PDA

View Full Version : Registering for more than a month at a time

Cali4nia
17-06-2005, 06:08
I have a 12 month business visa, which I purchased through GoToRussia. When I arrived in Moscow to register, GoToRussia said they could only register me for one month at a time. Is this true? I am living in an apartment with a Russian friend who recently moved to Moscow, and who is not yet registered in Moscow, so I don't think I could get a landlord letter. Isn't it possible to register for more than one month at a time?
Thanks

DPG
17-06-2005, 08:10
If you can get a landlord letter you can do it for 6 months at a time.

Many hotels will do it for three months...

Pobman
17-06-2005, 09:33
You can certainly get 3,6 and 12 month hotel registrations... BUT the police etc. dont often look kindly on a 12 month hotel (temporary) registration. Some people in our office got them at the start of the year when our visa lady lost her accreditation for a short period. They were about 4000 roubles for the year.

However if you are here over a month its much better to try and get the real registration in your passport.

mitam77
17-06-2005, 09:57
The norm for staying at an apartment is 6 months registration (subject to all necessary documents being in order)

I just got mine till end of October -when my visa expires.

veejay
17-06-2005, 10:25
thru my company, they do 3 month registration, albeit at some hotel in moscow oblast. getting the 6 month registration is preferred...although no need for registration would be a dream come true...

Shaun
17-06-2005, 11:28
can give you the number of a woman who will do 3 month hotel registrations at a ficticious hotel for 600 roubles a time.

its only in the migration card though (she claims its illegal to have a hotel registration in the passport, and illegal to have one for more than 3 months), so if you leave the country you have to do it again...

nexus
17-06-2005, 12:02
can give you the number of a woman who will do 3 month hotel registrations at a ficticious hotel for 600 roubles a time.

its only in the migration card though (she claims its illegal to have a hotel registration in the passport, and illegal to have one for more than 3 months), so if you leave the country you have to do it again...

I think I need to get in touch with her. Could you post that info? It would be MUCH appreciated.

kazachka
17-06-2005, 13:09
I have a 12 month business visa, which I purchased through GoToRussia. When I arrived in Moscow to register, GoToRussia said they could only register me for one month at a time. Is this true? I am living in an apartment with a Russian friend who recently moved to Moscow, and who is not yet registered in Moscow, so I don't think I could get a landlord letter. Isn't it possible to register for more than one month at a time?
Thanks
I'm on my way now to pick up 6 mo registration from them. Albeit it's now day 9!Anyhow, they will do it 6 mos at a time w/ landlord letter for 105 bucks. The catch- yes, you have to have the letter from the landlord. They will also register you now in the Oblast which they stopped doing for a period a while back.

DPG
17-06-2005, 13:17
Kazachka - How much was the visa invite from them?

Visa House do both your 6 months registrations (you provide the landlord letter) for free...

Moscow Wolf
17-06-2005, 14:06
The problem is that 'most' landlords or landlady's don't want to give their tenants OVIR registration because they are afraid of this information being passed onto the tax authorities. It really is a case of 'having their cake and eating it'. I would suggest that prior to making any agreement with a Landlord/lady that you find out what they are willing to do and have it incorporated in the rental contract.

Temporary registration in Hotels is possible through a number of hotels and/or agents, I've even know of expats going directly to a hotel themselves and fixing registration, but the Militia are suspicious of these and will hassle you if you're not careful. Non Muscovite Russians are often dragged down the local station and forced to pay bribes on these 'semi legal' registrations. Hotel registration is only as good as your stay in the country anyway, should it be 1, 3 or 6 months. If you leave the country and come back you have to get registered again.

kazachka
17-06-2005, 20:56
I honestly can't remember how much it was for the invite. I have been paying just under 400 for the invite and 5 day processing via Seattle by mail from Alaska. That will no longer be an option unless I visit my folks in Chicago and mail it from there. However, I may consider Visahouse on my next visa. I've read they do the registration and even have their own stamp.My company may be able to do the invite by the time I need to re-apply in the late fall though so, I'll play it by ear til October.I THINK that Gotorussia charges 200 if you get the invite here but I'm not sure .I do know that's quite pricy. PM me for their #/email if you want.

Cali4nia
21-06-2005, 14:14
Sounds like I need to find someone at a hotel.

Just a follow up question- since I went ahead and allowed GoToRussia to register me for one month, do I need to leave the country before registering again through a hotel for 3 months???

Cherokee
24-06-2005, 23:01
Thanks

If you have your landlord registered you at the apartment, you can get a registration for a year. I have done it after I got my 1yrs. work-permid. After that you simply do it again for another year, when you extend your workvisa. It works!