PDA

View Full Version : Are you smoking and why are you doing it?

Inga_Moscow
05-06-2005, 21:40
I decided to discuss this question: are you smoking and why?

Everybody knows that smoking is very harmful for one's health, and it harmful for the surrounding people...
I would never kiss a guy who just smoked a sigarette!

TQ
05-06-2005, 21:44

just wait for a few minutes then try again:) :D

Inga_Moscow
05-06-2005, 21:51
Tequila, does that mean that you're smoking yourself or just prefer to kiss smokers :D ?

Legally Blonde
05-06-2005, 21:57

Everybody knows that smoking is very harmful for one's health, and it harmful for the surrounding people...
I would never kiss a guy who just smoked a cigarette!

Yes i smoke . :) :verycool:

Smoking helps you to keep away from Tuberculosis. :inlove:

Didnt you read that some where????????????????????????? :rolleyes:

Smoking gives Nicotine which helps in many ways :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Actually i started smoking just for fun and i still do it.

Every thing in the world is injurious to health.

Alcohol, Cocacola, Pepsi and drinks like that they can cause cancer.

Scientists dicovered that the eggs (normal hens egg) can also cause cancer.

Sunlight can cause cancer.

Life is highly UNFAIR. I live my life today.

I'm not quitting. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Nice question though.

For got to say. I'm not a guy. And seriously i dont want to kiss you.

Guess problem solved.

Bravo inga KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trebor
05-06-2005, 22:09
..........Smoking gives Nicotine which helps in many ways :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:......................

Okay! :rolleyes:
and Vodka is good for the digestion, headache, muscle spasms, backpain, sore throat, piles, and warding off evil spirits............ right? :D

TQ
05-06-2005, 22:12
deleted by tq

veejay
05-06-2005, 22:58
Smoking helps you to keep away from Tuberculosis. :inlove:

this was a joke, no?

Legally Blonde
05-06-2005, 23:02
Its true. I read it some where to demonstrate how bad is smoke. In presence of smoke even Mycobacterium tuberculosis cannot live.

So in a optimistic way, tuberculosis will not affect smokers.

Inga_Moscow
05-06-2005, 23:16
[QUOTE=Legally Blonde]In presence of smoke even Mycobacterium tuberculosis cannot live.

I like this "even" ramark :D :D :D

doogiecb
05-06-2005, 23:19

My thoughts (for what its worth) .... most things that are fun are bad for you, but cigarrettes are known to cut your life short, they make your clothes stink, and bad breath ......... these last 2 things I could live with, but if I fell in love with a girl woudl I want to spend as much of our lives together as possible .... longer lives are more likely to happen with a non-smoking girl.

trebor
05-06-2005, 23:27
....................... longer lives are more likely to happen with a non-smoking girl.

Ah ha!
But not of course if she was susceptable to Mycobacterium tuberculosis! :)

Chubby Hubby
05-06-2005, 23:27
Cigarettes are a terrible habit, but the anti-smoking advertizing campaign they have in the US and cigarette bans give you the impression that every time you light up, you become a renegade champion of personal liberty and individual freedom.

doogiecb
05-06-2005, 23:29
Ah ha!
But not of course if she was susceptable to Mycobacterium tuberculosis! :)

lol.....gees, there is a catch to everything in life .... I guy just can't win...lol!!!!

trebor
05-06-2005, 23:36
lol.....gees, there is a catch to everything in life .... I guy just can't win...lol!!!!

Couldn't agree with you more doogiecb.
I'm a heavy vodka drinker myself and therefore i have no reason to believe i will depart this life due to a cronic attack of the "farmer Giles" ! :)

doogiecb
05-06-2005, 23:57
lol, we all have our vices .... and if we don't we need atleast one. I recall the story of some health expert in america during the 70's who didn't smoke or drink and only ate healthy foods. Well, when he was in his 40's (in much better shape than most people his age) he went jogging, got hit by a car and died. The moral of the story is to enjoy life as much as you can .... don't judge others for their lifestyle because they may actually live longer than you.

koba65
05-06-2005, 23:59
Its true. I read it some where to demonstrate how bad is smoke. In presence of smoke even Mycobacterium tuberculosis cannot live.

Uvazhaemaya Blondinka v zakone,

If that is "true" explain to me please the high-rate of TB in the prisons where just about everyone smokes...

Legally Blonde
06-06-2005, 00:05
Uvazhaemaya Blondinka v zakone,

If that is "true" explain to me please the high-rate of TB in the prisons where just about everyone smokes...

Guess Being a blonde, I dont have that much "BRAINS" to explain that. I just know that I read in a magazine this thats it. Do the research yourself.

BTW, Doctors say that vaccines can prevent diseases, but still we have diseases, right????????????? :rolleyes:

TQ
06-06-2005, 00:14
If that is "true" explain to me please the high-rate of TB in the prisons where just about everyone smokes...[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know of how TB is typically transmitted? :bookworm:

koba65
06-06-2005, 00:15
Guess Being a blonde, I dont have that much "BRAINS" to explain that. I just know that I read in a magazine this thats it. Do the research yourself.

BTW, Doctors say that vaccines can prevent diseases, but still we have diseases, right????????????? :rolleyes:

Oi yoi yoi!!! Do you know what junk science is? You've just quoted it. A quick search about smoking (and I'm a smoker) shows the following quackery:

Smoking prevents TB (because of nicotine - if that's the case, why not treat TB users with nicotine gum or patches?)

Smoking prevents Breast Cancer

Smoking prevents rare forms of skin cancer

Smoking (t.e., nicotine) reduces the chances of Downs Syndrom in infants (all right all you pregnant women light up!)

Parkinsons and Alzheimers is more prevelant in non-smokers... All junk science.

PS - I didn't say anything about your hair color and brains.

PPS - Doctors say vaccines can PREVENT not eliminate diseases. People who are innoculated against certain diseases are far less likely than those who are not innoculated to contract said diseases. That's why it's call preventive medicine.

koba65
06-06-2005, 00:18

Does anybody know of how TB is typically transmitted? :bookworm:[/QUOTE]

"TB is spread through the air from one person to another. The bacteria are put into the air when a person with TB disease of the lungs or throat coughs or sneezes. Laughing, singing, or playing brass or wooden instruments can also spread the germs in an enclosed space. People nearby may breathe in these bacteria and become infected.

When a person breathes in TB bacteria, the bacteria can settle in the lungs and begin to grow. From there, they move through the blood to other parts of the body, such as the kidney, spine, and brain.

TB in the lungs or throat can be infectious. This means that the bacteria can be spread to other people. TB in other parts of the body, such as the kidney or spine, is usually not infectious.

People with TB disease are most likely to spread it to people they spend time with every day. This includes family members, friends, and coworkers."

Another good reason not to ride the metro!

TQ
06-06-2005, 00:23
People with TB disease are most likely to spread it to people they spend time with every day. This includes family members, friends, and coworkers."

Another good reason not to ride the metro![/QUOTE]

Right, and a good reason to quit the job

just in case :D

koba65
06-06-2005, 00:24

Right, and a good reason to quit the job

just in case :D[/QUOTE]

That's why my dream is to be an otshelnik!

trebor
06-06-2005, 00:25
Guess Being a blonde, I dont have that much "BRAINS" to explain that.................

Being blonde still shouldn't stop you grasping this one:
There's a permanant cure for all diseases..................................its called death! :)

Nightbird
06-06-2005, 01:23
i've been smoking since i was 13... i tried to give up many times but always return to this bad habbit...

i see tea for smokers who want to give up in drugstores... who tried it? tell me about it, if it helps or not.

Legally Blonde
06-06-2005, 01:33
"TB is spread through the air from one person to another. The bacteria are put into the air when a person with TB disease of the lungs or throat coughs or sneezes. Laughing, singing, or playing brass or wooden instruments can also spread the germs in an enclosed space. People nearby may breathe in these bacteria and become infected.

When a person breathes in TB bacteria, the bacteria can settle in the lungs and begin to grow. From there, they move through the blood to other parts of the body, such as the kidney, spine, and brain.

TB in the lungs or throat can be infectious. This means that the bacteria can be spread to other people. TB in other parts of the body, such as the kidney or spine, is usually not infectious.

But then, if your immune system is good and you are vaccinated, 99% probability for you to get infected but not get the disease.

If you want more clearer picture, PM me.

nathan_sundar
06-06-2005, 02:35
But then, if your immune system is good and you are vaccinated, 99% probability for you to get infected but not get the disease.

Nah Pm me i'll explain. I'm a doctor.
By the way I just managed to get in here.
I have my exams soon. No time to come here. Any way nothing much happening in here in weekend.

Sorry inga to deviate from your thread.

I smoke. But only rarely and That is wen i drink alcohol. I drink alcohol only when i'm happy or sad. I'm sad when i come back from college and happy when i didin go to college at all. So its like 1 packet of ciggarete almost every day except saturdays and sundays when i study. I think You get the picture clear now. I smoke for fun.

Any body have a problem with that????????

Legally Blonde
06-06-2005, 03:22
NS, yes, doctor, I think, it would be better to discuss about that (and its not all) in private :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

BTW tell the truth you really a doctor?:rolleyes:

The last time you Pmed that you are a med student didnt you? Guess being a student doesn't mean that you are a doctor. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

koba65
06-06-2005, 07:40

What happens when you are innoculated is you receive a weak dose of the disease (sometimes a synthetic version of the disease) you're being vaccinated for. Your body then builds up immunities against the disease which allows your cells to recognize and fight off future attacks by the same disease.

One of the reasons TB has become harder to treat/cure is a lot of people (particulary in Russia where there is a very nasty strain of TB) do not completely finish the "kurs lecheniya". This allows the disease (virus) to get stronger and figure out a way around your body's natural defenses.

