PDA

View Full Version : Dumping humanitarian aid

alouette
03-09-2010, 21:24
http://mn.ru/russia/20100902/188019744.html?id

The same happened in Saransk, Mordovia.

R304
03-09-2010, 21:33
A good friend of mine was collecting humanitarian aid and sending it to regions which were in fire. He made several trips to these regions in order to help people who became homeless... After getting an information about a dumping of humanitarian aid I heard his comments but I will not provide them. There was too much filthy language in his speech... He was very disappointed...

alouette
03-09-2010, 21:37
A good friend of mine was collecting humanitarian aid and sending it to regions which were in fire. He made several trips to these regions in order to help people who became homeless... After getting an information about a dumping of humanitarian aid I heard his comments but I will not provide them. There was too much filthy language in his speech... He was very disappointed...

He had all rights to say what he thought. I do understand his feelings.

tvadim133
03-09-2010, 21:43
I am in shock and hope that "my" staff was not just thrown away, that 's more there were absolutely new!

I am glad that the prosecutor has started the probe on the fact.

Even if there were too many and enough things for people who survived in fired, there are a lot of poor people in each region, who could be given with these "unwanted" clothes, shoes and other staff.

R304
03-09-2010, 21:46
He had all rights to say what he thought. I do understand his feelings.

Aloutte, I agree with you. I was disappointed too. Because I was also participating in the process of sending humanitarian aid.

alouette
03-09-2010, 21:47
Many items sent to Mordovia from St Pete were new, sorted in different sacks, with labels.

R304
03-09-2010, 21:53
:11629: The officials simply did not want to make an effort and do something. Throwing everything away was the best solution for them. Unfortunately, a life of a particular human in Russia is valueless for officials...

alouette
03-09-2010, 22:00
:11629: The officials simply did not want to make an effort and do something. Throwing everything away was the best solution for them. Unfortunately, a life of a particular human in Russia is valueless for officials...

Well, some officials were sacked after the case'd received publicity.

tvadim133
03-09-2010, 22:02

And that is even harmfull.

The worst thing authorities can make is that to make people be indifferent to other people problems in future.

Benedikt
04-09-2010, 12:58
then the vendors from the local market had a pick through all of this. and it was sold on the local market. and the test was left at the dump.
But if you think, well this is Russia, you are wrong, most of the clothes from the second hand shop come from collections in Europe, or on every street corner there are huge containers for clothes, as bad as my words are sounding, this is nothing new. second hand clothes and donations rarely benefit the people who they are intended for.
Thats why WE collect our clothes that we do not use anymore, but no worn down shoes, no socks and underwear, and get it to people DIRECT who will benefit from it. And everything is first laundered and ironed and packed up decently.