PDA

View Full Version : The 'disappearing' Buckwheat story

Benedikt
25-08-2010, 15:59
..I am not trying to make this into something. After all we still remember the 'no salt' story a short 2 or 3 years back.
But there is no buckwheat (Гречка) the most basic russia n staple at AUSHAN,BILLA,ALIYA PARUSA and nothing at the little neighbor hood stores. Last nights news said that a ton of the stuff has already increased 4 fold at the wholesalers and they are holding back to do some nice price gouging. And using the draught and forest fires as an excuse for it. In THIS case i would have nothing against it that the anti Monopoly commission starts working and sends a few guys to Siberia for a stint in Potato peeling. After all, this is a food staple used by everybody and most of it by the not so affluent people and special pensioners. The story goes it will be double the price from 30 rubles a kilo to about 60 or more.:(
And no one must tell me about the free market and the kind of crap.My mother in law has a pension of 200 $.

Swordfish90293
25-08-2010, 16:05
I'm using the wheat shortage as a vehicle to aid me in staying as lean as possible. I already stay away from bread as much as possible, which in Russia with its delicious varieties, is next to impossible...

ReallyGreatConcerts
25-08-2010, 16:10
The situation of "no buckwheat" suits me perfectly - I hate it!! It's like boiled lumps of soil.

But there is plenty of this awful stuff left in my local shops today.

xSnoofovich
25-08-2010, 16:18
This was in the Moscow Times this morning. It said that this was the second straight year of poor harvests for grechka.

Willy
25-08-2010, 16:41
..I am not trying to make this into something. After all we still remember the 'no salt' story a short 2 or 3 years back.
But there is no buckwheat (Гречка) the most basic russia n staple at AUSHAN,BILLA,ALIYA PARUSA and nothing at the little neighbor hood stores. Last nights news said that a ton of the stuff has already increased 4 fold at the wholesalers and they are holding back to do some nice price gouging. And using the draught and forest fires as an excuse for it. In THIS case i would have nothing against it that the anti Monopoly commission starts working and sends a few guys to Siberia for a stint in Potato peeling. After all, this is a food staple used by everybody and most of it by the not so affluent people and special pensioners. The story goes it will be double the price from 30 rubles a kilo to about 60 or more.:(
And no one must tell me about the free market and the kind of crap.My mother in law has a pension of 200 $.

Now I know why the mother in law bought four packs of the stuff last week.

martpark
25-08-2010, 16:44
http://www.espritlibre.ws/celebrities/photos/311720/buckwheat.jpg

ReallyGreatConcerts
25-08-2010, 18:14
"grechka" - even the name has "rech" in the middle of it ;)

GaNozri
25-08-2010, 18:37
..Last nights news said that a ton of the stuff has already increased 4 fold at the wholesalers and they are holding back to do some nice price gouging. And using the draught and forest fires as an excuse for it. In THIS case i would have nothing against it that the anti Monopoly commission starts working and sends a few guys to Siberia for a stint in Potato peeling.

I had an export contract for lumber on which my supplier renegged, citing forest fires. Would have been ok, force majeure and all......., only, he's located in Arkhangelsk oblast! When I asked him when was the last time they had a forest fire near Arkhangelsk, he shrugged his shoulders and said: "doesn't matter, don't you watch the news, the whole country's on fire." Monopoly commission can't do crap! These vulchures will use any excuse to raise prices. Can't blame them either. I would do the same.

Dolgoprudny Neil
25-08-2010, 21:55
Got a bag of it in the kitchen cupboard. I hate the stuff. Sadly wife and mother in law like it (or do they just tolerate it?)

Anyway a shortage of this shit can only be a good thing. Went out tonight with wife to seek some of it and even here at the Long Ponds there is none to be found anywhere :fireworks:

tvadim133
25-08-2010, 21:55
It seems to me, I have missed the news..... :(

I eat it two times per week at least, due to I am on a diet all the time, and grechka helps me to fell great, but not to gain additional weight, though I can not say I like eating it.... :(

Oh, but I have bought it today without any problems in ALMI, though must say that the usual price was 40 rur, now it is 50 rur.

I guess, there will be shortage of grechka, because suppliers would think about market prices and try to increase prices.

Dolgoprudny Neil
25-08-2010, 22:09
It seems to me, I have missed the news..... :(

I eat it two times per week at least, due to I am on a diet all the time, and grechka helps me to fell great, but not to gain additional weight, though I can not say I like eating it.... :(

Oh, but I have bought it today without any problems in ALMI, though must say that the usual price was 40 rur, now it is 50 rur.

I guess, there will be shortage of grechka, because suppliers would think about market prices and try to increase prices.

I can sell you my bag if you like.... just don't tell my wife

tvadim133
25-08-2010, 22:14
I can sell you my bag if you like.... just don't tell my wife

Thanks!

I have got one bag for this month.... :)

Willy
25-08-2010, 22:21
Got a bag of it in the kitchen cupboard. I hate the stuff. Sadly wife and mother in law like it (or do they just tolerate it?)

Anyway a shortage of this shit can only be a good thing. Went out tonight with wife to seek some of it and even here at the Long Ponds there is none to be found anywhere :fireworks:

I must becoming Russian.

I like it.

Dolgoprudny Neil
25-08-2010, 22:35
I must becoming Russian.

I like it.

If being Russian involves enjoying eating something with all the taste of 10 year old mouldy cardboard then indeed you must be a fully fledged Russian

tvadim133
25-08-2010, 22:40
I must becoming Russian.

I like it.

Good for you (Google translation):

Buckwheat contains:

* 13-15% protein;
* 2,5 -3% fat;
* 2,0-2,5% sugar and 70% starch;
* 1,1-1,3 fiber;
* 2,0-2,2% ash elements.

Calories 100 g buckwheat - 335 kcal.

Buckwheat contains less carbohydrate than other cereals. In this case it is a valuable dietary protein products with high content of amino acids. And most importantly, buckwheat - a rich source of iron. Buckwheat contains large amounts of vitamins and trace elements. Vitamins are contained in buckwheat: B1, B2, B6, PP, P, rutin (a substance having vitamin activity). Chemical substances contained in buckwheat: calcium, phosphorus, iodine, iron salts, oxalic acid. Buckwheat - a complex carbohydrate, which has long been assimilated by the body, giving a long-term saturation.

Preparations from flowers and leaves of buckwheat reduce fragility and permeability of blood vessels, speed the healing of wounds, a beneficial effect in diseases of the upper respiratory tract, scarlet fever, measles, radiation sickness. Such diverse actions buckwheat scientists explain not only the rich chemical composition but great content in leaves and flowers routine, having the R-action to vitamins.

tvadim133
25-08-2010, 22:42
Medicinal properties of buckwheat

But what of buckwheat - in contrast to some other large - there can not be, because it is gluten. So no allergic reaction to this cereal can not be afraid. More than that: the inclusion of a constant diet of buckwheat to eliminate the unfounded fears, nervousness and ensures better mood - delighting us, not only for its taste, but also the ability to raise levels of dopamine (neurohormone that affects the motor activity and motivation).

Also:

Buckwheat has a laxative effect (crumbly porridge).
Buckwheat increases muscle strength, endurance, excites.
Buckwheat strengthens blood vessels.
Buckwheat has beneficial effects on blood (used for anemia, leukemia, recommended in atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, hypertension).
Buckwheat is recommended in violation of metabolic processes in the body, obesity, diabetes mellitus.
Buckwheat lowers "bad" cholesterol in the blood (with regular use). Grechka prescribe for diseases of the pancreas.
Buckwheat is a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
Buckwheat is a good remedy for heartburn (crude cereal chew a pinch);
Buckwheat is used for treatment of weakened lungs - ydalyaet thick phlegm from the bronchial tubes, soothes dry cough (tea from Napara flowers of buckwheat, 40 g per 1 liter of water).
Buckwheat cure leukemia (leukemia) - To prepare this infusion of 1 cup of buckwheat sprouts to 1 liter of boiled water (no drinking rules) or 1 tsp. flower buckwheat brewed as a tea cup of boiling water, insist 30 minutes, filter and drink for 0.25 cups several times a day.
Buckwheat helps with low back pain (cereal soar in the furnace and putting a spin);

xSnoofovich
25-08-2010, 23:22
that is right. this kasha, and most kasha, is super-super healthy ! i like to put a little ketchup or hot sauce, and wow ! i know i got my morning off to a great start....

But what of buckwheat - in contrast to some other large - there can not be, because it is gluten. So no allergic reaction to this cereal can not be afraid. More than that: the inclusion of a constant diet of buckwheat to eliminate the unfounded fears, nervousness and ensures better mood - delighting us, not only for its taste, but also the ability to raise levels of dopamine (neurohormone that affects the motor activity and motivation).

