PDA

View Full Version : Would like to return to Moscow to teach

Shannon
08-09-2010, 02:37
Privet!

I am an American who has spent a lot of time in Moscow. In 2005 I lived there almost half a year, and had free-lance work with three established English language schools, who sent me to international companies as well as private individual clients.

I would like to return to Moscow, and I loved providing conversational practice for Russians who were at the intermediate or advanced levels.

I have several degrees, though not in English. I have excellent qualifications and plenty of life experience to work with Russians to get conversational practice. I LOVED my students!!

Ideally, I would travel to Seattle, WA, several times a year to spend time with my daughter. I would like to work with my clients in Moscow to allow some flexibility with this plan.

I am also the head organizer of the Seattle Russian Language Meetup Group here in Seattle, and I plan to improve my Russian!

Thank you for replying if you have any suggestions, resources, or comments.

Spacibo!!
Shannon Elizabeth Sweeney
Seattle, Washington, USA

xSnoofovich
08-09-2010, 11:16
hhihihihihihihihi -

prob best bet is to start off by coming in the 3rd week of aug. people are returning from summer vacations, and starting to arrange their yearly schedule. then starting sept 1, it is game on for 3 months. then around the 2nd or 3rd week of Dec, it dies off, only to pick back up again in the 2nd or 3rd week of jan. then again, game on for basically 3 months, only to die off again towards the 2nd or 3rd week of may. summer months are hard months to work as a teacher.

if you schedule your seattle visits around this schedule, you'll be just fine !

MTaver
23-10-2010, 13:00
Shannon, if you are interested in a well-paid kindergarten teacher job with accomodation, meals and driver provided - please pm me or write an email to info@goosenok.ru
Thanks!