PDA

View Full Version : Processing time for Canadian tourist visa (for Russian)?

mountaineer
10-06-2005, 13:10
Does anyone have any information on this? Yes I know it's iffy, but I would like to know beforehand what kind of lead time I would need.

Thanks folks

Kingwillhe
10-06-2005, 14:14
Took my wife two weeks. Have you gone to the embassy yet?

If you need it I can send you (PM my an address) or post here the list of docs which you need.

mountaineer
10-06-2005, 16:40
Спасиба большой! I had expected more like 2 months.

No, I haven't applied yet as I don't know yet when we'll both be available. Thanks for the attachment, the embassy has the same info on its website.

jules
10-06-2005, 16:45
Better to apply a month in advance, this is their busy season...

Kingwillhe
10-06-2005, 23:39
We applied mid Nov for X-mas + New Years but had all docs beforehand...made the difference.

Sorry about the extraneous form, most posters are lazier than you.

msmmosco
04-07-2005, 01:06
Two weeks lead time should be more than enough, unless you are applying for a multiple entry visa, in which case a month ahead is better in the summer months.

IanGustav
04-07-2005, 21:12
I am in contact with the Visa section of the Canuckistan Embassy weekly through work. It all depends on volume..with holiday months obviously being the toughest. As long as your Russian doesn't have an interest in "dual use technology" or works for the FSB he/she should be fine for 2 weeks processing.

PHolmes
05-07-2005, 06:19
You should ask people in www.canada.ru (http://www.canada.ru) forum.
Good luck on getting a tourist. I heard that Moscow is better than SPB to get a visa. They have to do an interview for an hour. Bring proof and reason that they will comeback. Be prepared to contact your MP to ask for assistance.