Also:

Buckwheat has beneficial effects on blood (used for anemia, leukemia, recommended in atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, hypertension).
Buckwheat is recommended in violation of metabolic processes in the body, obesity, diabetes mellitus.
Buckwheat lowers "bad" cholesterol in the blood (with regular use). Grechka prescribe for diseases of the pancreas.
Buckwheat is used for treatment of weakened lungs - ydalyaet thick phlegm from the bronchial tubes, soothes dry cough (tea from Napara flowers of buckwheat, 40 g per 1 liter of water).
Buckwheat cure leukemia (leukemia) - To prepare this infusion of 1 cup of buckwheat sprouts to 1 liter of boiled water (no drinking rules) or 1 tsp. flower buckwheat brewed as a tea cup of boiling water, insist 30 minutes, filter and drink for 0.25 cups several times a day.
Buckwheat helps with low back pain (cereal soar in the furnace and putting a spin);

martpark
26-08-2010, 01:18

Also:

There's one big error there probably due to auto translate. Buckwheat is gluten-free! Many gluten free products specifically use it for this reason. I eat it, mostly because I can't process gluten, but I enjoy it in the winter. But I do something sacrilegious....I put raspberry jam in it and eat it like oatmeal. Buckwheat pancakes are da bomb also!

Benedikt
26-08-2010, 06:54
The situation of "no buckwheat" suits me perfectly - I hate it!! It's like boiled lumps of soil.

then for sure it is not cooked the way it is supposed to be and the quality of buckwheat is also of the cheapest sort. normally buckwheat if done correctly, each grain is separated from the other and nothing sticks together. good buckwheat also has a slight nutty flavor and tastes just super.
indeed it is GLUTEN FREE, ONE REASON YO UCAN NOT MAKE BREAD WITH BUCKWHEAT FLOUR. You always must add wheat flour or something else to make buckwheat bread.

Benedikt
26-08-2010, 07:03
If being Russian involves enjoying eating something with all the taste of 10 year old mouldy cardboard then indeed you must be a fully fledged Russian

or whoever prepares your buckwheat. GOOD QUALITY buckwheat has a slight nutty flavor,each grain is separated from the other (one cup buckwheat, one cup water, a little salt and a dollop of butter. let the water,with all the ingredients thrown in together, boil up once, turn down to lowest heat, lid onto the pot. let simmer for 15 minutes,ready. pot must be of heavy variety, no thin bottoms, or the buck wheat will burn. best pot to cook, the thick aluminum 'KAZAN, where the Uzbeks make their Plov.Light and fluffy! i like mine with coffee for breakfast, my wife says i am a heathen, but i grew up with Polenta, we had it 5 times a week when i was a kid.)

Voodoo
26-08-2010, 09:31
....indeed it is GLUTEN FREE, ONE REASON YO UCAN NOT MAKE BREAD WITH BUCKWHEAT FLOUR. You always must add wheat flour or something else to make buckwheat bread.

Really? I didn't know that. One of my favourite breads is the grechishny bread at Volkonsky which is just divine, and now you tell me its actually made out of wheat?

I will go and cry in the corner.

Benedikt
26-08-2010, 11:55
Really? I didn't know that. One of my favourite breads is the grechishny bread at Volkonsky which is just divine, and now you tell me its actually made out of wheat?

I will go and cry in the corner.

no need to cry, it is not made from wheat flour alone, it just has flour ADDED.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/buckwheat_flourLIKE YO

UCAN NOT MAKE BREAD FROM RYE OR WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR ALONE, NEITHER FROM MAIZE FLOUR OR SEMOLINA, you have to add something else that contains gluten. to have something resembling bread as we know and love it. and in this case it is wheat flour.

tasel
26-08-2010, 23:19
The price is already increased in the shops from 22 rubles to 40 rubles.

martpark
27-08-2010, 01:12
no need to cry, it is not made from wheat flour alone, it just has flour ADDED.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/buckwheat_flourLIKE YO

UCAN NOT MAKE BREAD FROM RYE OR WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR ALONE, NEITHER FROM MAIZE FLOUR OR SEMOLINA, you have to add something else that contains gluten. to have something resembling bread as we know and love it. and in this case it is wheat flour.

