its just 2-3 month of warm, hot and good sunny mood. Lets do it again. Im sure there will be more people than before and more fun!!!! Let us know when.

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 00:39
Ok. Please PM me who would like to gather on saturday, on 9 th of july and I try to make the list one this and next week also.

herewith you could see menu: http://menu.ru/?action=pv&id=307967

it's optional.

please send me any comments as PM.

Kind rgds,
Olga

Namibia
28-06-2005, 01:15
Namboobia, of course you don't understand it. You have the reading comprehension and writing skills of a third-grader. So take your own advice, and shut it, toots. Don't you have a sick mother-baby joke to post somewhere ?

Well, that would still beat your first grade course, right? So, in your own words - shut it!

moscowmail
28-06-2005, 07:12
Well, that would still beat your first grade course, right? So, in your own words - shut it!

What is YOUR problem, if you want to be treated seriously, grow up.

Now, with regard to the thread and the 'advertising' I am kinda OK with it, it hasn't spammed, whether the place belongs to Beny or not is irrelevant at this point, however, if it was blatant advertising then it would be edited.

There are a few places that are regular haunts, safe and do not rip us off, they get mentioned quite a bit, maybe that is advertising, maybe not, and as long as I have something to do with this site it will remain so, why? Because the places we mention on a regular basis give a lot more to the expat site than we give to them...

Now please people, calm down, stay on thread and grow up

Len

moscowmail
28-06-2005, 07:16
If people will agree to cheat on Albion at least for one night, then may be you will get somebody together

Nobody forces anyone to go anywhere ;)

Yes guys is perfectly acceptable, guys and gals or 'yo, you lot' is also good or 'Oi'

:)

Halyavshik
28-06-2005, 07:40

Now that was a very witty and original retort, Namby !

It IS pretty blatant, MM. Olga Ten's posted the link to the menu, like, 10 times here and in the 'Expat Meeting' thread. I mean, ok, we get the point. Other owners and affiliated people don't go that far because it's SPAM.

And the fact that the ever witty Nambla got so choked up over to defend it so quickly just gives me one more reason why I wouldn't visit this sorry-a*s spamming Tramplin in a million years.

moscowmail
28-06-2005, 07:43

Get to work :)

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 09:39

It IS pretty blatant, MM. Olga Ten's posted the link to the menu, like, 10 times here and in the 'Expat Meeting' thread. I mean, ok, we get the point. Other owners and affiliated people don't go that far because it's SPAM.

And the fact that the ever witty Nambla got so choked up over to defend it so quickly just gives me one more reason why I wouldn't visit this sorry-a*s spamming Tramplin in a million years.

Halyvshik,

It's true that i posted several times about this place. But not that I'd like to advertise this place. If you read this thread carefully, i know about this place not more than you.

I proposed only that when Bededikt invited people there, it could be a good idea to seat there and chat, eat something special.

Of course, there could be other places to meet.

Actually I don't know what you meant by "blatant"? If you supposed that I get something from this meeting, you are mistaken. I don't know benedikt at all as you and I haven't seen him yet, but I'd like to meet any new persons in my life because I'm interested in different cultures. All people are different.

Anyway I don't care if you don't follow me.

Rgds,
Olga aka Tonka

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 09:41
Halyavshik,

Also I think all of us have right to tell what they want.

If it seems to you that I add something, just banned or deleted my nickname or posts.

