PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Terrier

Random
08-06-2005, 16:21
OK the love of my life - i.e. 'er indoors wants a rat on a lead ...no doubt I'll have to cough up for the LV bag that she will need to carry the dam thing around in as well

So here's the question - import said pooch or buy local ?

If local anyone know a good breeder of said canine - I don't want something from a puppy farm etc etc

Also anybody any idea how much they cost ?

Its only a hop and a skip from pointy shoes I fear ...

Lled
08-06-2005, 16:23
You sure she wouldn't be just as happy with a new ironing board?

moondance
08-06-2005, 16:26
Random,

I have seen prices for Yorkies here starting from 650$ & up

google for yorkies sold in Moscow and you will find many for sale, but as I said, they are not cheap. Small dogs have become very fashionable in Moscow now

Random
08-06-2005, 16:26
You sure she wouldn't be just as happy with a new ironing board?

No tried that ...as she has got older she's gotten wiser ...

Pobman
08-06-2005, 16:35
Take a look at a Moscow Toy Terrier as well ... very cute and good for apartments, its a really small dog... seem a bit rarer outside of Russia (FSU), but easy to find here. PM me if you want the number of the breeder I got my one from (sure I have it somewhere!)

Need to take care when walking, as its liable to become another dogs dinner...

see

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/moscowtoyterrier.htm

for info.

Random
08-06-2005, 16:41
Take a look at a Moscow Toy Terrier as well ... very cute and good for apartments, its a really small dog... seem a bit rarer outside of Russia (FSU), but easy to find here. PM me if you want the number of the breeder I got my one from (sure I have it somewhere!)

Need to take care when walking, as its liable to become another dogs dinner...

see

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/moscowtoyterrier.htm

for info.

Interesting - but at the mo her heart seems set on a Yorkie - prob a fashion thing as mentioned ...

Remember kids a dog is not just for Xmas day ...etcetra

equalizer
08-06-2005, 17:30
OK the love of my life - i.e. 'er indoors wants a rat on a lead ...no doubt I'll have to cough up for the LV bag that she will need to carry the dam thing around in as well

So here's the question - import said pooch or buy local ?

If local anyone know a good breeder of said canine - I don't want something from a puppy farm etc etc

Also anybody any idea how much they cost ?

Its only a hop and a skip from pointy shoes I fear ...
buy a rottweiler ,they are the most loving loyal dogs and as pups they are the cutest dogs around, however your Mrs may not look so cool dragging the dog around in the lv travel trunk,it may look a little out of place and will be a killer trying to get space in some cool cafes

Random
08-06-2005, 17:37
buy a rottweiler ,they are the most loving loyal dogs and as pups they are the cutest dogs around, however your Mrs may not look so cool dragging the dog around in the lv travel trunk,it may look a little out of place and will be a killer trying to get space in some cool cafes

I would imagine that if one pottered into Vogue Cafe - snarling rotty on a lead then one would get a seat pronto !!

Alas I don't like rottweilers - never have done never will do - I'd rather have a ridgeback or a blue heeler ....

equalizer
08-06-2005, 17:39
I would imagine that if one pottered into Vogue Cafe - snarling rotty on a lead then one would get a seat pronto !!

Alas I don't like rottweilers - never have done never will do - I'd rather have a ridgeback or a blue heeler ....
i wasnt taking about a lead ,put him in a LV trunk it should be big enough and cut a hole for his head in the top,i would also opt for the model with wheels

Lled
08-06-2005, 17:40

Mate, you potter into Vogue Cafe in your mint green braces and matching tie you'll get a table every time.

equalizer
08-06-2005, 17:42
Mate, you potter into Vogue Cafe in your mint green braces and matching tie you'll get a table every time.
dont forget bowler hat and burberry umbrella

Lled
08-06-2005, 17:43

Burberry - way too chav for Random.

Random
08-06-2005, 17:44

Bowler hat I got - but never ever a Burberry umbrella - way to chav ....

Umbrellas come from Swaine Aidney & Brigg or FOX if your in the city - anywhere else is NOCD ....

Random
08-06-2005, 17:45

Harsh mate - very harsh - anyways spooky but true - todays brace of choice is green with yellow & blue check - thus clashing wonderfully with the pink and blue shirt I'm sporting ...

:)

Lled
08-06-2005, 17:46
Equalizer, before you ask:

NOCD = Not Our Class Dear.

Lled
08-06-2005, 17:48
Harsh mate - very harsh - anyways spooky but true - todays brace of choice is green with yellow & blue check - thus clashing wonderfully with the pink and blue shirt I'm sporting ...

:)

Splendid.

Why don't the average Europeans understand? They never did get why I would come into the hotel in Montreux sporting a pink and blue Prince of Wales shirt with a polka dot tie.

Random
08-06-2005, 17:48
Burberry - way too chav for Random.

Indeed - though pondered picking up a Burberry Macintosh the other day - though against it after a quick visit to the shop on Regents Street - It was like one had died and gone to Romford ..

Random
08-06-2005, 17:59
Splendid.

Why don't the average Europeans understand? They never did get why I would come into the hotel in Montreux sporting a pink and blue Prince of Wales shirt with a polka dot tie.

Sounds most resplendant ...

equalizer
08-06-2005, 18:11
anyway back to the point ,have you tried the dog market,dont be put off i got the most beautiful rotty there and the are lots of choices

Random
08-06-2005, 18:15
anyway back to the point ,have you tried the dog market,dont be put off i got the most beautiful rotty there and the are lots of choices

Coming back on point - odd but true ...

Yahoo'd Yorkie pups for sale moscow - up popped a thread on this very site from Ghost 6-3 selling aforementioned yappers last year - a swift exchange of PM's and Ghost 6-3 might be able to sell me a newspaper wetter in the next few weeks and at a sensible price I might add - job done

Lled
08-06-2005, 18:15

My girlfriend got rotty once too and I had to have her put down.

Random
08-06-2005, 18:21

A man takes his Rottweiler to the vet. 'My dog's cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him? ' 'Well,' says the vet, 'let's have a look at him' So he picks the dog up and examines his eyes, then checks his teeth. Finally, he says 'I'm going to have to put him down.' 'What? Because he's cross-eyed? ' 'No, because he's really heavy'

"I bought a greyhound about a month ago. A friend of mine said to me "what are you gonna do with it" I said "I'm gonna race it" he said "by the look of it, I think you'll beat it."

equalizer
08-06-2005, 19:50
which one

sorry had to ask