PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

Kingwillhe
09-06-2005, 00:31
I have managed to get the hell out of Moscow on a daily basis over the last month and much as I like the town, it is a breath of fresh air!

Sort of. Stolbovaja area. Industrial.

But the people are more laid back and the scenery a little greener. I take what I can get! Donít know how long Iíll last on that Simferopol motor road tho. GAI are like flies on s**t.

Rusty
10-06-2005, 03:46
I only visit and pass through Moscow. I like "big cities" for entertainment, but to live in one too long (stress). :cool:

druna
10-06-2005, 08:47
I only visit and pass through Moscow. I like "big cities" for entertainment, but to live in one too long (stress). :cool:

I live in this city for the most of my life (with a break for the army service and some other breaks when I lived in some other big cities of the world).
Buy you a place in the right green area, be more relaxed, sometimes don't be too serious :) :) And there won't be so much stress. :verycool:

Rusty
10-06-2005, 09:06
Astrakhan is big enough, I was born in Detroit (about Moscow size), and worked in NY a few years, ands LA a year. Just like a more laid back attitude of smaller (500k+) cities.
I will say I enjoyed my visits to Moscow so far :)

Kingwillhe
10-06-2005, 09:51
For me it was an opportunity to follow up on the oft mentioned ďget out of Moscow and see the real RussiaĒ! Well, I didnít get far, but far enough to have some interesting conversations with the locals and modify my viewpoint, an ongoing process.

It also turns out that I have access to a family Dacha in the area so with a 2 Ĺ hr train ride from Belorusskaya; I can be in cottage country. I hope there is some fishing there!! No horses tho. What kind of people donít keep horses?

Rusty
10-06-2005, 10:49
Yes I loved going to some summer garden cottages, around here (the delta for the Volga), hard to find a spot you can't fish :)

I also like horses, but have not been at a farm/ranch where I could ride any. As close as I get are to the houses near me fishing (cooling off by the water).

:verycool: