PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Salsa dance partner with a sence of humour.

Desert Addict
10-08-2010, 23:59
I decided to start early with all the things that I really still want to do in life. One of those is finally learn to dance. Will turn 39 fast, 40 is around the corner so high time. Looking for a female dancepartner who has patience and a sence of humour (you will need it:) to teach me how to handle myself on a dance floor so I can turn a smile on a ladies face. Can be in class room setting or just by going out. Whatever works best. Anyone interested?

FJT
11-08-2010, 01:28
Hi,
I am not in Moscow yet, not before October. However, I am interested in taking Salsa classes in Moscow when I get there.
You should really give yourself a chance! Salsa is definitely worth trying! It is just so much fun to dance!
PS I don't think I am a good partner though (not patient, not doing what I am supposed to do, from what I remember, when I was trying to learn ballroom dancing some time ago).

La Chica
11-08-2010, 17:14
Hi there!

I definitely have sense of humor as well as an invincible ability to step a dance partner’s feet whenever I make a move. So dance and I are things that shouldn’t be mixed up if you don’t want somebody to be injured :-). However your post reminded me of the distant past when a 5-year girl was gathering her numerous relatives to enjoy “fascinating dance show ever seen”. I’m rather surprised to find out that this childish desire to be a “dance queen” still has something appealing to me (people are right saying that there are no grown-ups but only aged children, the only difference in more expensive toys :-)).

So if you are still interested and not afraid of being stepped till death, I can be your dance partner :-D. Plus you should know that my native language is Russian and I’m not quite fluent while communicating in English (lack of practice for a long time). If you need more personal data I can provide it by the local PM system. Keep in touch!

Darya Alexandrovna
11-08-2010, 23:22
Come over! Friday and Satuday. I know place to learn basic steps- every week same progmae so you can prectice untill you finally get it. I know cubians, bolivians, spanish, american who can dance, so boys can teach you boy staff and of course I dance myself, so you can have somebody to practice.
I am not patient, I am passionate, but with sence of humour, definetly.
Anyways - a wish is paramount!
Take care

Fibre
12-08-2010, 16:24
I decided to start early with all the things that I really still want to do in life. One of those is finally learn to dance. Will turn 39 fast, 40 is around the corner so high time. Looking for a female dancepartner who has patience and a sence of humour (you will need it:) to teach me how to handle myself on a dance floor so I can turn a smile on a ladies face. Can be in class room setting or just by going out. Whatever works best. Anyone interested?

Hey, by the way, what kind of Salsa are U going to learn? Or the main priority for you- she must be beautiful and to have easy temper?

Desert Addict
13-08-2010, 11:36
I did not know there were different Salsa versions:)

Willy
13-08-2010, 11:56

Well you should be pm-ing Fibre because I know she needs a good partner and she knows a lot about Salsa.

Fibre
13-08-2010, 13:05
Well you should be pm-ing Fibre because I know she needs a good partner and she knows a lot about Salsa.

Willy, what`re U talking about? :grind:
I have the best salsa teacher and the most careful partner in the world!
The only thing i need - to wear a special latina dress and just come to the lesson.

That`s why I couldn`t dance with someone else
A fortiori I am not able to teach someone else

Fibre
13-08-2010, 13:09

I learn to dance salsa de salon. The main role is a man`s. He does everything he wants

yakspeare
13-08-2010, 13:15
if only i was in moscow miss fibre...but i am going to take lessons in latin dance when i get back from london in september....it is the one element of my life i am missing i think( i sing, i act, i play and have fun but i dont dance)...my uncle is a superb dancer and it has kept him young and my daughter is doing really well at the ballet so time i take the plunge!

ps i missed you fibre

MickeyTong
13-08-2010, 13:20
I learn to dance salsa de salon. The main role is a man`s. He does everything he wants

And the woman is merely a responsive recipient of his firm direction?

quincy
13-08-2010, 13:46
I decided to start early with all the things that I really still want to do in life. One of those is finally learn to dance. Will turn 39 fast, 40 is around the corner so high time.

I hope you are cramming in a few other things before you turn 40, not just salsa!

Darya Alexandrovna
13-08-2010, 14:28
I thought in all pair dances, all LAtin and European (waltz, Quick Step,etc) the main role is MAN's. A woman is a recepient and a decoration.

That's why it's a bit dificult for a girl to teach a boy to study. You must be firm, and lead! ;)

Fibre
13-08-2010, 16:34
And the woman is merely a responsive recipient of his firm direction?

I feel myself as a dog next to his master

Fibre
13-08-2010, 16:36
if only i was in moscow miss fibre...but i am going to take lessons in latin dance when i get back from london in september....it is the one element of my life i am missing i think( i sing, i act, i play and have fun but i dont dance)...my uncle is a superb dancer and it has kept him young and my daughter is doing really well at the ballet so time i take the plunge!

ps i missed you fibre

Every annoying desire must be caught

MickeyTong
13-08-2010, 16:41
I feel myself as a dog next to his master

ух........ты......

Fibre
13-08-2010, 16:43
ух........ты......

Mickey, I suppose U want to try also))

Yeeh, it`s a great feeling for men

MickeyTong
13-08-2010, 16:44

Yeeh, it`s a great feeling for men

Is it not a great feeling for women, too?

MickeyTong
13-08-2010, 16:46

Not with any woman.....only those who will enjoy it.

Fibre
13-08-2010, 16:53
Is it not a great feeling for women, too?

I don`t know about others, but for me it`s very unusual, I can only guess what step will be next.
And it looks like a game for a person who used to obey nobody

MickeyTong
13-08-2010, 17:03
I don`t know about others, but for me it`s very unusual, I can only guess what step will be next.
And it looks like a game for a person who used to obey nobody

True obedience must be freely and gladly given.

Fibre
13-08-2010, 17:06
Salsa is a dance of flirting, so everything is possible in this field

MickeyTong
13-08-2010, 17:16
Ax...flirting leads nowhere.....it's just a woman teasing her dog.

Fibre
13-08-2010, 17:22
Ax...flirting leads nowhere.....it's just a woman teasing her dog.

but that is only his game. She has no choice - just being beloved or rejected, as he`ll decide. Everything depends on his mood and imagination, and of course the length of her skirt is very important too

Desert Addict
13-08-2010, 20:21
This is turning into a weird discussion. .... and sure I have still other things on my 'early' bucket list:)

Desert Addict
13-08-2010, 20:43
I thought in all pair dances, all LAtin and European (waltz, Quick Step,etc) the main role is MAN's. A woman is a recepient and a decoration.

That's why it's a bit dificult for a girl to teach a boy to study. You must be firm, and lead! ;)

Hi Darya, how can I lead if I do not know where to go??????

NotMe
13-08-2010, 20:58
I am looking for a male partner to visit a Library of Foreign Literature. Are you in? ;)
And I know the way. :p

mistygris
13-08-2010, 21:13
Hi Darya, how can I lead if I do not know where to go??????

many places!!!! my favourite would be Pancho villa.
else you can try out Karma bar, Mediterranean, papa's place on tuesday....

Desert Addict
13-08-2010, 21:55
I am looking for a male partner to visit a Library of Foreign Literature. Are you in? ;)
And I know the way. :p

It was not on my list but why not. Love bookshops so libraries should be sort of the same. When and where?

Desert Addict
13-08-2010, 21:59
many places!!!! my favourite would be Pancho villa.
else you can try out Karma bar, Mediterranean, papa's place on tuesday....
I meant with the dancing:) I am supposed to lead according to the experts. But that is exactly the problem. Do not know how....

alouette
14-08-2010, 12:42
Will you consider Mambo lessons as well ;)?

YouTube- Lou Bega - Mambo number five

YouTube- DIRTY DANCING - Mambo - (rba)

alouette
14-08-2010, 12:47
YouTube- Dirty Dancing - Johnny's Mambo

Desert Addict
14-08-2010, 12:58
YouTube- Dirty Dancing - Johnny's Mambo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Pq3C2g3bs)

Open for anything which is fun to do... but as said before I a travelling quite often so any type of regular lessons are not for me. Ideally I find someone who can really teach me this or there has to be some place where you can go and learn the basics in a non-organized setting.

Desert Addict
15-08-2010, 11:16
Come over! Friday and Satuday. I know place to learn basic steps- every week same progmae so you can prectice untill you finally get it. I know cubians, bolivians, spanish, american who can dance, so boys can teach you boy staff and of course I dance myself, so you can have somebody to practice.
I am not patient, I am passionate, but with sence of humour, definetly.
Anyways - a wish is paramount!
Take care

Hi Darya, I went dancing this Saturday but it is clear I am in desperate need of the basic steps. Where is this place which teaches them Friday/Saturday?