There are many types of gluten free bread but they aer not exactly like the typical bread. Sometimes they use egg as a binder too.

ReallyGreatConcerts
27-08-2010, 01:16

:iagree:

If you smother the resulting carbohydrate splodge in mayonnaise and tomato ketchup, you can produce something half-edible. Provided you remove the grechka before eating, that is :)

Uncle Pasha
20-09-2010, 13:17
Those with a preconceived "it is like boiled dirt" notion can't be helped. But many just don't follow the procedure. Buckwheat is one of those tricky things that can be totally disgusting or entirely palatable, depending on the preparation method.

Thus my attempt to bring you the light:

Start with the cleanest freshest stuff you can get. Not something that's been sitting in the back of the cupboard since food hoarding hysteria in 1989. Not "cracked buckwheat" (prodel?). Not stuff in plastic bags you put into boiling water.

If you get real cheap stuff check for stones and unshelled kernels! But as of recent cleanliness hasn't been much of a problem in Moscow. In small town and rural stores you may still get buckwheat that you pour out on the table to clean. There are quicker methods of cleaning it but letís stick to the point.

Put buckwheat in a proper pan and heat it to the verge of starting to turn dark. Only cast iron pans qualify as "proper"! Heat your buckwheat till you hear it cracking but no further! DON'T LET IT TURN DARK LET ALONE ACTUALLY BURN! Then add some oil. Sunflower oil will do. It is used here in Russia universally do but I prefer mustard seed oil. Rape seed oil is good too (or best if you donít like oil to add its own flavour to the final bouquet) but it has been a while since I saw it in Moscow. (ANY HINTS WHERE I CAN FIND RAPESEED OIL?) Heat it some more. Mix well. Pre-heating with oil is key to keeping the ready buckwheat from forming a lump our "tyred" friend has been referring to in his usual um.. direct manner.

Add water. About 1.5 to 1. Cover the pan (or pot but I prefer deep pans as being more versatile). Boil slowly. When water is soaked cover the pan with a blanket and let is sit some.

Don't use iodized salt! Sea salt is best. Use well/spring or at least filtered/bottled water. Not from the tap! If you are a food snob, add salt in the middle of the cooking cycle and then some more towards the end, not in the beginning the way most of humanity does. Add less rather than more. More can be added at the table.

Combine buckwheat with fried mushrooms. Preferably a mixture of wild mushrooms. If you've been reading too much on mushroom poisonings, try to get the gray ones (no white) in the store. Or the oyster mushroom (veshenka). Buckwheat also goes well with eggplant. Eggplant and mushrooms, with lots of garlic, and some chopped onion and parsley leaves is great.

DO NOT combine it with "tushenka", the way it is often served in this what-have-I-done-to-deserve-living-here place. Or, God forbid, picked herring, as Iíve seen it done a couple of times! A sure way to turn one away from buckwheat. Another indecent combination is buckwheat with milk. Yuk.

Properly prepared buckwheat is loose (no tendency to form lumps even after it gets cold) and slightly crunchy. Not my favourite but certainly qualifies as human food. But fried with mushrooms it has a chance of getting onto my list of honourÖ

FatAndy
20-09-2010, 13:32
Don't like cats?

You just cook them wrong way... ;)

"grechka" - even the name has "rech" in the middle of it ;)

Ian G
20-09-2010, 14:05
Adding to what Uncle pasha and Benedikt say- Grechka is quite eatable if cooked so that the grains remain separate, slightly al dente. Just add olive oil, soy sauce ( I use kikkoman ) and fresh lemon juice before eating. A strange combination you might think, but very tasty.

Uncle Pasha
20-09-2010, 14:19
No, a classic. Lemon helps against sticking. Same with rice.

Kikkoman is cheapest I think at Indian Spices. At the Vietnamese market in Maryina Rosha you can buy passable sauce for 60-100 roubles for one litre bottle. No MSG, tastes OK, a bit too course and salty to my taste but basically passable, especially considering the price. But stay away from cheap sauces in regular stores!

Speaking of the Vietnamese market, to-fu combines well with buckweat too. 30 roubles ($1) per brick! No less than half a kilo!

Now it is time to get mildly pickled cutes - another component of the buckwheat ensamble. Look for babushkas, usually **outside** the market gates.