Halyavshik
06-06-2005, 07:48
What happens when you are innoculated is you receive a weak dose of the disease (sometimes a synthetic version of the disease) you're being vaccinated for. Your body then builds up immunities against the disease which allows your cells to recognize and fight off future attacks by the same disease.

One of the reasons TB has become harder to treat/cure is a lot of people (particulary in Russia where there is a very nasty strain of TB) do not completely finish the "kurs lecheniya". This allows the disease (virus) to get stronger and figure out a way around your body's natural defenses.

Kobster,

Legally Blond must surely also be a med student and know this. I hope this wasn't news to him, oops, I mean, her.

druna
06-06-2005, 08:48
I quit several years ago and really happy about it :)

Lled
06-06-2005, 09:14
I drink alcohol only when i'm happy or sad.

To me that pretty much covers every day of the week. I'd conclude you have a drinking problem. Diagnosis correct?

kniga
06-06-2005, 10:10
Just an observation and not a rabid anti-smoking screed, but smoking is most often a manifestation of teenagers wanting to be "cool" that turns into a habit because nicotine is addictive. Smokers find all kinds of reasons/excuses for smoking, but the main reason is pleasure/addiction and no one wants to admit to having the monkey on his/her back. The cumulative long term bad effects of smoking are obvious to all but the purposefully blind to the obvious ("I had an uncle who smoked all his life and lived to be 98." -- there are always handy exceptions to use for supporting arguments for destructive behavior). There is the defiance of youth and the often not so young against other constraints in life that perpetuates smoking along with the "I'm too beautiful to study" justification for other hedonistic behavior. A societal problem with smoking is that it often affects others who do not smoke, e.g., in restaurants or elevators (in the latter case I always politely tell someone who attempts to enter the elevator with a lit cigarette that either he or the cigarette, but not both, can ride with me and usually watch the doors close in the face of the astonished and admonished thoughtless smoker :-)). In the long run, smoking is a personal decision that the smoker will always make based on the size of the monkey, the cost in money, the state of his health and his need for defiance of authority trying to tell him to stop smoking.

My authority for these pronouncements: I used to smoke three and half packs a day myself until reason overcame desire and I quit cold turkey.

Legally Blonde
06-06-2005, 10:19
Kobster,

Legally Blond must surely also be a med student and know this. I hope this wasn't news to him, oops, I mean, her.

I'm not a medico. I study Psychology. :respect:

Inga_Moscow
06-06-2005, 10:24
seems to be not that bad ... :verycool:
We still have the chance to servive :agree: :hooray:

Judge
06-06-2005, 10:54
I smoke because it helps me to relax,best time to smoke for me is just after a meal.It's one of the main reasons i like Moscow cos cigs are cheap and you can smoke anywhere more or less here.I heard people in LA start coughing at you if you light up anywhere there.

Olga Ten
06-06-2005, 11:52
i don't smoke:) don't know why

Inga_Moscow
06-06-2005, 12:01
Actually I don't smoke just because I don't want to :verycool:

Life is really dangerous itself in many ways, so smoking is just an option, which you can choose or not... :)

Cherry

i don't smoke either.... got some other baaaaad habits :rolleyes: :)

Judge

Try it you don't know what your missing :vader: the dark side is more fun then the light side..

Lady Marmalade
06-06-2005, 12:10
i've been smoking since i was 13... i tried to give up many times but always return to this bad habbit...

i see tea for smokers who want to give up in drugstores... who tried it? tell me about it, if it helps or not.

Forget the tea, it's probably a gimic and you'd be just as well off with a good cup of chamomille to calm your nerves. I'm convinced they don't really want people to quit smoking in Russia as only the nicotine gum seems to be readily available. I have yet to see Nicotine patches in Russia and certainly no Zyban or it's counterpart Wellbutrin. The hardest thing about quitting is the fact that, in long term smokers, our pleasure centres have learned to affiliate nicotine with, I guess the best way to put it is, happiness. When we smoke, our brains tend to release dopamine :p allowing for that happy rush we experience and nicotine also plays with your norepinephrine levels, hence the absolute agitation and irritability :grind: you feel when you go without a smoke for too long. No cigarettes, no happy? That's a pretty scary correlation, however only true in some people. I failed quitting the first time miserably. However, when I was in North America last, I got the 10 to 12 week supply of Zyban and used that system in conjunction with the nicotine patch. Far less painful than expected. However, I still miss cigarettes everyday, I stare at people smoking with great longing and I have been known to follow along behind smokers on the street breathing in that second hand smoke as a cheap imitation of the real thing. :smokin: For the first three months after I quit I practically had to lock myself in the house and sit on my hands so I wouldn't be tempted the second I had a beer and was hanging out with friends, which has probably been the most difficult part to conquer. These days, well, I still miss them, at the least the idea of what they represent to me, but I am not unhappy about the decision to quit either. For a really interesting and scary look at addiction as per cigarettes, take a peaky at Malcolm Gladwell's "The Tipping Point", chapter 7 for a fascinating insight into alcohol, depression, and cigarettes and why quitting for some people is just so difficult. :respect:

Lled
06-06-2005, 12:14
Faritova, just noticed your location. :) funny gal.

