PDA

View Full Version : Sausages

bari
09-06-2005, 13:42
Hi,
There ia an Englishman who produces "Sausages" in Moscow, Anyone got his contacts?
Plesae PM.
Bari

DPG
09-06-2005, 13:45
Will post here instead of PMing because it's more helpful to others who may need the info...

www.sausage.ru

Try the "newmarket" ones - delicious!

Pobman
09-06-2005, 15:29
very nice they are too... the only ones we have not rated well are the Italian ones, though they tasted much better cold.

Must be time for another pork and sage order... Mmmmmm

equalizer
09-06-2005, 16:24
Will post here instead of PMing because it's more helpful to others who may need the info...

www.sausage.ru

Try the "newmarket" ones - delicious!
apparently there's a new Londoner in town who is setting up a small British shop just up from the British embassy, with all the nice things from back home,he quoted fresh sausages of varying types and mince pies and a selection of products from tescos home meals ,hope he gets it off the ground
my ears to the ground

bari
09-06-2005, 18:00
How can I have a phone number of this Person (The Londoner).
Bari

apparently there's a new Londoner in town who is setting up a small British shop just up from the British embassy, with all the nice things from back home,he quoted fresh sausages of varying types and mince pies and a selection of products from tescos home meals ,hope he gets it off the ground
my ears to the ground

equalizer
09-06-2005, 18:05
How can I have a phone number of this Person (The Londoner).
Bari
when its confirmed i shall be happy to share it with all.

sevan
09-06-2005, 20:23
I actually liked the Italian sausages - though it is the first time I've tried any of the varieties, other than breakfast links, which I also enjoy. I second the pork and sage and newmarket recs too (yes, there are some I don't like)....

equalizer
09-06-2005, 20:55
I actually liked the Italian sausages - though it is the first time I've tried any of the varieties, other than breakfast links, which I also enjoy. I second the pork and sage and newmarket recs too (yes, there are some I don't like)....
i must admit johns sausages are nice and he has excellent product range and considering what the poor guys been through he deserves the support to keep it going

Braders
09-06-2005, 21:05
apparently there's a new Londoner in town who is setting up a small British shop just up from the British embassy, with all the nice things from back home.

Impossible, i would have got a waft of the grub from my flat which is just around the corner, if such a shop opens, you better all be quick, i'll empty it in 1 visit! :D

Braders
09-06-2005, 21:06
Oh and the 'Newmarket' sausage is delicious, and that's from an expert! ;)

kniga
09-06-2005, 22:44
Try John's Extra Hot Italian sausages...he thinks they're very hot, but then he's English. They go great with spaghetti and a little red sauce from Stokmann's.

equalizer
09-06-2005, 22:47
my only gripe is they dont keep to long in the fridge before having to toss them,my marks and sparks ones back home usually stay fresh a bit longer, any tips

Andy B
09-06-2005, 22:48
I was dissappointed by the "hot" italian ones, the spicy lamb ones are nice (not very hot) but very tasty, great with cous cous.

Newmarket are my favourite, followed by pork and leek.

Pobman
09-06-2005, 23:49
I was dissappointed by the "hot" italian ones, the spicy lamb ones are nice (not very hot) but very tasty, great with cous cous.

Newmarket are my favourite, followed by pork and leek.

Yeah we found they did not even have the slightest hint of heat... and had a very odd flavour... but each to his own.

equalizer
10-06-2005, 00:18
Yeah we found they did not even have the slightest hint of heat... and had a very odd flavour... but each to his own.
my russian friends were actually not taken by this dish at all,they preferred good ol style shaslik
i was shocked ,imagine

DPG
10-06-2005, 08:09
my only gripe is they dont keep to long in the fridge before having to toss them,my marks and sparks ones back home usually stay fresh a bit longer, any tips

It's because he doesn't put any stabilisers or preservatives into them - which I suppose is both a blessing (healthier) and a curse (no shelflilfe) all at once...

Has anyone tried the "Andouille" ones?? They sound interesting and I'm curious to hear feedback before ordering some...

kniga
10-06-2005, 10:45
Equalizer,

If you're not planning to eat the sausages within a few days, put them in the freezer. They keep fine and when thawed and cooked taste no different than fresh from my experience.

Andy B
10-06-2005, 10:49
That's exactly what I do. Freeze them on a tray separately (I put them on a layer of cling-flim to stop them sticking), then put them in a bag once frozen.

That way you only have to take out as many as you need rather than defrost a whole block.

koba65
10-06-2005, 10:50
Equalizer,

If you're not planning to eat the sausages within a few days, put them in the freezer. They keep fine and when thawed and cooked taste no different than fresh from my experience.

Ah, sausage, just polished off some Jimmy Dean! (I only post this to coax Johnny Reb out of his hiding place ;) ) I think I'll be fixin up some biscuits and sausage gravy soon...

Pobman
10-06-2005, 11:25
That's exactly what I do. Freeze them on a tray separately (I put them on a layer of cling-flim to stop them sticking), then put them in a bag once frozen.

