PDA

View Full Version : EARLY X MAS SHOPPING

Benedikt
12-09-2010, 19:52

franzewich
13-09-2010, 00:57
Stumbled into an ALDI store in Germany yesterday - and to my big astonishment I did, indeed, see X-Mas stuff being sold: Cake ("Stollen"), marzipan, cinnamon-stars and other typical cookies, even Haribo X-mas gummi-stuff! Kind of weird, because we has some +25░C in Bavaria yesterday!

"Kling, Gl÷ckchen, klingelingeling!" Appartently, Christmas cannot start early enough! ;)

tvadim133
13-09-2010, 01:20
Stumbled into an ALDI store in Germany yesterday - and to my big astonishment I did, indeed, see X-Mas stuff being sold: Cake ("Stollen"), marzipan, cinnamon-stars and other typical cookies, even Haribo X-mas gummi-stuff! Kind of weird, because we has some +25░C in Bavaria yesterday!

"Kling, Gl÷ckchen, klingelingeling!" Appartently, Christmas cannot start early enough! ;)

I guess, that this year X-mas shopping will start very soon in Moscow as well.

Retailers have lost a lot of money during heat wave, so they must encourage people to start buying now (I think, from October).

franzewich
13-09-2010, 01:41
... Retailers have lost a lot of money during heat wave, so they must encourage people to start buying now (I think, from October).

Good that they didn't start selling in July!!! Otherwise their stuff would have melted away! :)

Benedikt
13-09-2010, 07:03
after all a good Stollen or an English X mas pudding has to 'age' and soak up all the flavors and aromas for at least 4 month.
Even at home in Austria, my grandmother used to make a certain type of X mas cookie at the of of October. Needless to say no hiding place was high enough or secret enough that we kids did not find it. and to the extend we went to conceal that we had eaten out a few ...:shhhhhh:

Gypsy
13-09-2010, 09:05
Back home in France in august there was a TV show showing the earliest Xmas displays in shops - which were in the UK.