PDA

View Full Version : The Sound of Summer II

Random
03-06-2005, 14:29
England won the toss and again elected to bowl first against Bangladesh in light sunshine at the Riverside.

The hosts named the same XI that won the first Test at Lord's by an innings and 261 runs at Lord's last week.

Bangladesh batsman Mushfiqur Rahim sprained his ankle walking down stairs so Rajin Saleh deputises. Seamer Tapash Baisya replaces Shahadat Hossain.

The only previous Test at the Riverside ground, between England and Zimbabwe in 2003, lasted less than three days.

Lled
03-06-2005, 14:34
Bangladesh batsman Mushfiqur Rahim sprained his ankle walking down stairs so Rajin Saleh deputises. Seamer Tapash Baisya replaces Shahadat Hossain.

Another sterling start for Bngladesh then I see

DJ Biscuit
03-06-2005, 16:20
I saw that on the news this morning: ''The 16 Y.O batsman sprained his ankle while walking down for breakfast''

Why is it that sportsmen suffer more from such odd mishaps than other people, not to mention chronic diseases? Is it god's punishment for the over smugness displayed by the fitter ones amongst us?

Lled
03-06-2005, 16:22
"Smug" is my very own debilitating disease and I can tell you it HURTS like a motherf**ker

encore
03-06-2005, 16:49
When will Bangladesh be banned from international cricket????????People get easy runs and wickets playing against useless teams

Random
03-06-2005, 16:51
When will Bangladesh be banned from international cricket????????People get easy runs and wickets playing against useless teams

No sorry - I think they stay - OK we are killing them - but we've been killed enough by stronger teams in the past.

Random
03-06-2005, 17:25
94-9 at least they are consitant ...

Random
03-06-2005, 17:52
104 all out - Oh dear ...

Lled
03-06-2005, 18:17
What's this "The Thirty Minute Test Match"?

Didn't even have the time to finish the first Pimms and their bloody openers are gone....

nathan_sundar
03-06-2005, 18:48
What's this "The Thirty Minute Test Match"?

Didn't even have the time to finish the first Pimms and their bloody openers are gone....

When you let in such a team what else you expect? If its not this way then we have a reason to worry thinking about the Ashes. But for the matchpractice thing. I would say netpractice would have been much better. They still need to grow up. Thank god atleast they won a test with zimbabwe. About this match i think it wont last to see the end of the 3rd day. I wonder if it will last to see the 3rd lunch.

Oh Fu** This strauss is out for just 8 runs. I think he should not be playing atleast for a year from now. We should look for a new opener. With the given form of strauss he cannot even be the 12th man for the ashes.

So we are already there with 7 wickets in hand. i guess a 300 will bw good enough to call them back in to bat. That way we can finish this test soon. Or else we can bat through for 2 days to break the record of srilanka. I'd go for the first option though.

Legally Blonde
04-06-2005, 16:42
Should we be wasting our time talking the old C**P NS. I saw your posts. They are VERY VERY funny. This one is not a exception. How about growing up a little. Just be quiet watch and learn. Dont flood the threads.

Legally Blonde
04-06-2005, 21:32
So atlast bangladesh scored some thing more than 200. The way the match is going i think The'll Not lose by a innings. Good improvement. Now the question is 61 runs with 2 wickets remaining can they do it? I think, there is a probability of 10 %.

Lled
04-06-2005, 21:40
You're a blonde female and you talk about cricket?

1. Explain
2. Respect

suburbia
04-06-2005, 21:45
Plenty of women can talk intelligently about cricket, especially if they are brought up (as I was) by a father who played for Cambridge University, the R.A.F and also for his county. In fact, my first outing in my pram, many, many years ago, was to a cricket match.

nathan_sundar
04-06-2005, 21:50
useless to comment on. I dont have any thing to offer. Though I would like to say that bangladesh improved a lot between two games. And For a blonde to talk about cricket is SURPRISING.

Legally Blonde
04-06-2005, 21:56
You're a blonde female and you talk about cricket?

1. Explain
2. Respect

Nah just interested in cricket. My best friend from the school was a australian and i got to know the game from him. So naturally i was interested.

Never had a chace to play though. Any one ready to teach me??????????????

How about you Lled?

Lled
04-06-2005, 21:59
Nah just interested in cricket. My best friend from the school was a australian and i got to know the game from him. So naturally i was interested.

Never had a chace to play though. Any one ready to teach me??????????????

How about you Lled?

Not too good at cricket, haven't played since schooldays. I could teach you some football tricks, like falling over and getting hurt and stuff....

Legally Blonde
04-06-2005, 22:01
Not really interested in playing football. Its kinda fun to watch but dangerous to play.

Its very tirefull. How can these guys run continous for 90 minutes.

Hail their stamina.

Lled
04-06-2005, 22:03
Not really interested in playing football. Its kinda fun to watch but dangerous to play.

Its very tirefull. How can these guys run continous for 90 minutes.

Hail their stamina.

I got stamina :suspect:

Legally Blonde
04-06-2005, 22:19
Hail you then . Guess you are a goal keeper then ?

hahaha

Legally Blonde
05-06-2005, 15:47
SO now Bangladesh lost by a innings and 27 runs in the 3rd day. Any way good effort from Aftab Ahmed. 82 from 82 balls. But thats how it ends. To beat england in home land is like milking an ox.

Lets see whether the australians can milk the ox?

Looking forward for the ashes ........ 46 days to go.

Isn't it true that they have the coach who was coaching srilanka during their 1996 worldcup??????????????