PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Players Sought

Gung Ho
30-08-2010, 20:20
We are a mixed group of players that play each weekend in the centre of town. We play generally on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning for two hours.

We are probably a little better than average, meaning we can serve reasonably, hit a volley and even a backhand and forehand without throwing it 30 meters in the air.

The cost for a two hour session in winter is 800 or 900 roubles.

Anyone interested in trying it out and putting his name on the list, please send me a message.

See you on the court.

Phalanx1710
30-08-2010, 21:31
Hiya

It's been a while since I've played, so I have what might seem like a strange request. If you manage to get 4 people together I'd love to come along for a game or a few, but I'd feel happier if you had someone good to play against in case I'm too rubbish for you!
I can also serve reasonably, play a rally, fore-back, etc but like I say, it's been about 3 months since I've played.

Reckon that would be possible? Just don't want to ruin your game if I'm not up to your standard!

bob
31-08-2010, 09:49
I would like to join in.

Had not played for quite some time and started 2 weeks back. The level at this stage is starters but can hold my game in case of doubles and give it a fight.

Lemme know.

Vikky 13
31-08-2010, 10:34
I would like to join you as well.
Let me know when & where
Cheers

Phalanx1710
31-08-2010, 13:27
Bob, should this fall through I'd be up for a game with you. Sounds like you're about the same level as me...

Swordfish90293
31-08-2010, 15:09
We are a mixed group of players that play each weekend in the centre of town. We play generally on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning for two hours.

We are probably a little better than average, meaning we can serve reasonably, hit a volley and even a backhand and forehand without throwing it 30 meters in the air.

The cost for a two hour session in winter is 800 or 900 roubles.

Anyone interested in trying it out and putting his name on the list, please send me a message.

See you on the court.

Is the pivo and vodka provided on-court? What about profanity? Is it at least tolerated? Or are you guys a 'proper' tennis crowd? Mind you I'll only play multinational...Canadians, Indians, Kiwis, Dutch, Francos, Russkyies, Belorus...I like to mix it up...

YouTube- John Mcenroe goes ballistic at the umpire

mi2tennis
10-09-2010, 09:56
If it's mixed doubles then I'm in. Played with quite a few men, singles and doubles. Haven't played since June (tennis elbow). No unintentional 30 meters ball from me...just looking for a solid but fun game. Can you send me time and place, and is it necessary to reserve in advance?

Giggens
11-09-2010, 01:27
hey I can play have not played for a long time and also could do with a spare raquet from someone but im sure I could show u a trick or two.... please get in touch

EvS
17-09-2010, 11:43
Hey! I'd love to join if you still have room for more ppl :) Looks like i'm about the same level as you guys.

Johan
25-09-2010, 23:29
Hi, not sure my level would be up to your expectations, but I'd love to give it a try. Some background: I used to be rather good, but I haven't played for quite many years (with the exception of my vacation last week during which I played every day). Please let me know when and where unless you already have all the plyers you need. Thanks.

maccaddy17
26-09-2010, 05:13
i am interested too.would be great if i could try out.been awhile.lol.definitely no 30feet air balls (i hope).i did play fairly well the last i touched the racket.so hope to hear.tq.

robert789
04-10-2010, 18:04
i liked to play tennis.my favourite tennis player is raffel nadal.i m a big fan of him.

Elisabeth OpdeBeeck
08-10-2010, 19:42
I will be arriving on the 30th in Moscow... I want to play... , I play minimum twice a week...please add me to the list.
Gracias!!!

illiades
31-10-2010, 19:47
i want to find some people to play tennis with too. I am new to Moscow and don't know the city so well, so, i don't know where to play.

My level is decent.

Serve well enough, albeit a little too straight and without enough punch.
Backhand is decent, forehand is trusty. Volleying is poor, but this is 2010 and baseline is the way, so it's ok.

How does it work?

Do i post here and somebody contacts me or should i contact you?

Who wants to play?

xpucu
01-11-2010, 12:23
Can you guys add me too.. I have a feeling you might be a bit too good for me... I've played for the last 3 summers fairly regularly but thats about it. Anyways I'd love to come check it out...

illiades
01-11-2010, 21:06
xpucu if there are no replies i will be happy to meet up for a match.

I am heading back to London for about 10 days (visa) but when i return i will be happy to play.

What do you say?

Daniel
04-11-2010, 21:46
Hi!

I fancy so much this sport! Where about is this place where you meet to play it? I don't have rackets, is it possible to get it in that place?
Please, let me know more about your meetings!

rainbotron
13-11-2010, 22:00
Hello. I'm really keen to start playing tennis. I'm relatively fit but don't have loads of tennis experience, but I'm eager to take up a new sport.

damiendb294
27-11-2010, 14:50
Hello people!
New to this forum, but it looked like a pretty active tennis community, and as I have recently moved to central Moscow....
It seems that you are by and large above my current level (I stopped for about 7 years, but played in a club for 8 years before). Any chance of people interested in getting back up to speed and sharing a fun, (competitive spirit still there, mind;)) game?
If there is a chance of entering into a game next w-e, I'd love it, so please do send some details this way, if possible...
Thanks, and have fun for today's games...
Damien

elisa2010
27-11-2010, 18:41
Hi!

I would love to play too!

Samodika
28-11-2010, 00:52
Hi! I am interested as well!
My background - 10 years of playing, then 10 years pause and then 2y of playing again till this summer when stopped because of peat fires.

What courts do you play on (location)?
Really would love to join you!!

Cheers