PDA

View Full Version : taxes/evidence for money transfer to Russia

elliotts
26-08-2010, 11:10
Dear all,

I have an HSBC off shore account where I keep money from a recent house sale in Europe. Now I am about to buy a car here in Moscow and other things so I want to either transfer the money to my Russian bank account or walk into the HSBC branch here to take out the money. However, I will need to take/transfer slightly more than $20K and was wondering if there are any anti-money laundering regulations in place and if I have to provide evidence that this is my money. The money is on a named account (my name) not a numbered account or anything shady it is really my money.
Has anyone done this and could give me advice?
Many thanks

tasel
26-08-2010, 23:24
I don't think it will be a trouble, since the money is being transferred from your own account.

waxyweller
26-08-2010, 23:40
If U have the money in an HSBC acc in Europe ... U can open another HSBC account here and transfer it, Its free of charge,No transfer fee :ok:

elliotts
27-08-2010, 14:49
Yep I thought the same with the account being in my name and I opened the HSBC account specifically for this purpose. "Your local global bank" or whatever they say. Will post here if it really works "the easy way"

Thanks for your comments

:12035: