PDA

View Full Version : New Dr Watson

tvadim133
31-08-2010, 00:20
Frankly speaking, from all "Holms' movies" I alwasy liked Russian movie "Adventures of Sherlock Holms and Dr. Watson", where Dr Watson is a very touching character, which makes the movie be very stylish, interesting and hunorous (for many Russians, Dr Watson by Solomin become a portrait, example of a real english gentleman).

Today I have watched two episodes of new british movie "Sherlock" and they did it brilliantly, to my mind and I highly recommend to watch it.

Sure there are some things, which make this story "to be not so the same" as in Sir Doyle's:

1. the stories takes place in modern London (but it was done with sence of taste);
2. Dr.Watson is a touching personnage, which becomes the main character of the movie as well as in Russian version. I fully vote for this interpretation, It is marverlous;
3. Holms is great, though sure it is very difficult to imagine that the old concept of Sherlock could be so interesting tranferred into modern life;
4. They follow more or less the stories written by Conan Doyle (not creating absolutely new, like in Guy Richy's movie).

I watched theses episodes on www.tvshack.cc/tv/Sherlock (thanks to Bels)

My new avatar photo is a photo of Martin Freeman who plays the part of Dr Watson (just in case, you ask about it).

Gypsy
31-08-2010, 00:27
Thanks TV.

I haven't seen the new BBC new, but in the recent film I thought Dr Watson was by far the best thing. Usually he is written as a bit of a drag and a whinger, which if you think of the character of Holmes would be very unlikely, but this one played by Jude Law was very believable.

The scenes of London were ludicrous, which was sad - quite why they would go via Aldgate on a trip from Baker St to the Houses of Parliament is a mystery to me.

ReallyGreatConcerts
31-08-2010, 01:26
I thought for a moment you meant....

http://zakazartistov.com/upload/iblock/737/01.jpg

OLDYELLER
31-08-2010, 06:11
As for me noone shall ever replace the good old Jeremy Brett.His image as Sherlock Holmes as been imprinted on my mind since my childhood days when I used to keenly look forward every week to watch his episodes.Over the years I've seen several actors play this part but none shall even come close to his amazing performance.
YouTube- Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes - Whisper of Angels

Gypsy
31-08-2010, 10:51
As for me noone shall ever replace the good old Jeremy Brett.His image as Sherlock Holmes as been imprinted on my mind since my childhood days when I used to keenly look forward every week to watch his episodes.Over the years I've seen several actors play this part but none shall even come close to his amazing performance.
YouTube- Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes - Whisper of Angels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnN7j37JiHU)

I agree - much as Sean Connery will always be James Bond to me, Jeremy Brett is Sherlock Holmes. His Watson was a bit wet and stupid though.

tvadim133
12-09-2010, 23:02
I have just seen the advertising on the 1 channel.

Sherlock of BBC will be shown (the first episode) on the Channel 1 next saturday at 22:50.

It will be translated into Russian, so good chance for your to practice Russian, especially if you have already seen the original version.

alouette
13-09-2010, 00:18
Frankly speaking, from all "Holms' movies" I alwasy liked Russian movie "Adventures of Sherlock Holms and Dr. Watson", where Dr Watson is a very touching character, which makes the movie be very stylish, interesting and hunorous (for many Russians, Dr Watson by Solomin become a portrait, example of a real english gentleman).

Today I have watched two episodes of new british movie "Sherlock" and they did it brilliantly, to my mind and I highly recommend to watch it.

Sure there are some things, which make this story "to be not so the same" as in Sir Doyle's:

1. the stories takes place in modern London (but it was done with sence of taste);
2. Dr.Watson is a touching personnage, which becomes the main character of the movie as well as in Russian version. I fully vote for this interpretation, It is marverlous;
3. Holms is great, though sure it is very difficult to imagine that the old concept of Sherlock could be so interesting tranferred into modern life;
4. They follow more or less the stories written by Conan Doyle (not creating absolutely new, like in Guy Richy's movie).

I watched theses episodes on www.tvshack.cc/tv/Sherlock (http://www.tvshack.cc/tv/Sherlock) (thanks to Bels)

My new avatar photo is a photo of Martin Freeman who plays the part of Dr Watson (just in case, you ask about it).

Russian Actor Vasilii Livanov is the Best Sherlock Holmes 25.02.2006

http://www.russia-ic.com/img/news/news-1140870049.jpg

Elizabeth the Second has awarded Russian actor Vasilii Livanov with the Order of the British Empire for his contribution to the friendship of Russia and great Britain as the best performer of Sherlock Holmes’ part.

Vasilii Livanov thanked Her Majesty for the honour and expressed regret for the fact that his friend Vitalii Solomin who played the role of Dr. Watson is not alive. ‘I am sure we would have shared this honorable award. And I’d like to finish with the words of Alexander Suvorov: “We are Russians! What delight!”, - Livanov said.