PDA

View Full Version : how's УЛИЦЕ ОКТЯБРЬСКАЯ?

belliniq
26-08-2010, 22:51
How's УЛИЦЕ ОКТЯБРЬСКАЯ?
A good neighborhood? or an average one?
I'm going to live there from Sept. to next May.

tvadim133
26-08-2010, 23:40
How's УЛИЦЕ ОКТЯБРЬСКАЯ?
A good neighborhood? or an average one?
I'm going to live there from Sept. to next May.

It is a well known area in Moscow, where there were a lot of hasas (a meeting points and houses where bandits groups lived and met each other).

But it depends upon the part of the street you will live. :)

To be Honest, after they opened the metro next to the soviet army theatre, it becomes better to live there.

In the night it was not very pleasant to walk there.

Quite few food stores, unfortunately.

belliniq
26-08-2010, 23:54
SO scary.....seriously? what about d. 1-90 on that street?

tvadim133
27-08-2010, 00:07
SO scary.....seriously? what about d. 1-90 on that street?

Maryina Roshcha was a bad area untill 50s in the 20th century.... :)

Now it is OK.

You house (I read your PM) is next to the third transport Ring.

it is not very good (I mean, a lot of cars), but in general it is more or less OK.

I do not remember if there are large supermakets next ot your house, but there are some small stores, in which you can find all necessary staff, at least, you will be hungry, coming back home at 23:00.

I guess, that Metro Marina Roshcha has already started working (I can be mistaken), so 5 minutes of walk from Metro to your house it is more than good.

You house was built during Stalin ruling (we call "Stalinka"), so the flat can be nice (no small).

do not worry much, in Moscow there are no good or bad locations (quite few), but in Maryina Roscha you will feel a true muscovite without any questions.

http://maps.yandex.ru/

belliniq
27-08-2010, 00:15
haha Thanks!! Now I feel better :)

Lady Lana
27-08-2010, 10:32
I live in that area, it's fine since they've opened the metro. Just make sure the windows are not overlooking the third transport ring, it's unbearably noisy at any time of day and night.