Kind rgds,
Olga

Benedikt
28-06-2005, 09:55
...it is interesting how some people have to revert to 4 letter words with nice **** ( otherwise they would be deleted, so much they understand...) if they run out of their limited vocabulary, i suppose.
no one is forcing anyone to come to our place, in a million years or even two.
as i wrote all what i post is available on other sites, we are just trying to get a group of german speaking ( mostly it will be russians..) togehter for a night of fun.
this site is the ideal medium and if i get banned for 'blatant advertising' i will know that i overdid it.
i am not the owner of the place but fair enough the more we make, the more i take home.
i also sit on the phone and call companies, i go to exhibitions and invite people here, i see it as part of my job.and i got no ++++from anyone, actually many people are delighted to know that there is a little restaurant where they can have a good time, with no face control, no security to beat them up, no service staff that overcharges them, no barman that short measures the drinks and no chef that sells local sirloin for kobe beef....
and like with everything, who does not want to read my / or posts, just scoll further on to the next post.
and if i ever should meat 'olga tan' i will buy her a beer....

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 10:03
Benedikt,

There a lot of people who "add" their products on this web site and it's ok.
But if I'd like to gather people where - it seems like the "special" add:)

Never mind. Next time I will use PM to invite someone who wants.

Tonka

Halyavshik
28-06-2005, 10:18
Benedikt,

What my asterisk-laden vocabulary obviously failed to convey (so, I'll spell it out again specifically for you) was that when you advertise your place yourself, it's generally referred to as 'spam'. Seeing the same link 4 times in one day to your menu is not only irritating, it's rude. There are other restaurant/bar affiliated posters on this site besides you, and they don't feel compelled to go on all day advertising their own spots. I don't think I need to explain the negative affects of allowing that has.

And, as you can see from Moscowmail's earlier response, the management of this site is pretty reasonable. If someone asks for a recommendation on where they can get a good sirloin steak, by all means, let 'em know. But advertising it yourself, and repeatedly, is the virtual equivalent of ramming it down our throats.

Halyavshik

P.S. Just one beer for Olga Ten ? Hell, I'd make it one per name-mentioning.

Halyavshik
28-06-2005, 10:19
If it seems to you that I add something, just banned or deleted my nickname or posts.

I am just a regular poster like you, Olga, with no power to delete or edit your posts.

moscowmail
28-06-2005, 10:21
Benedikt,

There a lot of people who "add" their products on this web site and it's ok.
But if I'd like to gather people where - it seems like the "special" add:)

Never mind. Next time I will use PM to invite someone who wants.

Tonka

It is not OK, there are rules on this site.

We don't have a problem with places being mentioned and supported, but we have a probelm with blatent advertising, Beny, you have just said you basically work for this Restaraunt, and it is in your interest to increase the visitors...

The Albion is mentioned often because it has become a regular place that is visited by members of this site, it is safe, cost effective and fun, this was not because any of the employees promted this place, quite the opposite, I have known DJ in person longer than I have known him on the site, but i have known him on the site for longer ... if that makes sense..

So the moral of this story is, if you find a place, tell us all, if you work for a place... ermm don't... in the nicest possible way :)

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 10:24
I am just a regular poster like you, Olga, with no power to delete or edit your posts.

I also the regular poster as you could see - that's why I try to arrange something useful here. I don't have much experience how to make it.

ok. it doesn't matter now.

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 10:26
It is not OK, there are rules on this site.

We don't have a problem with places being mentioned and supported, but we have a probelm with blatent advertising, Beny, you have just said you basically work for this Restaraunt, and it is in your interest to increase the visitors...

The Albion is mentioned often because it has become a regular place that is visited by members of this site, it is safe, cost effective and fun, this was not because any of the employees promted this place, quite the opposite, I have known DJ in person longer than I have known him on the site, but i have known him on the site for longer ... if that makes sense..

So the moral of this story is, if you find a place, tell us all, if you work for a place... ermm don't... in the nicest possible way :)

Len,

I see all these details but I don't want to make something like that anymore.

If I'd like to gather someone, I will notify them by PM.

I don't know difference if I mention the name of the meeting place and people check themselves or I insert just the link and they could check it also.

Rgds,
Olga aka Tonka

moscowmail
28-06-2005, 10:29
Len,

I see all these details but I don't want to make something like that anymore.

If I'd like to gather someone, I will notify them by PM.