Re smoking, I stopped one day to the next last year. Was a packet a day person.

It is not difficult.

1. The physical withdrawal is a minor detail and lasts up to 4 days (occasional pins and needles and cold hands)

2. The mental addiction needs attention and strong will, that's all.

There's no real excuse to smoke. I stopped because I thought it looked stupid. I still look stupid but in a different way...

Nicole
06-06-2005, 12:17
Just an observation and not a rabid anti-smoking screed, but smoking is most often a manifestation of teenagers wanting to be "cool" that turns into a habit because nicotine is addictive. Smokers find all kinds of reasons/excuses for smoking, but the main reason is pleasure/addiction and no one wants to admit to having the monkey on his/her back. The cumulative long term bad effects of smoking are obvious to all but the purposefully blind to the obvious ("I had an uncle who smoked all his life and lived to be 98." -- there are always handy exceptions to use for supporting arguments for destructive behavior). There is the defiance of youth and the often not so young against other constraints in life that perpetuates smoking along with the "I'm too beautiful to study" justification for other hedonistic behavior. A societal problem with smoking is that it often affects others who do not smoke, e.g., in restaurants or elevators (in the latter case I always politely tell someone who attempts to enter the elevator with a lit cigarette that either he or the cigarette, but not both, can ride with me and usually watch the doors close in the face of the astonished and admonished thoughtless smoker :-)). In the long run, smoking is a personal decision that the smoker will always make based on the size of the monkey, the cost in money, the state of his health and his need for defiance of authority trying to tell him to stop smoking.

My authority for these pronouncements: I used to smoke three and half packs a day myself until reason overcame desire and I quit cold turkey.
So true.
I don't smoke and never did. neither do I go to pubs very often, but
I'm so glad they banned smoking in some pubs, so people don't have to breath in someone else's smoke. The smokers would say it's their right to smoke, and it's fair enough, but if they want to harm themselves, he thing is that even outside, let alone in the closed spaces, the non-smokers get affected, and I'm not even talking about stinking clothes, which is pretty disgusting as well.

DPG
06-06-2005, 12:45
That's why my dream is to be an otshelnik!

Mine too!

Unfortunately, I had envisaged living the life on a deserted island...got drunk the night I left London, took a wrong turn on the way to "tropical island number 4" on "unnamed reef number 9" and ended up in Moscow!!

Olga Ten
06-06-2005, 13:03
i don't smoke either.... got some other baaaaad habits :rolleyes: :)

some others? what exactly?:)

Olga Ten
06-06-2005, 13:04
Try it you don't know what your missing :vader: the dark side is more fun then the light side..

and who said that I never tried?;)
it's not needed for me as many other things that I tried.

Cherry
06-06-2005, 13:04
some others? what exactly?:)

Olga... there might be kids reading:)

veejay
06-06-2005, 18:01

funny...i know smokers who have TB...would love to see a reference for this if you have one somewhere...

international experts from WHO would i'm sure be just as interested in seeing this....

DPG
06-06-2005, 18:06
international experts from WHO would i'm sure be just as interested in seeing this....

As would the marketing department at B.A.T.!;)

Sobranie
06-06-2005, 18:11
I can totaly promis you. smoking does not cure, prevent TB. F^&% I smoke dam

veejay
06-06-2005, 18:16
I can totaly promis you. smoking does not cure, prevent TB. F^&% I smoke dam
completely agree with you re: curative / preventative powers of smoking in relation to TB...

veejay
06-06-2005, 18:17
As would the marketing department at B.A.T.!;)
tee hee...not to mention RJ Reynolds, Phillip Morris and a few others, eh? :verycool:

Sobranie
06-06-2005, 18:19
did you hear the zimbabwin report that said smoking cures aids and pubic crabs hahaha

veejay
06-06-2005, 18:25
jeez...nothing surprises me anymore...been working in the HIV/AIDS industry here for a few years, and it is a bit...er...shocking to say the least...although zimbabwe is certainly a bit more or similarly disturbing...sigh....

Sobranie
06-06-2005, 18:27
i fined it extreamly horrifying the way it is speading in Moscow alone. Its starting to Morror the African growth pattern. I way be miss lead but Moscow and Russia has a very big problem with aids and seems to be trying to hide it

veejay
06-06-2005, 18:30
try -- fasting growing epidemic in the history of the pandemic...and this has been the case of the past couple of years....nothing in africa comes close to the growth rates in RF, Ukraine and CAR...frightening...and no, sadly you are not mislead...the govt here has taken very little action, and devoted a pittance of resources to HIV/AIDS...yet, they are more concerned with the low birth rate and view that as the single largest health threat / problem...sigh....