Benedikt
20-09-2010, 20:16
and can be found in most stores. but it can happen as with all other, in 'russia' processed oils that they are not de flavored. much better for cooking but you need a good extractor fan indeed. and you must like this unrefined oil. i do, my wife wants to divorce me every time i use it...
MISTRAL brand is the best brand for rice, beans and the like and also for Buckwheat in Russia. definitely cleaned and no sticks and stones.
Price has gone through the roof.
Auchan no buckwheat
Aliya Parusa 80 rubles a kilo
Billa 65 a kilo.
But they have each their own brand and A.P. have a better brand.
When i was a kid in Austria, i was brought up on polenta, from corm/maize.AT LEAST 5X A WEEK FOR BREAKFAST OR LATE NIGHT SIMPLE DINNER.
Polenta from Semolina, very expensive once a month maybe.
And buckwheat. Not the whole grains like in Russia but flour, and also done as Polenta. it was a delicacy for us because real and unadulterated buckwheat flour was expensive.
And we ate it, my grandmother with milk, and i with coffee. Me, I like it with coffee to this day.

mosaikmum
09-12-2010, 00:10
So how are the supplies of buckwheat in Moscow now?

I was in Moscow September and October and ate buckwheat several times - loved it!

Now back in Sydney - there are only 2 - 3 shops (that I know of) where I can buy buckwheat; but sadly, now that I want some....they have all run out! I'm told that Russia has put a ban on the export of buckwheat - because of the drought/fires there is a shortage.
The shops say that they will be getting buckwheat from China - I don't want Chinese buckwheat! :groan:

tvadim133
09-12-2010, 00:19

I was in Moscow September and October and ate buckwheat several times - loved it!

Now back in Sydney - there are only 2 - 3 shops (that I know of) where I can buy buckwheat; but sadly, now that I want some....they have all run out! I'm told that Russia has put a ban on the export of buckwheat - because of the drought/fires there is a shortage.
The shops say that they will be getting buckwheat from China - I don't want Chinese buckwheat! :groan:

It is OK now! I can find it everywhere!

Prices are a bit lower than it was in summer (80 rur).

Last week, I bought another kg for 60 rur (2 USD).

Ruth123
09-12-2010, 00:47

Ohh, i don't know why is it so - its so hard to get in Montenegro too?! I had friends bringing it for me from Russia, as i love it too!
Now that i am on spot, i have it couple of times per week, yummy!!! :D
(If you don't find some other way, lets check the shipping rates and maybe i can send you some from here. ;))

FatAndy
09-12-2010, 11:25
AFAIK, only Russia, Ukraine and Poland grow up buckwheat (maybe Belorussia too, but not much). In nearest shops I have 3-4 offers from different TMs, prices vary 76-96 rub per package - either 0.9 kg (2 pounds imported packaging/weight eq.) or 1 kg (local one).

China... don't know if it's real, but they can...

Unfortunately there is no direct trains from Moscow to Sydney (yet! :D), otherwise it would be quite easy - sack/package with buckwheat to conductor' coupe, some momey to conductor and everything is OK. ;)

SV1973a
09-12-2010, 11:27

The neighbouring company in our office building is trading in cattle food, pig food,...
They confirmed to me that buckwheat is not fit for human consumption !!! It Is not even good enough to give to pigs.
I fully agree with RGC.
Unfortunately my wife prepares buckwheat-kasha quite often, so I have no choice but to eat it (or throw it away if she`s not looking).
She always says that it is very healthy, but I know from early childhood, that if they say it is very healthy, it tastes awfull...

FatAndy
09-12-2010, 12:27
Do these cattle/pig-food traders have any medical/dietological/biological education? :)

How does your wife prepare it? Does she add salt and butter?

The neighbouring company in our office building is trading in cattle food, pig food,...
They confirmed to me that buckwheat is not fit for human consumption !!! It Is not even good enough to give to pigs.
I fully agree with RGC.
Unfortunately my wife prepares buckwheat-kasha quite often, so I have no choice but to eat it (or throw it away if she`s not looking).
She always says that it is very healthy, but I know from early childhood, that if they say it is very healthy, it tastes awfull...

SV1973a
09-12-2010, 12:42
Do these cattle/pig-food traders have any medical/dietological/biological education? :)

Of course they do, as `foreign` specialists, they `confirmed` my opinion that buckwheat is not suitable for human consumption. The `Russian` specialists think it is OK.

