PDA

View Full Version : Migration Card - Visa Concerns

Davey
20-06-2005, 18:32
Hi - I recently returned from a visit to Russia, on this trip i received my migration card (arrival + departure) on the plane and filled out the relevant information, obviously i handed my arrival one in as soon as i arrived but on the way back i didnt hand in my migration card. I wasn't challenged about this at passport control in Moscow the lady just took my passport and stamped my visa without any problem. My concern is because i am planning to return to Russia in August and have an appointment at the Russian consulate, i wasnt aware of this but it states in the literature that failure to hand in your migration cards means that you will be restricted from reentry into Russia on your next visit.
Is it easy to tell if someone has failed to do this? and can anyone advise if they think i will have problems in either obtaining my visa or reentering through passport control in Moscow?

equalizer
20-06-2005, 18:39
Hi - I recently returned from a visit to Russia, on this trip i received my migration card (arrival + departure) on the plane and filled out the relevant information, obviously i handed my arrival one in as soon as i arrived but on the way back i didnt hand in my migration card. I wasn't challenged about this at passport control in Moscow the lady just took my passport and stamped my visa without any problem. My concern is because i am planning to return to Russia in August and have an appointment at the Russian consulate, i was aware of this but it states in the literature that failure to hand in your migration cards means that you will be restricted from reentry into Russia on your next visit.
Is it easy to tell if someone has failed to do this? and can anyone advise if they think i will have problems in either obtaining my visa or reentering through passport control in Moscow?
there is still no process for registering this ,most end up in the bin ,i think its a scare tactics to increase registrations etc
no worrys

zzhhst
20-06-2005, 20:05
one time i forgot to hand in my migration card upon departure from moscow.
i have returned several times since than. never had any problems. greg

eastmarch
21-06-2005, 16:50
Really nothing to worry about -- in fact, I once tried to hand in my migration card, and they gave it back to me! Since, then, I never bother and I never have any problems.

Pobman
21-06-2005, 16:57
yeah at the moment they really dont care much about that card at the airport...

Davey
19-07-2005, 14:34
Hi - Thankyou to everyone that posted replies, you certainly put my mind at rest!. I have now been to the consulate to apply for my visa and as predicted i had no problems at all.
Thanks again :)

Titane
24-07-2005, 02:44
Immigrations cards and VISA are linked with central intelligence computers. They can see if you are still in Russia or not. If they stamp the passport it means they checked you out in the computer. The resident card is just a reason to steal a bit more money from you. They like papers. Have a good day.

Nicolas