PDA

View Full Version : English Speaking Expats in Kazan

mikegulf
13-08-2010, 23:59
Looking to meet any English speaking expats in the area.

elin89
15-08-2010, 17:51
try going to Kuba Libre on Baumana on fri/sat nights. or any time really. great bar, attracts loads of expats

mikegulf
16-08-2010, 17:54
Thanks for the suggestion! I am mostly trying to locate expats on the forum that I can chat to about Kazan. Most of the stuff here is for people who live in Moscow. I would like to learn more about Kazan since that is the area I will be in most of the time.

krolik49
30-08-2010, 14:48
I'm an American from Washington State living in Kazan with my Tatar wife.
Right now we're building a summer house in a nearby village, so that keeps us busy for the time being. Kazan is quite a cultural crossroads and has a population of Tatar/Russian people about 50-50. Anyway if I can answer any questions give me a holler. Our regular email is: dachniki60@gmail.com.
All the best!
Dan
Kazan

Abigail
01-11-2010, 21:56
Hi,

My name's Abigail and I've just moved here from the UK. I'd love to meet some English/American people and also learn Russian if possible! I don't know the place well at all yet so any advice wouldbe greatly welcome. Thanks!

Ergoadam
11-11-2010, 11:55
Hello Everyone,

I am an Aussie settled in Kazan for the past six years.

Currently I am visiting India and Singapore.

The bar at Baumana street is really hip and chilled out.

A percentage of the younger generation in Kazan speaks English fluently with a bit of an accent.

Cheers M8 :D

Ergoadam
11-11-2010, 11:58
Hey Krolik,

Where are you building your house M8? In which village near kazan?

I have a house in "Volzhsk" in Mari-El republic, 58kms from Kazan.

I go there to chill out on weekends...

Kudos to Russian Banya(Sauna)..Simply luvvvvvvvvvv it :D

Cheers M8

kazan steve
20-12-2010, 09:30
I've been here in Kazan for about three years now and have a school on Levo-Bulachnaya. We have about 7 UK/US teachers who are always happy to meet others.

Happy Christmas!

Steve

S Friend
21-05-2011, 11:39
Hi Steve and anyone else living in Kazan,
I realise this is now a very old post, do you even still live in Kazan? I am about to move there, and would like to begin by getting to know a few people in the area. I know NO Russian as of yet, so a few English speaking friends to begin with would be so great. I am from New Zealand, but have been living in Italy for the last few years, time for a new adventure, I hope Kazan is this. If anyone is out there who knows of other ways to connect with other expats living in this area, I would be appreciative if you had any advice.

Thanks,
S Friend

sashadidi
22-05-2011, 00:42
I realise this is now a very old post, do you even still live in Kazan? I am about to move there, and would like to begin by getting to know a few people in the area. I know NO Russian as of yet, so a few English speaking friends to begin with would be so great. I am from New Zealand, but have been living in Italy for the last few years, time for a new adventure, I hope Kazan is this. If anyone is out there who knows of other ways to connect with other expats living in this area, I would be appreciative if you had any advice.

Thanks,
S Friend

good luck fellow Kiwi

Ergoadam
22-05-2011, 06:22
Hello S friend,

Yup I am still living in Kazan.I am in India currently doing some project.

Its a nice city, pretty comfortable without the mad traffic rush.If you need any information or help, please let me know.I ll try my best to sort it out.

Are you in Kazan for a short term?

Cheers M8:wavey:

S Friend
24-05-2011, 02:11
Hi,

Thanks for the responses and good luck wishes, I am sure I will have questions... I already do, but I am not even moved there yet, so will wait to ask the ever increasing list.

I will be living in Kazan for 6 - 12 months, so long enough to want to get a little life built. I am more concerned about making friends and things to do in the winter months to be honest, for a wee Kiwi l**** the temperatures are going to be a shock I am sure. I was pointed out a couple of gyms while I visited a few weeks back, so that is high on the list of priorities once I arrive. I should arrive in mid June, so I am fortunate I think, to see the area at it's prettiest.

India, wow, that is my next planned destination for discovery, I am living vicariously right now through a friend who is there currently too. I hope your having a wonderful time.

Thanks again,
Sereca

:mml:

S Friend
25-06-2011, 08:00
And so I have arrived. Anyone out there in Kazan now days?

fromKazan
01-09-2011, 01:23

Thanks,
S Friend

S Friend, I'm not an axpat but an English speaking one. Have been living in Kazan for all my life. If you are in Kazan and need any help or just want some advice, feel free to contact me.

Welcome :)

gv214
18-12-2011, 01:58
Hi everyone,

I was born and brought up in Kazan though spent last 5 years in the UK. I am back home now and aren't doing much so have plenty of free time. Will be happy to help with whatever I can help with, answer the questions the answers to which I know or just hang out together. Will be happy to try and teach Russian though don't have neither a teaching qualification nor previous experience but the desire:)

Regards

Gulnara

wyattford
29-01-2012, 12:26
Dear S Friend,

Welcome to Kazan!

Yes, there is an expat community here--two, actually. The first is a very informal network of students who study at KGU and other universities. The second is a network of professionals--mainly hoteliers, chefs, and English teachers.

I'd be happy to introduce you to either group. I've been living here for two years and am the Deputy Edtior of The Kazan Herald, a small English-language newspaper.

Let's grab a coffee sometime soon.

-Wyatt