I don't know difference if I mention the name of the meeting place and people check themselves or I insert just the link and they could check it also.

Rgds,
Olga aka Tonka

Tonka, nobody is blaming you or making fun of you, the comments are directed at Benedikt for his promotion of the company he works for,

In simple terms, if you find a place you really like or dislike, tell us all :)

So, please, be yourself, keep trying to organize :)

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 10:29
I suppose we don't follow the topic of this thread and our conversations who are right or not should be finished.

All understand the details.

Olga

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 10:32
Tonka, nobody is blaming you or making fun of you, the comments are directed at Benedikt for his promotion of the company he works for,

In simple terms, if you find a place you really like or dislike, tell us all :)

So, please, be yourself, keep trying to organize :)

No, thanks a lot!
After all these quarrels I don't like this idea:)

I will reserve one small place at a small tea room and sitting here at a calm atmosphere.

Concerns Benedikt, I could say that there a lot of other people who make the promotion.

Rgds,
Olga

moscowmail
28-06-2005, 10:33
I suppose we don't follow the topic of this thread and our conversations who are right or not should be finished.

All understand the details.

Olga

It is not about who is right or wrong, but about what is and what isn't accepted, now smile and be happy

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 10:37
It is not about who is right or wrong, but about what is and what isn't accepted, now smile and be happy

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Halyavshik
28-06-2005, 10:41
ok. it doesn't matter now.

Of course it doesn't, now that you've plugged Tramplin 50 times in 24 hours. Job well done.

moscowmail
28-06-2005, 10:50
Of course it doesn't, now that you've plugged Tramplin 50 times in 24 hours. Job well done.

Stop being horrible to TOnka, she's a very nice lady :)

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 10:54

it's only your opinion.
I don't mind to continue to plug any other places where I'd like to meet with people even if it will be Moscoe Red square:) I suppose it also need of ad:)

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 10:55
Stop being horrible to TOnka, she's a very nice lady :)

it/s ok with me. Seems to me that Halyavshik only doesn't like me but it's his right:)

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 10:57
Moscowmail,
as I know you are the admin person.

Please be kindly to delete this thread at all (if Benedikt doesn't mind because it's his topic) and the meeting in Expat cafe do not provoke people to the useless talks.

Benedikt
28-06-2005, 17:21
...hi hal...
..as you maybe might have noticed I did not post them enu four times, actually i want to know and find it myself sofar i failed. point me there please.
as i said the menu is available on menu.ru and if someone ahs posted it, good for us. and since it was olga, good for her. i am looking forward to meet her and buy her a beer.

BUT NOW: please all, i consider this closed and we should concentrate on other things, instead of hurtling 4 letter words around that no one is impressed with.
p.s: how can / could i reach a specific group of people on this site ( all the german speaking...) with ONE mail, pm maybe, or is this technically not possible?
please use simple english to explain...

Olga Ten
28-06-2005, 17:39
Hello Benedikt,

I don't drink beer:))) But I lovely try to eat your dishes:)

I suppose in one week I coordinate with my friends and we will see:)

Rgds,
Olga

Ledka
28-06-2005, 17:43
...hi hal...
p.s: how can / could i reach a specific group of people on this site ( all the german speaking...) with ONE mail, pm maybe, or is this technically not possible?
please use simple english to explain...

there was a function to "pm all buddies from your list" before... I'd like to help, but I can't find it now

Ledka
28-06-2005, 18:42
oh, I've found it! Go to Quick Links in the right upper corner => Open Buddy List => mark the users => PM Users!

Very easy! Good luck!

P.S. you need to add the users to your buddy list first of course. You can do it through User CP!

Benedikt
28-06-2005, 20:20
tx ledka, and i added you with quite a few others to it..
so no more hassles and dramas if i post something about the tramplin, or i do it in german...

DPG
28-06-2005, 20:29
Thread Closed

Braders
28-06-2005, 23:40
Thread Closed

Amen!