PDA

View Full Version : Good late night eats

jheisel
16-06-2005, 11:16
Last night around 1AM some friends and I decided to go get dinner. We tossed around the idea of going to Starlite, the obvious candidate, but decided against it: there's only so many times you can go there in a day/week/month.

Next thought was to head over to Tunnel to get some Indian food. They greeted us at the door and told us that Indian food was served all night. Sweet. So we got our mouths watering, then placed our order and the waitress told us the tandoori grill (and thus all the Indian food, even the non-tandoor items) was shut down at midnight. D'oh.

Frustrated, we walked up Myasnitskaya to Coconuts, where we had a rather disappointing meal. During the daytime and evening, the food there is top-notch, but our 2AM dinners were all on the weak side.

So, the question is, other than Starlite, where can you go for decent food at 2AM?

I know AmBar is open, but the food there is repulsive at all hours. We've gotten a little sick of Pancho Villa. Obviously, Boar House food is pretty good at all hours, but the crowd at 2AM is a bit of a turn off when you just want a meal before bed.

Thoughts?

moscowmail
16-06-2005, 11:18
Last night around 1AM some friends and I decided to go get dinner. We tossed around the idea of going to Starlite, the obvious candidate, but decided against it: there's only so many times you can go there in a day/week/month.

Next thought was to head over to Tunnel to get some Indian food. They greeted us at the door and told us that Indian food was served all night. Sweet. So we got our mouths watering, then placed our order and the waitress told us the tandoori grill (and thus all the Indian food, even the non-tandoor items) was shut down at midnight. D'oh.

Frustrated, we walked up Myasnitskaya to Coconuts, where we had a rather disappointing meal. During the daytime and evening, the food there is top-notch, but our 2AM dinners were all on the weak side.

So, the question is, other than Starlite, where can you go for decent food at 2AM?

I know AmBar is open, but the food there is repulsive at all hours. We've gotten a little sick of Pancho Villa. Obviously, Boar House food is pretty good at all hours, but the crowd at 2AM is a bit of a turn off when you just want a meal before bed.

Thoughts?

Silvers, Albion, 3/9's, Eastern Rooms

jheisel
16-06-2005, 11:24
Silvers, Albion, 3/9's, Eastern Rooms

Silvers and Albion aren't open 24/7, don't know 3/9's or Eastern Rooms (unless you mean the place at Smolensky Passazh, also not open 24).

moscowmail
16-06-2005, 11:26
Silvers and Albion aren't open 24/7, don't know 3/9's or Eastern Rooms (unless you mean the place at Smolensky Passazh, also not open 24).

Ahh 24/7... oh yes, sorry...

Silvers is.. well from Wed ot Sund, Albion.. well when DJ likes ya ;) the place at Smolensky, sorry, wrong again huh :(

Billie Bob
16-06-2005, 21:54
1) The new Parizhsk restaurant "DIRECTLY" behind PARK KULTURY ring metro.. They are open 24 hours, and the place stays packed till 2 am. the food is actually fine, and the atmosphere is nice.

http://www.parizhsk.ru/

2)also, the old, old old place..... completely revamped, but high price, still see some interesting people there late at night, celebrities etc...

La Gourmet restaurant (Eldorado Restaurant side kick). 24 hrs.

3) Apshu, on tretiakovka. cute and comfy, simple food, nice price, and the food never changes in taste or presentation, I think they have a vat in the back that pumps it out.

www.apshu.ru

4) MacDonalds (McDs), drive thru service only, almost all are open 24 hrs.

5) Shokoladnitsa, coffee house m. Oktyabarskaya..
I think Gino Taki is also open 24 hrs here too.

Alex
17-06-2005, 12:22
The Macoy is open 24/7, and if u're into meat then it's good
Yakitoria is open till 6am
there is a nice cafe on Lubianka st. called "Skromnoe aboyanie burzhuazi" which is open 24/7 (has both sushi and non-suhi food)

veejay
17-06-2005, 12:31
Also, Kitaiskii Lyotchik, at m. Kitai Gorod is open nearly all the time. great blinii -- huge portions and quite filling, and not bad for a mere R120 or so...it's a bit more bohemian, but i like it...:-)

Billie Bob
17-06-2005, 12:43
Kitaiski Kvartal,
Taganka, located right at the square, 24 hrs.
they have midnite discounts.
nice oriental salad bar too.

corp_fin
17-06-2005, 13:06
Moskva - Rim on Stoleshnikov

RDV
24-06-2005, 19:58
There is a nice cafe on Lubianka st. called "Skromnoe aboyanie burzhuazi" which is open 24/7 (has both sushi and non-suhi food)

Second Alex on Obayanie. Great place! Always open! Great location. Love it!

RDV
24-06-2005, 19:59
3) Apshu, on tretiakovka. cute and comfy, simple food, nice price, and the food never changes in taste or presentation, I think they have a vat in the back that pumps it out.

www.apshu.ru (http://www.apshu.ru/)

Wait a minute... I thought they had a membership policy in place. Or did they drop it to get more $$$ in the summertime?