PDA

View Full Version : Opening bank account in russia

Ellieb
03-06-2005, 17:41
Does anyone know how easy it is for a foreigner to open a bank account in Russia? Is there a particular bank that can be recommended, and what documents are required?

gregs
03-06-2005, 17:43
Loads, depends on what you want.

I opened BSGV in 15 mins for me and my wife.

PM me for more details

geneven
05-06-2005, 00:08
It depends on what your requirements are. I could take money out of my Citibank account from Moscow, and I had payments deposited directly into my US Citibank account. So I never needed an actual Moscow account, though I was in Moscow for two and a half years. I haven't been in Moscow for a year an a half, so things may have changed.

Legally Blonde
05-06-2005, 01:42
There is this bank called vneshtorg bank. that is a good one for foreighners i heard. I had a account in that. But now i use my Hsbc account in hongkong and with draw money from there. As a Student I dont need to deposit any thing. I just with draw money. So Its very convinient for me.

Even a account in sberbank will do as all the banks are almost networked.

As genevan said it depends on your requirements.

Benedikt
05-06-2005, 15:41
... maybe just for the reason that you are familiar with a particular bank back home, you might open an account with a bank from your homecountry.
raiffeisen for austrians / germans
citi for americans
barclays for uk..
i bank with raiffeisen, i am an austrian, can do computer banking, took me about 10 minutes to open an account, needed passport ( and cash of course).
i paid in 1 $, as i explained money will than be transfered from austria for the first time, and than i will pay in from my work..no problems at all. got my credit card, no min. no max. was required.
suppose every bank will support it's citizens and of course clients. i bank with raiffeisen purely because i know them from austria since i was a kid. and get the same good service here like back home.
don't know how much to pay for a moneytransfer, ( don't use) i live in moscow...suppose all these things can be found out at the websites of any bank or with an e-mail.

Namibia
05-06-2005, 18:51
... maybe just for the reason that you are familiar with a particular bank back home, you might open an account with a bank from your homecountry.
raiffeisen for austrians / germans
citi for americans
barclays for uk..
i bank with raiffeisen, i am an austrian, can do computer banking, took me about 10 minutes to open an account, needed passport ( and cash of course).
i paid in 1 $, as i explained money will than be transfered from austria for the first time, and than i will pay in from my work..no problems at all. got my credit card, no min. no max. was required.
suppose every bank will support it's citizens and of course clients. i bank with raiffeisen purely because i know them from austria since i was a kid. and get the same good service here like back home.
don't know how much to pay for a moneytransfer, ( don't use) i live in moscow...suppose all these things can be found out at the websites of any bank or with an e-mail.

Raiffeisen - Good bank. Can only confirm. Money transfers no problem, just a bit expensive due to transfer charges. But this is with all banks.

:verycool: :verycool: :verycool:

Vaytcha
05-06-2005, 21:14
There is a Barclays Bank in Moscow?

Where, where, where? This could solve all my problems. Please tell me it's not a dream....

druna
05-06-2005, 21:30

Where, where, where? This could solve all my problems. Please tell me it's not a dream....

Unfortunately not. British banks, as far as I know do not do retail business at the moment in this country. There are offices of HSBC and Standard Bank London. :bookworm:

11-06-2005, 00:25
Moscow INternational Bank - check the web http://www.imb.ru/en/

I opened USD, Ruble and Euro accounts completely hassle free, quickly, and transfer, withdraw, do card stuff and it's like being in New York.

Try it - you'll like it.

Gus
20-05-2009, 11:16

It is not a dream, it is just up from Paveletskaya station, where the airport express trains arrive.

stacy
22-05-2009, 00:50
Barclays: credits, deposites, credit cards. (http://www.barclays.ru/en/about/contacts)