PDA

View Full Version : What is the going rate for interpreters?

Amerikansky
04-06-2005, 00:49
Could anybody advise me on what is the going daily rate for interpreters working at the exhibitions? Also, what is the standard rate per hour and per page?

Thanks a lot.

mesh
04-06-2005, 22:25
u will have to give more specifics i.e. profile of wanted interpreter

Amerikansky
04-06-2005, 22:33
Ok, I just need somebody to help me talk to the clients at the exhibition (seven-eight h/d) and may be to transate a few pages. Subject is NDE - NonDestructive Evaluation/Testing

Akila Pils
06-06-2005, 09:07
well, you can get a full time interpretor for as much as 800 usd a month

do you want a professional then you pay 500 usd a day

Amerikansky
06-06-2005, 14:12
500 usd a day? You probably mean simultaneous interpreting which I was told is 100-150 usd an hour. But what about simple consecutive interpreting? This 500 usd will kill my budget!

dagar
07-06-2005, 18:14
should be 40-50 usd per day for conversation. and 10-15 usd per page written translation.

Surok
07-06-2005, 18:29
should be 40-50 usd per day for conversation. and 10-15 usd per page written translation.

depends on the quality/ experience/ professionalism of the interpreter/ translator. are you looking for a Russian native? or a non-native speaker of Russian? from what language into what language? etc...

dagar
07-06-2005, 18:57
depends on the quality/ experience/ professionalism of the interpreter/ translator. are you looking for a Russian native? or a non-native speaker of Russian? from what language into what language? etc...

from an experienced and quality interpreters, from/to english- russian.
you may not find a direct translator from/to Sanskrit ( an old Indian language- russian.

Shaun
07-06-2005, 19:02

from an experienced and quality interpreters, from/to english- russian.
you may not find a direct translator from/to Sanskrit ( an old Indian language- russian.

yar - i dont think she meant sanskrit - an experienced and quality translator from RUS to ENG would cost you considerably more than $10-15 per page. I'm shit and i charge more than that!

RDV
08-06-2005, 14:46
Could anybody advise me on what is the going daily rate for interpreters working at the exhibitions? Also, what is the standard rate per hour and per page?

Thanks a lot.

A friend of mine is a freelance interperter. As I understand the going market rate for quality consec is $250-$300/day. It doesn't matter what percentage of time he will actually work (can be two, can be eight hours). You hire the person for a day.