PDA

View Full Version : can someone clear this up please?

Navajo Joe
22-06-2005, 13:48
sorry if I`m repeating myself, but can someone please clarify:

I rang the Tallin Embassy, he said it was impossible to get a same day visa and the minimum wait was 5 days, for which I have to pay extra. Otherwise it`s a 10 day wait.

Now, other people in here have said it`s possible to get a full multi-entry one year visa in two days and I`m sure I saw a same day one mentioned.

What`s the truth? Does it depend on which embassy person you speak to?
Maybe I got the caretaker? :-)

Thanks

Halyavshik
22-06-2005, 14:15
As far as I know, the Tallinn Embassy's "express" visas have required 5 days since last year unless the Consul gives you an exemption (like for a death in the family). Same thing for Riga.

Lithuania appears to be different (there was thread about this recently in here).

Benedikt
22-06-2005, 14:54
..procedure is like that, officially only in 5 days(express visum) but if you wait for the 'consular' and show him your train ticket that you want / need to return, he will sign off the paper and you get it the same day at 3pm. the train leaves at something 16pm... BUT does the 'consular' come every day and what to do if he comes only at 3 pm or not at all...
THAT is the questions.( i had this situation with my visum, i asked and he signed off, but said that this time was the last time??!!)

Navajo Joe
22-06-2005, 15:06
Thanks guys,,,that clears that up then :-)

Halyavshik
22-06-2005, 15:20
..procedure is like that, officially only in 5 days(express visum) but if you wait for the 'consular' and show him your train ticket that you want / need to return, he will sign off the paper and you get it the same day at 3pm. the train leaves at something 16pm... BUT does the 'consular' come every day and what to do if he comes only at 3 pm or not at all...
THAT is the questions.( i had this situation with my visum, i asked and he signed off, but said that this time was the last time??!!)

The consular official I tried to talk to in Tallinn flat out refused despite my pleas, begging, threats, and bribes.

When I did my next run to Riga, they had the same 5-day rule (that had been implemented a day before I got there). The consular officer there gave me same-day service without even asking what my reason was. But I did need his permission.

In any case, I wouldn't count on the consular officer as a sure thing, but it's worth a try. I'd leave the return trip open and get your ticket back only when you know when you're visa's gonna be ready.

equalizer
22-06-2005, 18:04
sorry if I`m repeating myself, but can someone please clarify:

I rang the Tallin Embassy, he said it was impossible to get a same day visa and the minimum wait was 5 days, for which I have to pay extra. Otherwise it`s a 10 day wait.

Now, other people in here have said it`s possible to get a full multi-entry one year visa in two days and I`m sure I saw a same day one mentioned.

What`s the truth? Does it depend on which embassy person you speak to?
Maybe I got the caretaker? :-)

Thanks
i have been saying for two months now theres been a new system in place ,you may want to try speaking to the consul if hes there and he doesnt need to meet you,hes there for russians so theres a lot of ifs
phone and check

Navajo Joe
23-06-2005, 16:08
thanks all,

Helsinki sounds my best bet after all this..

same day, bit dearer with the boat, but cheaper saving on hotels

ta.