Sobranie
06-06-2005, 18:34
I am actually a doctor in Moscow (i was just stupid and didnt realise my name would be my signituer) I was given a document that stated between Jan-5 and March o5 80,000 cases were reported in moscow alone. This seems F*&^% scary. If you are in the industary.... is there any sign of it slowing and at lease staying level?

veejay
06-06-2005, 18:35
check your PM...Dr. Lamont

Sobranie
06-06-2005, 18:35
and thats just the reported cases. It takes time to manifest. Ok im smoking more now

veejay
06-06-2005, 18:40
and thats just the reported cases. It takes time to manifest. Ok im smoking more now
indeed....

so it's registered cases, and just for Moscow? What's the source? it is a bit high, but no farfetched...

as yet, there does not seem to be any slowing in the growth rate, but this is more an artifact of how many people are tested, rather than how many people are newly infected. testing policies and legislation at times and more often than not actually help to deter people from getting tested. fewer tests taking place nowadays, but a greater proportion are testing positive...

it's not a pretty picture here...and the future does not look at all bright...:(

Sobranie
06-06-2005, 18:45
north poles safe. i think. the entier isses scares the shit out of me. the french have come up with some excellent results in posible cures but its 8 to 10 years away from the market.

Sobranie
06-06-2005, 18:46
i think you have a very difficult uphill job

veejay
06-06-2005, 19:26
north poles safe. i think. the entier isses scares the shit out of me. the french have come up with some excellent results in posible cures but its 8 to 10 years away from the market.
dunno...think we are much further away than that on a cure, let alone vaccine or better treatment. at the internat'l aids conference last year, projections were bleak...to say the least. 15 years from a vaccine that works on one type of HIV...

prevention saves lives, treatment for those who need it saves lives as well...and improves the standard of living for those already infected. more than anything, however, is compassion...it goes such a long, long way in helping those affected by HIV/AIDS...

sorry for hijacking this thread...but...what can i say...?

koba65
07-06-2005, 05:23
dunno...think we are much further away than that on a cure, let alone vaccine or better treatment. at the internat'l aids conference last year, projections were bleak...to say the least. 15 years from a vaccine that works on one type of HIV...

I've always been interested in such projections - 15 years from a vaccine, 10 years, etc. How do they come up with the numbers? (type slowly so I can understand the explanation!!)

BrianPBG
07-06-2005, 08:25
Well technically I don't smoke, when you are talking about cigs, but if you reference something else that is smoked, well nothing is better after a hard days work, then a bottle of vodka and a j-bone. Puff Puff Pass Ewok

veejay
07-06-2005, 16:45
I've always been interested in such projections - 15 years from a vaccine, 10 years, etc. How do they come up with the numbers? (type slowly so I can understand the explanation!!)
basically because you have to first deal with animal trials / testing before you can proceed to human testing. thus far, vaccines are in the first stages of trials (that is, mainly just moving from testing on primate species for simian immuniodeficiency virus), and are only beginning to be developed for trials on humans. at that, these vaccines are only useful for certain sub-types of HIV -- a general vaccine which is good for all types is no where near development and probably won't be.

it's also a bit difficult to develop a vaccine on a virus which keeps changing -- that is, mutating and evolving to be better than us mere mortals... treatment alone is problematic with the emergence of resistance to certain drugs which just a few years ago were seen as 'revolutionary' in terms of increasing longevity for those infected...

that's a simplified version. i'm not a virologist and don't pretend to be. but, viruses have us all beat....they are truly amazing in their simplicity, regardless of how much we may want to destroy them...they've kicked our b*tts all over the place...

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 16:50
the general point here to all the mupets out there who dont.....use a rubber. shit in Moscow use a body suit. I whish that could be shouted from the roof in russian as they just dont F^&*% get it.
Sorry about the rant. Just had 2 cases in today.

veejay
07-06-2005, 16:52
the general point here to all the mupets out there who dont.....use a rubber. shit in Moscow use a body suit. I whish that could be shouted from the roof in russian as they just dont F^&*% get it.
Sorry about the rant. Just had 2 cases in today.
i hear ya, mate...loud & clear...one addendum, however...not just in moscow...use a condom EVERYWHERE!!!

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 16:55
so true.
I promise not to go on but the russian population just seem to have the "ow thats just something that happens to other people""im tough" no your dead.

Ok sorry I'm going to play with my dolly's and shut up.

I still smoke. hummm now more hahaha

Robert1987
07-06-2005, 16:58
Way to take a stand! You really have to wonder what people are thinking.

koba65
07-06-2005, 16:59
so true.
I promise not to go on but the russian population just seem to have the "ow thats just something that happens to other people""im tough" no your dead.

So, Nathan, Night Bird and now Dr. Lamont - where do you get the time?That multiple personality syndrome must be hard to keep up with.

Lady Marmalade
07-06-2005, 16:59
so true.

Babe, if I had your job, I'd be smoking still :respect: More power to you for doing your job cause god knows it ain't easy. :respect:

Lady Marmalade
07-06-2005, 17:01
No, I disagree, now I could be wrong as usual, but I think Dr. Lamont is actually Dr. Lamont, and not NS, I distinctly see more cohesion and focus in the formation of the ideas and opinions, not just verbal diarrhea.

