PDA

View Full Version : Chinese tea room

Olga Ten
16-06-2005, 10:19
I wonder if someone here likes chinese real tea? I know the extraodinary place (for me) where I drink sometimes the chinese tea with the ceremony.

Kind rgds,
Tonka

TinyToes
16-06-2005, 10:26
I wonder if someone here likes chinese real tea? I know the extraodinary place (for me) where I drink sometimes the chinese tea with the ceremony.

Kind rgds,
Tonka

which one do you mean?
on the Prospect Mira (Chzhun Dao), on Lubyanka (zhelezny Fenix), or the first one - Club East (Bronislav's club)?

Olga Ten
16-06-2005, 10:32
WOW, Tiny!
You know many places:)
I know east club at Kurskaya and INBI club at Novoslobodskaya. The second club is more private:)

TinyToes
16-06-2005, 10:36
WOW, Tiny!
You know many places:)
I know east club at Kurskaya and INBI club at Novoslobodskaya. The second club is more private:)
they are all quite private. but as I was into green tea since the first Bronislav's club opened in Ermitazh 6 (or7) years ago - have seen most of the clubs and chose three that I like.
What's your favourite tea, by the way?

Olga Ten
16-06-2005, 10:43
they are all quite private. but as I was into green tea since the first Bronislav's club opened in Ermitazh 6 (or7) years ago - have seen most of the clubs and chose three that I like.
What's your favourite tea, by the way?

If you mean Bronislav club Ermitazh, I wasn't there. I visit very often the club on Kurskaya - east club.

I choose tea depends on my mood. I just start up with this interesting direction. I like Pure Tea (Black tea) when i'd like something strong, green teas (different types) when something light.
I like chinese sencha green tea.

Lled
16-06-2005, 10:43
Strangely, I have some green tea at home, wanna come round to mine?

Olga Ten
16-06-2005, 10:46
Strangely, I have some green tea at home, wanna come round to mine?

Dear Lled,

But you couldn't gather all funs of tea at your home:)

TinyToes
16-06-2005, 10:50
If you mean Bronislav club Ermitazh, I wasn't there. I visit very often the club on Kurskaya - east club.

I choose tea depends on my mood. I just start up with this interesting direction. I like Pure Tea (Black tea) when i'd like something strong, green teas (different types) when something light.
I like chinese sencha green tea.

you should try Si Hu Lun Tzyn (should be fresh now),
Syan Pin Van - Zin Cheng (the oolong kind, the best drink ever!),
Pu-erh with Jinger and honey - Lu Youy Style - best in the countryside, selfmade
and some others - I can give you some of my opinions - if you wish.

TinyToes
16-06-2005, 10:51
Dear Lled,

But you couldn't gather all funs of tea at your home:)

Oh, I wouldn't be THAT sure...

Olga Ten
16-06-2005, 11:06
you should try Si Hu Lun Tzyn (should be fresh now),
Syan Pin Van - Zin Cheng (the oolong kind, the best drink ever!),
Pu-erh with Jinger and honey - Lu Youy Style - best in the countryside, selfmade
and some others - I can give you some of my opinions - if you wish.

I didn't remember the title of some teas.
The last I tasted was with a female name:) and something related to milk.
Next time I should write down the names:)
I tasted several times the oolong teas but I'm not sure that I like them very much.
Some tea masters told me that they usually advise the oolongs to the newcomers because they are expensive!

Lled
16-06-2005, 11:08
The last I tasted was with a female name:) and something related to milk.
Next time I should write down the names:)

You know, I have EXACTLY the same problem.

Olga Ten
16-06-2005, 11:34
You know, I have EXACTLY the same problem.

I supposed I should pick up my note with me and everytime ask the name:)

Billie Bob
16-06-2005, 21:46
Hi Tonka,

woof, love your name(s)...

I used to have tonka toy trucks when I was young :)

anyway, did you ever try the tea house off of Myasnitskaya? they were quite good, but unfortunately, forgot the name... it was parallel with Myasnitskaya..

as far as partying it up, let's do it :)
ever try a russian tea ceremony? beats the chinese :)

Olga Ten
16-06-2005, 23:32
Hi Tonka,

woof, love your name(s)...

I used to have tonka toy trucks when I was young :)

anyway, did you ever try the tea house off of Myasnitskaya? they were quite good, but unfortunately, forgot the name... it was parallel with Myasnitskaya..

as far as partying it up, let's do it :)
ever try a russian tea ceremony? beats the chinese :)

Hello Bob!
Nice to hear you too!
I don't have such toys as you do:)

I didn't hear about the tea house at Myasnickaya. Don't you remember the name of it? We try to search. I know East Club (tea and anime), INBI house (very lovely place).

Russian tea ceremony?:))) With the samovar you mean? I had it but in Moscow region.

Actually I'm korean but never been there:) The next plan could be studing korean ceremony:)

I don't mind to go to any if there will be any interests from people.

Tonka

Billie Bob
17-06-2005, 00:59
:bookworm: AHN-NYUNG HA-SEH-YO KAANG-AH-JEE TONKA...

:bookworm: BAN-GAP SUP-NEE-DA :)

CHAH & HOO-SIK?

ok, ok, good enough for some Korean...
are you in Moscow?

How about sharing with us a little secret?

where is the BEST Korean restaurant?
The Korean restaurants I've tried in recent years:
1) The Salut Hotel corner of vernadsky and leninsky.
2) The Sputnik Hotel, top floor, Leninsky prospekt.

I'm going to another Korean Restaurant TOMORROW as a matter of fact! (friend is celebrating his birthday, and, I reccomended a Korean restaurant to spice up his life :) he agreed!

so we plan to have some:

SOH-GO-GI, DAAK-GO-GI, DAEJI-GO-GI, SOHNG-AH-JI in all different types of meals...