How does your wife prepare it? Does she add salt and butter?
Does not matter, because it anyhow does not make it taste any better.
And it also has an awful smell. I can smell it immediately when I open the door of our appartment, and my mood changes. I am stilHowl waiting and trying to gather the courage to throw the buckwheat away, in front of her eyes...
How else can I make her understand : `I DON T LIKE THAT STUFF`

Ruth123
09-12-2010, 12:57
Of course they do, as `foreign` specialists, they `confirmed` my opinion that buckwheat is not suitable for human consumption. The `Russian` specialists think it is OK.

Listen, my mother is a nutritionist, spent half of her career as a chief nutricionist in one of the best/ most known clinics in former Yugoslavia... she thinks pure carbs in any form are unfit for human consumption, your body doesn't really need them and you can and should live basically on lean protein and veggies (some diary eventually)... corn is for cattle, so are potatoes and all the other pure-carb thing you can think of... yet, you know, i don't think couple of buckwheat side-dishes a week will make such a difference to your diet, better cut off white sugars and salt (not to mention other junk.)

SV1973a
09-12-2010, 13:05
Listen, my mother is a nutritionist, spent half of her career as a chief nutricionist in one of the best/ most known clinics in former Yugoslavia... she thinks pure carbs in any form are unfit for human consumption, your body doesn't really need them and you can and should live basically on lean protein and veggies (some diary eventually)... corn is for cattle, so are potatoes and all the other pure-carb thing you can think of... yet, you know, i don't think couple of buckwheat side-dishes a week will make such a difference to your diet, better cut off white sugars and salt (not to mention other junk.)

Nice how you equate buckwheat to other junk...:11158:

FatAndy
09-12-2010, 13:16
Of course foreign specialists know everything better ;)

Well, don't force yourself. Just tell your wife that you like smth else.

Does not matter, because it anyhow does not make it taste any better.
And it also has an awful smell. I can smell it immediately when I open the door of our appartment, and my mood changes. I am stilHowl waiting and trying to gather the courage to throw the buckwheat away, in front of her eyes...
How else can I make her understand : `I DON T LIKE THAT STUFF`

SV1973a
09-12-2010, 13:21
Of course foreign specialists know everything better ;)

Not everything, but about this disgusting buckwheat they certainly do.

Well, don't force yourself. Just tell your wife that you like smth else.

I have told that a million times. Whenever I have the chance, I propogate that I don`t like it. I actually even hate it.
Telling her does not have the desired effect. I am now in the phase of silent resistance.

Ruth123
09-12-2010, 15:32
Nice how you equate buckwheat to other junk...:11158:

I don't.
You don't like buckwheat - don't eat it, its as simple as that, не мороч голову. :doh:

SV1973a
09-12-2010, 15:39
I don't.
You don't like buckwheat - don't eat it, its as simple as that, не мороч голову. :doh:

I have only two options :
- starving of hunger :eek:
- eat the damned stuff :yuk:
Dying of hunger is a very very slow death... :voodoo:

Ruth123
09-12-2010, 15:42

Awww...:( I am sorry. :( But isn't it better than to persuade yourself that its a wonderful, nutritive and above all tasteful food? If you repeat this 20 x in the morning upon waking up and 20x in the evening prior to falling asleep, soon enough you'll be begging for more... buckwheat that is. :focus:

Ian G
09-12-2010, 15:48

There is a third path.
In three words:
Learn To Cook

For example: buy some Polenta, Couscous or Bulghur wheat
All cook quickly (Couscous and Bulghur - just add boiling water, wait 5 minutes then strain). All are delicious. And all are available in Eliseyevsky shop on Tverskaya Street.

FatAndy
09-12-2010, 16:04
:11030:
She doesn't allow you to boil spaghetti or potatoes yourself???
:shame:

SV1973a
09-12-2010, 16:07
:11030:
She doesn't allow you to boil spaghetti or potatoes yourself???
:shame:

She doesn`t. Now stop it or I am gonna cry from pure misery.
And then I start to :11581:

mosaikmum
11-12-2010, 08:59
(If you don't find some other way, lets check the shipping rates and maybe i can send you some from here. ;))

Thanks Ruth...I've bought some! Albeit, from China. I had only been looking in the few stores that sell Russian/Ukrainian goods; then thought about trying a health food store - and there it was! :applause:

Cooked some up last night; turned out very well! I'm happy! :)

tvadim133
11-12-2010, 16:55
Congratulations!

Welcome to the healthy people!