PDA

View Full Version : Any writers out there?

Joe 6pack
20-06-2005, 18:23
I am wondering if there are any English-language writers in Moscow who might be interested in forming a group, or at least getting together informally from time to time to discuss & critique projects we're working on.

Doesn't matter to me if you are pro or amateur, or if you write fiction or nonfiction (I do both, but am currently occupied with a large nonfiction project). Right now, I'd just like to see who's out there. PM me or post here if interested!

mediashark
20-06-2005, 19:04
Hey, great idea. I'm a newly-published writer, in both fiction and non-fiction.

Lady Marmalade
20-06-2005, 19:52
I Pm'd you, I think it's a good idea. I could certainly use the feedback occasionally.

Cherokee
24-06-2005, 23:03
I am wondering if there are any English-language writers in Moscow who might be interested in forming a group, or at least getting together informally from time to time to discuss & critique projects we're working on.

Doesn't matter to me if you are pro or amateur, or if you write fiction or nonfiction (I do both, but am currently occupied with a large nonfiction project). Right now, I'd just like to see who's out there. PM me or post here if interested!

My books are orginal written in German but have English, Polish and Chinese translation sold. So if you let me join as a non-english writer, I would attend

Surok
25-06-2005, 15:17
I#d be up for it.

Someone tried to get something similar off the ground a couple of years ago, and it then died a death. Maybe we could make it happen this time? :)

Lady Marmalade
26-06-2005, 02:31
I#d be up for it.

Someone tried to get something similar off the ground a couple of years ago, and it then died a death. Maybe we could make it happen this time? :)
Geez you really are close mouthed girl!!!! You never even said you did your own writing, not really, come on, spit it out, wow! :respect:

Cherokee
26-06-2005, 14:48
Anyway I am up for it!

Surok
27-06-2005, 11:33
Geez you really are close mouthed girl!!!! You never even said you did your own writing, not really, come on, spit it out, wow! :respect:

spit spit

ok, now I've spat....what was it you wanted me to say?

Lady Marmalade
27-06-2005, 12:06
spit spit

ok, now I've spat....what was it you wanted me to say?

Ahhhh.... nothing..... In the words of the almighty Pengwn said with a slight tang, "I QUIT!" Just kidding, it's only Monday.

Surok
27-06-2005, 12:16
Ahhhh.... nothing..... In the words of the almighty Pengwn said with a slight tang, "I QUIT!" Just kidding, it's only Monday.

you should know by now that I will answer any direct question put to me. it's just that if the question doesn't get put, you're unlikely to get an answer :evilgrin:

Lady Marmalade
27-06-2005, 12:30
you should know by now that I will answer any direct question put to me. it's just that if the question doesn't get put, you're unlikely to get an answer :evilgrin:
yes, well, you wimped out last Thursday with reason, how about tonight, you coming on out tonight?

Surok
27-06-2005, 12:32
yes, well, you wimped out last Thursday with reason, how about tonight, you coming on out tonight?

nope, I have to go get my cat. flew in at 1am this morning. kitty is pining.

Lady Marmalade
27-06-2005, 12:34
nope, I have to go get my cat. flew in at 1am this morning. kitty is pining.
Pity. It would have been awfully nice to see you before I'm outta here. :respect:

Joe 6pack
27-06-2005, 13:19
Good to see you all showing interest. I'm tentatively thinking of a get-together this upcoming weekend, & would like to know who will be available then.

Surok
27-06-2005, 13:27
Good to see you all showing interest. I'm tentatively thinking of a get-together this upcoming weekend, & would like to know who will be available then.

maybe. not sure yet if I will be in town this weekend. should know by Thursday or so. sunday is better than saturday for me, I think. but weekday evenings are generally better than weekends - 8pm onwards.

Lady Marmalade
27-06-2005, 13:32
As for me as I said before in my PM, late weekday afternoons or evenings are best as there are usually plans on the weekend involving the other half of this partnership that I am in :respect:

Joe 6pack
28-06-2005, 18:09
OK, may I propose:

-meet somewhere convenient (like a cafe) in the center
-choice of either Sat afternoon (anytime from 2-6) or Sun afternoon (ditto)

what suits people better?

Igor129
28-06-2005, 19:30
Any writer is nothing without the reader ;)

mediashark
30-06-2005, 18:35
I think we don't have enough interest to get regular meetings going.

Why not include some readers, like Igor suggests?

Joe 6pack
01-07-2005, 08:49
I think we don't have enough interest to get regular meetings going.

Why not include some readers, like Igor suggests?

Sure, why not?

OK, anyone interested in things literary, please meet me at the Pushkin statue on Tverskaya at 3 PM on Sunday & we'll take it from there. I'll be holding a black leather bag.

Joe 6pack
04-07-2005, 09:08
Well, I showed up but nobody else did.

Maybe someone else can give it a try...