Namul, Pab, Pajon, Pulkogi, Kalbi-jim...
Mandoo (my favorite)
Sae u jun (love it too, but expensive)
Samgyae tang (good for mens health) :)
Chapchae (I'm hungry already)
Yakkwa (I never had these...)

what can you suggest? whats your favorite Korean meal?

Ahn Nyung Hee Ga Seh YO!!!

Olga Ten
17-06-2005, 01:25
:bookworm: AHN-NYUNG HA-SEH-YO KAANG-AH-JEE TONKA...

:bookworm: BAN-GAP SUP-NEE-DA :)

CHAH & HOO-SIK?

ok, ok, good enough for some Korean...
are you in Moscow?

How about sharing with us a little secret?

where is the BEST Korean restaurant?
The Korean restaurants I've tried in recent years:
1) The Salut Hotel corner of vernadsky and leninsky.
2) The Sputnik Hotel, top floor, Leninsky prospekt.

I'm going to another Korean Restaurant TOMORROW as a matter of fact! (friend is celebrating his birthday, and, I reccomended a Korean restaurant to spice up his life :) he agreed!

so we plan to have some:

SOH-GO-GI, DAAK-GO-GI, DAEJI-GO-GI, SOHNG-AH-JI in all different types of meals...

Namul, Pab, Pajon, Pulkogi, Kalbi-jim...
Mandoo (my favorite)
Sae u jun (love it too, but expensive)
Samgyae tang (good for mens health) :)
Chapchae (I'm hungry already)
Yakkwa (I never had these...)

what can you suggest? whats your favorite Korean meal?

Ahn Nyung Hee Ga Seh YO!!!

I feel full stupid myself:))))
Actually I know many dishes from korean cuisine but the "soviet koreans" and the Koreans in south are different : in mind, culture etc instead we are the same nations.
Before I know one lovely place: Bambuk restaurant, but it was closed:( Very good place with pretty good cuisine.
Yes, I'm in Moscow and I like different cuisines very much: especially, korean (of course) and chinese because it's spicy.
My favorite meal is Kuk-si. i don't know if the local korean restaurants make it, usually it prepare at home:)
But there are a lot other meals but i'm not sure that the titles could be the same as in Moscow.
Please tell me than how do you find this new restaurant:) probably I go there with my friends:) We try to find something special in this field.
Please feel free to ask me anything about korean expect their language:)
Tonka

Billie Bob
17-06-2005, 09:04
by the way (btw), here's some information on
The Korean Tea Ceremony or DaDo (The Way of Tea)
http://www.easterntea.com/tea/panyaro.htm

The tea ceremony, or chanoyu, is an aesthetic pastime unique to Japan that features the serving and drinking of macha, a powdered green tea.
Chanoyu involves more than merely enjoying a cup of tea in a stylized manner. The ceremony developed under the influence of Zen Buddhism, the aim of which is, in simple terms, to purify the soul by becoming one with nature.

http://asiarecipe.com/kortea.html
http://www.teatrail.co.uk/tt/leaves/korea_ceremony.html
http://teaswap.stefmike.org/teaswap_archives/001034.html

btw, when I posted about the Korean restaurants, and their locations, I meant, "AT" the hotels. They are all run by Koreans, and it seems traditional Korean expats dine at these places, they are always packed with Koreans.

what is Kuk-si? I see its a summer dish, but what is it?
http://www.iearn.org.au/lewin/2002/kazak1.htm

Olga Ten
17-06-2005, 10:04
by the way (btw), here's some information on
The Korean Tea Ceremony or DaDo (The Way of Tea)
http://www.easterntea.com/tea/panyaro.htm

The tea ceremony, or chanoyu, is an aesthetic pastime unique to Japan that features the serving and drinking of macha, a powdered green tea.
Chanoyu involves more than merely enjoying a cup of tea in a stylized manner. The ceremony developed under the influence of Zen Buddhism, the aim of which is, in simple terms, to purify the soul by becoming one with nature.

http://asiarecipe.com/kortea.html
http://www.teatrail.co.uk/tt/leaves/korea_ceremony.html
http://teaswap.stefmike.org/teaswap_archives/001034.html

btw, when I posted about the Korean restaurants, and their locations, I meant, "AT" the hotels. They are all run by Koreans, and it seems traditional Korean expats dine at these places, they are always packed with Koreans.

what is Kuk-si? I see its a summer dish, but what is it?
http://www.iearn.org.au/lewin/2002/kazak1.htm

Hello Billy:)
thanks for your info.
Hmmm.... Russian people would understand me but do you know what does it mean in Russian : "macha, a powdered green tea"?
I read your article a bit later, now have much to do.
Kuk-si? I eat it everytime when I cooked it not only in summer time:)
Cheers,
tonka

Billie Bob
17-06-2005, 12:52
i have macha tea at home...

I like to experiment with the green powder, I use it in my cooking too and not just for tea anymore, the stuff is powerful. :)

Olga Ten
17-06-2005, 12:54
i have macha tea at home...

I like to experiment with the green powder, I use it in my cooking too and not just for tea anymore, the stuff is powerful. :)

if you know what does it mean in Russian, you probably don't use it for meal:)

RDV
24-06-2005, 20:04
which one do you mean?
on the Prospect Mira (Chzhun Dao), on Lubyanka (zhelezny Fenix), or the first one - Club East (Bronislav's club)?

Zheleznyi Fenix is very nice! I read about in Afisha over a year ago. Surprised they didn't get flooded with visitors after that article.

Really like . Have no idea what it is in English ;)

Blue oolongs in general are very-very nice!