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:04
No, I disagree, now I could be wrong as usual, but I think Dr. Lamont is actually Dr. Lamont, and not NS, I distinctly see more cohesion and focus in the formation of the ideas and opinions, not just verbal diarrhea.

Hmm, maybe, but his spelling and grammar mistakes are the same as Nathan's...

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 17:07
Have you ever seen a doctor's handwriting? :)

Doctors should be able to spell and have a decent enough education to identify grammar correctly I think.

I think the Nightbird Nathan, and about four others is all one person, an old regular here too methinks.

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 17:08
hahha true I cant spell but thats diyslexia, being half Austrian, not having time and being a lazy lad haha

Please dont group me to gether with Naithan and NB. I might slit my wrists and just cry.

Sorry for the rant I am a doctor in Moscow and Im just a bit passionate about what I do. Didnt realise my name would be my signituer. Stupid I guess

Will go back to playing with my toys

tomthumb
07-06-2005, 17:09
a pack a day everyday for the last 12 years. But I have a will strong enough to quit right now. Maybe a good bet(has to be worth it)/on request of a cute woman who decides to spend the rest of her life with me.......

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 17:09
If English aint your native language I think Koba and I will forgive you, sorry our bad.

TinyToes
07-06-2005, 17:10
a pack a day everyday for the last 12 years. But I have a will strong enough to quit right now. Maybe a good bet(has to be worth it)/on request of a cute woman who decides to spend the rest of her life with me.......
what if she smokes more than you? then you'd smoke even more?

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:14
hahha true I cant spell but thats diyslexia, being half Austrian, not having time and being a lazy lad haha

Please dont group me to gether with Naithan and NB. I might slit my wrists and just cry.

Sorry for the rant I am a doctor in Moscow and Im just a bit passionate about what I do. Didnt realise my name would be my signituer. Stupid I guess

Will go back to playing with my toys

Sprechts Du Deutch? Since you're a doc, why don't ya pm me your work phone. I need some advice...

Btw, Mein Doktor, you're stylistic patterns in English do not bely that of a German speaker.

Lady Marmalade
07-06-2005, 17:14
Hmm, maybe, but his spelling and grammar mistakes are the same as Nathan's...
Okay, I agree that his spelling and grammar are atrocious. Maybe we just finally found a topic that this entity has an opinion on, my god, an opinion that holds together cohesively. If it's true, and definitely in NS and Legally Blonde's posts I can see the same patterns, then who might the old regular be? Is Sir Gay back?

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:16
Okay, I agree, his spelling and grammar are atrocious. Maybe we just finally found a topic that this entity has an opinion on,my god, an opinion that holds together cohesively. Who might the old regular be? Is Sir Gay back?

I think Sir Gay would come up with smarter posts! If it is an old regular, he's doing a good windup.

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 17:18
Never thought of him, I had someone else in mind.....

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:20
Where o' where have I seen the same phraseology used... :eh:

aysihsK
07-06-2005, 17:21

oh! :D I've got a strong wish to give it up too :rolleyes: so how bout sharing a life together in attempt to finally quit smoking for each other? :p

Cherry
07-06-2005, 17:24
so how bout sharing a life together in attempt to finally quit smoking for each other? :p

Are you proposing K?:)

tomthumb
07-06-2005, 17:25
what if she smokes more than you? then you'd smoke even more?

Can't say for sure. Smoking depends a bit on the company as well.

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 17:27
Koba I am sorry to burst your bubble but the crap speeling is dyslexia not being Austria, English or what ever. Its something you can hide but this is just some internet forum so I didnt care.

aysihsK
07-06-2005, 17:29
Are you proposing K?:)

if only to join efforts for giving up smoking :D :shame:

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 17:33
As dyslexia manifests itself not only in reading, writing and musical notation but also in organisational skills and may be identified in areas of speed of processing, short term memory, sequencing and organisation, auditory and/or visual perception, spoken language and motor skills how do these difficulties affect your job as a doctor?

Chubby Hubby
07-06-2005, 17:37
So, Nathan, Night Bird and now Dr. Lamont - where do you get the time?That multiple personality syndrome must be hard to keep up with.

Uh, wait... Nightbird is Nathan? In that case, which one shot Kennedy? Are the ancient astronauts involved?

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 17:40
luckly I went to a school for dyslexics at an early age and worked very hard so the only affect is spelling. All the points are correct but there are different levels of dyslexia and some people have stronger cases than others. Mine is minor so if you concentrate there is no signs.

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:42
Koba I am sorry to burst your bubble but the crap speeling is dyslexia not being Austria, English or what ever. Its something you can hide but this is just some internet forum so I didnt care.

