PDA

View Full Version : Family friendly churches

Helenmargaret
19-06-2005, 10:50
Does anyone know of a church in Moscow that has English language services and welcomes young children?

Halyavshik
19-06-2005, 13:56
Is denomination important ? There's a Catholic church (on Malaya Gruzinskaya, if I'm not mistaken) and a Church of England here. Hopefully someone else can post contact details or you can do a search.

ghost 6-3
19-06-2005, 15:43
Visit St Louis des Francais web-site:

http://www.stlouis.ru/

Billie Bob
19-06-2005, 20:10
don't know what faith are we talking about, but there are several options.

The Orthodox Church of America on Bol Ordynky, has an american priest from new york, and childen Im sure are always welcome.. they have a sunday school for kids.

The Catholic Church on Mal Gruzinskaya, has a polish priest, and they do have services in english too.

The Church of England also have their services in english. there are two such churches in Moscow, don't know which one has services, think the one between tverskaya and Nikitsky.

There's a non-denominational church that has been advertising in the Passport magazine, all are welcome, and in english.

And then there are a few missionaries out here, the school of Hinskly (or such), they have baptist services, don't know where they are located.

also, the church of later day saints have a few young guys walking with their badges on in the city streets, if you bump into them, Im sure they will be happy to invite you.

teacher
19-06-2005, 20:31
there is an american church called assemblies of god which have english service and sunday school metro reshskia (orange line at the top) i think their office number is 7254793 or 2684920 and they can give you more details

mtmiller
19-06-2005, 22:56
Some other options include:

International Baptist Fellowship (www.ibfmoscow.org)

Moscow Bible Church (www.biblechurch.ru)

Also, the Protestant chaplaincy meets weekly in Moscow. I don't know if they have a website or not.

It may be helpful to note that many churches do not offer much for children during the summer as so many are away.

Feel free to PM me if you want more information.

prost
09-07-2005, 10:18
ICA , International Christain Assembly. metro. Rizhskaya. Radius Hall, unmissable IMHO. Sundays 11pm. For more info. PM me