PDA

View Full Version : Mountain biking in south Moscow

sevan
14-06-2005, 22:22
I live near Bitsevsky park, which I have discovered is great for mountain-biking. Great single track, drops, and other fun. Haven't discovered everything yet, but am just wondering if there are any other semi-serious bikers out there who might be interested in going out for a somewhat challenging Saturday or Sunday ride.

P.S. That bike carrier is still for sale....

Pobman
15-06-2005, 12:25
If I ever get my Rocky Mountain Element Race to Moscow then yes.... but at the moment I am stuck on two legs....

Akila Pils
15-06-2005, 12:43
that leaves me up for a question:

- i intend to do regular hikes on the bike in moskow oblast.

i gave up hope of getting my bike here from belgium without pain and suffering so i intend to buy something here.

Does anyone have any idea where a good place is. Budget, 1000 USD max

sevan
15-06-2005, 13:51
Depends on what you want - you can get a decent hardtail for $700-800 (Gary Fisher T**** for example). Try Sportmaster for starters. Just got my wife a decent bike there for $400.

RDV
15-06-2005, 15:30

i gave up hope of getting my bike here from belgium without pain and suffering so i intend to buy something here.

If you speak Russian, go to http://www.velosite.ru/ They have a huge online selection and decent prices, also inexpensive tuning and repairs etc. The place itself is located not far from Komsomolskaya but you'll need a car to get there. Their in-store selction is obviously smaller but you can talk to the salespeople who ARE helpful and order it. It should arrive within a week or two (unless they have it in stock). (I ordered mine a week ago.)

NB! Good Russian is a must :)

Svetulya
15-06-2005, 16:52

www.velomir.ru is good with reasonable prices, but I guess Russian is necessary to communicate with them

Akila Pils
15-06-2005, 17:19
Good Russian is a must :)

I am pretty well with Russian, but cannot hide the accent. Should I bring a russian friend not to get cheated on?

Svetulya
15-06-2005, 17:58
I am pretty well with Russian, but cannot hide the accent. Should I bring a russian friend not to get cheated on?
Well, if you consider going to www.velomir.ru it's OK, there can't be any cheating as their prices are listed on their website and in their catalogue.

sevan
15-06-2005, 18:05

I think that if you know a thing or two about bikes (you should if you are planning to spend up to $1000), you won't get cheated. Plus, as mentioned, the prices and components are listed on the website.

ivancauso
16-06-2005, 19:40
Hey Sevan! I live near Bitsevsky park too, not far from metro Konkova, and ussually I ride there alone. I didn't get too see all the tracks the place has got but I know its a great place to ride! If you want you may send me an email and we can meet there for a ride! It would be cool if we could get some more people to come too! My email is ivancauso@yahoo.com.
About buying bikes in Moscow, near metro Sokolniki (in the red line, north) there are heaps of bike shops! Don't worry about the accent, just have a look around there, good prices if you know what you looking for. They sell Scott, Gary Fisher, GT, Rock Mountain, etc. and equipment too. Just be careful, have a good look around before buying anything!!!