Nu, Doktor, you could have at least done some research on how dyslexics actually spell - your spelling mistakes are not typical of people who are afflicted with dyslexia:

The word “dyslexia” means “difficulty with words or language.” A telltale sign of dyslexia is reversals. People with this kind of problem often confuse letters like b and d, either when reading or when writing, or they sometimes read (or write) words like “rat” for “tar,” or “won” for “now.”

"speeling" doesn't really fit this pattern. Speaking of patterns, your speech patterns are the same as Legally Blonde, and Nathan Sundar. Oh, and Nathan claims to be a Brit, but writes like an American. Legally Blonde claims to be a woman, but writes like an American dude trying to pretend he's a Russian chick.

If I'm wrong, nah, I'm not.

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:47
luckly I went to a school for dyslexics at an early age and worked very hard so the only affect is spelling. All the points are correct but there are different levels of dyslexia and some people have stronger cases than others. Mine is minor so if you concentrate there is no signs.

What's your native language?

Sobranie
Koba. you may be a very cleave person and well informed but your arrogance is clowding this. I have never really had an issue with dyslexia which is why I openly addmit this but then I have never really had to justify my self for having a , possibly concived, problem. The only reason I take this stance is because the forum is fun and I do not want to be thought of a one of Nathans personalities.

Sobranie
English

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:49
Uh, wait... Nightbird is Nathan? In that case, which one shot Kennedy? Are the ancient astronauts involved?

They're in league with the Rothchilds, the Queen, the Kennedys and the Colonel before he went t*ts up...

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:49
English

Where are you from?

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 17:51
you want a date hahah
I'm English from Twickenham (south of London)
Im sorry to be rude before its been a long day and i just dont want to be Naithan hahah

veejay
07-06-2005, 17:53
so true.

think that this mentality was also quite common in the US in the early days of the epidemic, and seems to be making a comeback amongst certain populations today...

play with dollies, and have a few cigs...now take a deep breathe and remain calm...what else can ya do, eh?

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:54
Koba. you may be a very cleave person and well informed but your arrogance is clowding this. I have never really had an issue with dyslexia which is why I openly addmit this but then I have never really had to justify my self for having a , possibly concived, problem. The only reason I take this stance is because the forum is fun and I do not want to be thought of a one of Nathans personalities.

Nice try, but no cigar! I'm not buying it. Let's see, you claim to be a doctor, Nathan is a medical student. Plus you "all" (dr. lamont, ns, lb) write practically the same way. Hey, if this is one way of entertaining yourself - go for it. Just don't get your panties in a twist when you've been sussed out.

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 17:57

Twickenham is west of London, not south.

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:58
you want a date hahah
Im sorry to be rude before its been a long day and i just dont want to be Naithan hahah

So, lemme see, you're English, a doctor, and blame bad grammar and spelling on dyslexia... Hmm...

Ever been to Staines?

koba65
07-06-2005, 17:58
Twickenham is west of London, not south.

Unless Middlesex has moved since the last time I was there.

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 18:01
He may claim it is south west but anyone from London or the home counties would not say that Twickers is south of London.

Or are we being unfair?

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 18:02
hahah i really cant win here. hahahaha.
I understand Naithan is playing games and that Koba is obviously a very self important person. I am supprised to get grife over spelling. Some day Ill paint my face black and buy Koba a drink in the Albion.

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 18:04
yes I know stains. and Bracknall and sandhurst.

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 18:04
I understand Naithan is playing games and that Koba is obviously a very self important person. I am supprised to get grife over spelling. Some day Ill paint my face black and buy Koba a drink in the Albion.

What school did you go to?

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 18:06
Wellington College for boys
Do you know it?

koba65
07-06-2005, 18:06

How would you know I go to the Albion? I thought you were "new" in town?

Yep, I'm very important. Very very. Don't forget it. I'm a legend in my own mind.

Black face? So, you're saying you are Al Jolsen?

I think we both know who you really are! ;)

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 18:09
Wellington College for boys
Do you know it?

The one in Crowthorne? It's co-ed isn't it?

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 18:10
The one in Crowthorne? It's co-ed isn't it?

Did Barnaby teach geography when you were there?

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 18:10
Iv been here a year. I guess thats new. Glad your important, nice to belive your own s**t.

Sobranie
07-06-2005, 18:14
no its boys till 6th form and then co-ed
Gentlemen I really dont want to be part of a which hunt because of my spelling. I got on my soap box because the aids thing really does worry me. nothing more. You are more than welcome to come to MPS in Ivankovskoya shosse past Socel and I can treat you for your piles

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 18:18
I thought medical records were sacred! My piles are the bane of my life.

Can I get drugs from you? Uppers, downers that sort of thing?

South of London indeed!

Not a witchhunt just harmless fun.

koba65
07-06-2005, 18:20
Iv been here a year. I guess thats new. Glad your important, nice to belive your own s**t.

What med school did you go to? One in Pittsburgh?

Random
07-06-2005, 18:23
[QUOTE=DJ Biscuit]I thought medical records were sacred! My piles are the bane of my life. QUOTE]

Your farmers playing up again me old china ?

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 18:24
Yeah, me mincers are burning, me dogs are barking and me Bexley's are giving me right jip.

Lady Marmalade
07-06-2005, 18:37
Yeah, me mincers are burning, me dogs are barking and me Bexley's are giving me right jip.

Okay, no dictionary on earth is going to help me sort out that statement. How about... My jaw is burning, my staff is harassing me, and my significant other is giving me hell? I owe you a few pathetic attempts at a good laugh at least. :respect:

DJ Biscuit
07-06-2005, 18:42

My eyes are stinging (mince pies = eyes.

My feet hurt (dogs meat = feet)

My teeth are giving me some pain (Bexley Heath = teeth)

Lady Marmalade
07-06-2005, 18:46

You're joshing? I'll just stick with the easy ones like Hampsteads and Barnets. If that had been in Bardak, I might really have gone off keel. :eh: :shame:

trebor
07-06-2005, 21:37
..............and I can treat you for your piles

If you can cure my "farmers" you'll be a friend for life! :)

trebor
07-06-2005, 21:41

Close DJ but not quite.

Plates of meat = feet
Hamstead Heaths = Teeth

a couple more just for fun, fill in the spaces yourself! :)
Barnet fair =
Gregory Peck =
Hampton Wick =
Jack and Danny =

Viagra Girl
07-06-2005, 21:52
One question in the poll is missing: what do you smoke?

P&M
07-06-2005, 22:17
Your spelling/grammer/syntax is far too good to have been educated at Wellington. Nobody from Wellington every made it as far as Med School - they even have special exams for Wellingtonians at RAC Ciren. Sounds like Slough Grammer to me.

DJ Biscuit
08-06-2005, 11:30
Close DJ but not quite.

Plates of meat = feet
Hamstead Heaths = Teeth

No mate not only was I close but spot on. There are several versions, and Cockney slang is ever evolving. 'Dogs' for feet is an old one, my Dad uses it and he was born within the sound of Bow Bells (Cam on you 'Ammers). As for Bexley's that's one of the newer ones (last 15 years or so) but not as new as say ''fancy a few Britney's?''

Sorry to go off but I know when I'm right and when it comes to this topic I know me stuff.

Here's some for you:
Anchor spreadable = incredible
Andy Farley = Cocaine
Casa Blanca = ******

veejay
08-06-2005, 13:24
sort of back on thread...just saw this on TB...and there is a blurb about the double danger of TB & HIV in Central & Eastern Europe...

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=117&art_id=qw111820464197U243

trebor
09-06-2005, 12:25
No mate not only was I close but spot on. There are several versions, and Cockney slang is ever evolving. 'Dogs' for feet is an old one, my Dad uses it and he was born within the sound of Bow Bells (Cam on you 'Ammers). As for Bexley's that's one of the newer ones (last 15 years or so) but not as new as say ''fancy a few Britney's?''

Sorry to go off but I know when I'm right and when it comes to this topic I know me stuff.

Here's some for you:
Anchor spreadable = incredible
Andy Farley = Cocaine
Casa Blanca = ******

There are many people who try to invent new ones.
I heard Pete Murray for curry recently when its Ruby Murray-and she dates back from the 20's

One of my favourites, artefull dodger......................anyone?

enrico palazzo
09-06-2005, 12:28
Tomacco!

some guy actually grew one!

http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,61091,00.html

Rusty
10-06-2005, 03:31
I was a dumb kid, still am. Should toss a way all my cigaretts.
I gained 10Kgs last time I tied to quit. Need to find a good pasifier, for my next try :bookworm:

koba65
12-06-2005, 05:52
I was a dumb kid, still am. Should toss a way all my cigaretts.
I gained 10Kgs last time I tied to quit. Need to find a good pasifier, for my next try :bookworm:

Didn't take you long to get a new login.... :suspect:

Shatneresque
13-06-2005, 21:19
Phew, right then; got that off my chest as well! My therapist says I'm making good progress.... :cussing:

Kingwillhe
13-06-2005, 21:22
Phew, right then; got that off my chest as well! My therapist says I'm making good progress.... :cussing:
Your bad Karma is rumbling the board Shat my man.

Have a drink and a smoke, relaaaax!

Shatneresque
13-06-2005, 21:24
Your bad Karma is rumbling the board Shat my man.

Have a drink and a smoke, relaaaax!
:bong: :drink:

Kingwillhe
13-06-2005, 21:30
:lovepot: :hooray: :thumbsup:

SpruceGoose
13-06-2005, 22:32
Cigarettes are a terrible habit, but the anti-smoking advertizing campaign they have in the US and cigarette bans give you the impression that every time you light up, you become a renegade champion of personal liberty and individual freedom.

Which would explain Gaulloise promoting their products under the tag of Liberte Toujours.

It brings cigarette companies around to the same version of liberty as George Bush and Co. If they keep pushing the point then maybe there will be a big payoff for all the subconscious advertising he's doing.