That way you only have to take out as many as you need rather than defrost a whole block.

I believe a whole block is the amount I normally need :)

Andy B
10-06-2005, 11:27
I believe a whole block is the amount I normally need :)

Fair comment :)

Pobman
10-06-2005, 11:28
my russian friends were actually not taken by this dish at all,they preferred good ol style shaslik
i was shocked ,imagine

I have found the sage ones go down well with most Russians...

Wanted to try the apple and chicken ones, but everytime I order them I get sent something else instead....

Andy B
10-06-2005, 11:31
They weren't bad. My missus loved them (she loves apples). I did them with creamy mash and braised red cabbage (with apple and cider)... yummy

sevan
10-06-2005, 12:39
I also freeze them - but I like the idea of separating them first - i've jammed my fingers countless times trying to break apart a frozen block of sausages.

I'll have to ask for thos extra hot Italian sausages. I also didn't find the plain old "hot" to have much kick. I cut 'em up and cooked them on a frozen pizza.

Billie Bob
10-06-2005, 12:42
The sausages have improved now.

they used to mulch the meat, and now its grinded, rough cut, so the italian sausages are fine.

ordered a batch of the andoluille (spl?) and planning on having it this wekeend, though they came frozen already.

they need a good slogan... Warrens sausages sounds err...
they have an easy webpage address...
www.sausages.ru

I wouldnt advertise Johns phone... (admns suggest correcting it)

boscoe
10-06-2005, 15:22

Done

equalizer
10-06-2005, 15:54
does he deliver or do you have to collect,i mean i cant be arsed driving in to get them

boscoe
10-06-2005, 16:37
He will deliver

Billie Bob
10-06-2005, 18:32
I dont think personally John will deliver, he does have drivers-couriers, unless of course, you are a cute russian chique.. John will then show his sausage :)

Pobman
10-06-2005, 19:46
The sausages have improved now.

they used to mulch the meat, and now its grinded, rough cut, so the italian sausages are fine.

ordered a batch of the andoluille (spl?) and planning on having it this wekeend, though they came frozen already.

they need a good slogan... Warrens sausages sounds err...
they have an easy webpage address...
www.sausages.ru (http://www.sausages.ru/)

The name may be one thing, but try explaining to a Russian why there is a picture of a dog on the packet ....

trebor
10-06-2005, 20:25
............ordered a batch of the andoluille (spl?) and planning on having it this wekeend............

Don't want to spoil your weekend Billie Bob but the traditional andouille is made from tripe or animal intestines. definately an aquired taste.
That's not a wind up, that's the truth.

Oh yeah, the part about not wanting to spoil your weekend?.........................that's a lie! :)

NickR
10-06-2005, 21:14
Lads and lasses, that's the number he advertises in Passport etc.

I wouldn't have put it here otherwise !

bari
11-06-2005, 13:21
Thanks for all the answers. But it did not help me at all. I need to talk to that person (Englishman or Londoner) and will have to fix a meeting to buy his products. I can Give a little hint, His interview was published on the "Passport" magazine a few months ago. I sent a mail to the address given on the WWW.sausages.ru site but no one answered me back.

Please send a PM if anyone has any information about that person.
Thanks,
Bari

NickR
11-06-2005, 13:29
I've PM'd you his mobile number as it was deleted from here.

gregs
11-06-2005, 13:43
Thanks for all the answers. But it did not help me at all. I need to talk to that person (Englishman or Londoner) and will have to fix a meeting to buy his products. I can Give a little hint, His interview was published on the "Passport" magazine a few months ago. I sent a mail to the address given on the WWW.sausages.ru site but no one answered me back.

Please send a PM if anyone has any information about that person.
Thanks,
Bari

Are you the sausage police - I think we should be told :)

kniga
11-06-2005, 13:49
bari,

Here's the information John posted a while back. This should reach him. I met him at a cafe just two days ago, so I know he's still in business:

John Warren
Flat 135, Entrance 10
6, Ulitsa Fadeeva
MOSCOW
Russia
Tel: +7 (095) 250 8032
Mob: +7 926 235 3715
sausages@comtv.ru
info@sausages.ru
jwarren@comtv.ru
www.sausages.ru

bari
11-06-2005, 15:08
Thanks everyone,
Kinga and Nick really helped with the right information.
Thank you Kinga.
Thank you Nick

bari,

Here's the information John posted a while back. This should reach him. I met him at a cafe just two days ago, so I know he's still in business:

John Warren
Flat 135, Entrance 10
6, Ulitsa Fadeeva
MOSCOW
Russia
Tel: +7 (095) 250 8032
Mob: +7 926 235 3715
sausages@comtv.ru
info@sausages.ru
jwarren@comtv.ru
www.sausages.ru

cunninglinguist
11-06-2005, 16:24
Whats more, I believe that many of the Warren wonders will be available at various grills and barbeques over the course of the summer. Knowing what a crowd draw Warren's sausages are, I am sure the organisers of such events would make this fact well known!

I personally am looking forward to a tasty summer full of sizziling sausages!

Ever,

Cunning :verycool: