PDA

View Full Version : The News Pub's closed!

chunkyhunkymonkey
09-06-2005, 14:08
:cussing:

So, i'm walking along Petrovka about an hour ago, happily minding my own business, basking in the glory of yet another overcast day in Moscow, and also looking forward to my business lunch and salad bar, when i see that it is Zakrit for Remont!

It said it would be opening ckoro, but i don't know how skoro is scoro!

TQ
09-06-2005, 14:28
:but i don't know how skoro is scoro!

soon enough :)

koba65
10-06-2005, 10:55
Interesting - they just did a major remont not too terribly long ago. Anyone know if the M-Bar reopened (owned by the News Pub folks - so is Gogol's)

OutCider
10-06-2005, 11:07
M-bar is up and running, fun jazzy gigs, sort of average food (depends on what one likes, of course), selection of wines limited in funny ways (seem to be always out of certain things off the list) BUT very cosy, since it's not too big, and the music is way nice, esp. Fridays when Mariam&Miraif seem to draw the usuals' crowd... Incidentally, going there today for a b-day party.

---
:vader:

Billie Bob
10-06-2005, 12:35
Wow... hard to believe...

I was at the News Pub two weeks ago, and also at M Bar.

News Pub was up and running fine, and what remont do they need? they refurbished the place 3 years ago, and it seems fine..

unless of course, they have a problem with the TOILET MONSTER :ninja: ... their toilets seem to always have problems..

M Bar, is a jazz club, yes, extremely cozy, but hardly any room to sit around, The place could only sit like 60pp max, and really, jazz bars should be in dungeon like atmospheres, smokie, and trashed..

they have some great jazz gigs too. Atleast that night I was there, a great horn player, and a talented sweek looking russian blonde. I believe his name was Vadim, the guy is Mr Mustle...

The problem with M Bar, the jazz music has to finish I think at 11pm or midnite, dont recall now, and the place empties out quickly...

wine is served in these HUGE wine glasses, and when you get your 100ml of wine, it looks as if it's a joke...

OutCider
10-06-2005, 13:30
jazz bars should be in dungeon like atmospheres, smokie, and trashed..

Yeah, oughta check out BB King then, fits the description perfectly! Albeit it's a Blues bar...

Re: wine - we usually order by the bottle, so no problems with half-empty/half-full glasses :drink:

---
:vader:

10-06-2005, 22:20
Probably the Kremlin property fund needs the space for Trinity Motors.