Anyone else any advice where to learn the basics???? I really want to learn this:)

Darya Alexandrovna
15-08-2010, 12:39
Sunday: R'n'B cafe 7-8pm basic, 8-9pm levelled
Friday: Kaiman bar (Stary Artbat, next to Starbux near Smolenskaya), 9-10pm basic steps. Same lesson every time so you can go there untill you get it. After that a party where you can practise
Saturday: Karma Bar i think (not sure), Par Gorkogo, Andreevsky bridge (glass), Pushkinskaya naberegnaya - salsa out door dancing. There you can watch, find somebody to explain you where to go;) and practice as well. Be sure to visit Pancho Villa after that to complete the practice!

See you!
Tell me if you're going, we might meet)))

Fibre
15-08-2010, 17:26
YouTube- СалŒса

Mario is the best)))

Darya Alexandrovna
15-08-2010, 19:46
This girl does not have energy in her arms, more for belly dance then LA. Looks unattractive to me

Darya Alexandrovna
15-08-2010, 19:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE8TSUfV1Tk

It's more like samba. But you can learn some movements, feel the rythm and learn how to move in this rythm.

Willy
15-08-2010, 19:52
This girl does not have energy in her arms, more for belly dance then LA. Looks unattractive to me

I don't think HER name is Mario.

Fibre
15-08-2010, 21:33

U have very strange idea what the latina girl must be, looks like i need to do body-building
I wonder what kind of appearance do u have in this case???

MickeyTong
15-08-2010, 21:38
YouTube- Сальса (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIHme1oOyC0)

Mario is the best)))

But the girl dances like a virgin, or a woman who has never had an orgasm.

Fibre
15-08-2010, 21:50

He is a professional, I guess he is just tired of all creepy-stories in dance, so,this girl is ok for him.NO problem with understanding each other

As I know she is his GF

FJT
15-08-2010, 22:47
Thanks for your post, I've discovered Alma Salsera.The guy is just amazing, what he can do with just one leg is just unbelievable!

Fibre
15-08-2010, 23:14
:thumbsup:

Darya Alexandrovna
15-08-2010, 23:36
U have very strange idea what the latina girl must be, looks like i need to do body-building
I wonder what kind of appearance do u have in this case???

I didn't say this about appearence! How do you imagine her doing belly dance with this appearence?!
It's about movements!))) Her arms movements are too mild and soft, and a 'Z' posture of hand.... Brrrrrrrrr
Well,regarding me, I did ballroom dance in the past,both LA and European, so I am quite energetic at a dancefloor,enjoy to steal the show and hopefully use my arms well;)

Darya Alexandrovna
15-08-2010, 23:40

Ah, probably that is a reason!;)

TolkoRaz
15-08-2010, 23:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE8TSUfV1Tk

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :inlove:

Real words not needed! :iloveyou:

Darya Alexandrovna
15-08-2010, 23:46
:idea:Huray!
I finally got it!
She's moving her arms from a shoulder, not from a body. That's why this effect comes. It's a way beginners do. But it's ok, he'll definetly teach her;)

Lady Lana
16-09-2010, 11:26
Ok, looks like now I need a salsa dance partner. I went to a salsa class yesterday and there's a lack of male partners there. Anyone wants to join?

bob
16-09-2010, 14:42
Maybe you should come to the Karma Bar, every Monday & Thursday from 7 pm. They have a beginners group and a good mix of both Males & Females.

bibi999
17-09-2010, 01:55

Totally agree with you, Darya.

Moreover, i think that to learn how to dance salsa for a man is harder than for a woman.

As far as I know there are few salsa trends, Los-Angeles, New York and cosina. May be, there are others

bibi999
17-09-2010, 02:10

I like the girl's figure, though, I don't like her face very much. As dancing is concerned, I think, she dances greately - softly and energetically at the same time. So, her dance is well-balanced, which is such a s a rary thing.

bibi999
17-09-2010, 02:13
Ah, probably that is a reason!;)

Darya,

Judging by all your comments on the girl's dancing you wouldn't like any other girl's dancing either. You look to envy the girl's dancing.

bibi999
17-09-2010, 02:16
YouTube- Сальса (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIHme1oOyC0)

Mario is the best)))

Thank you for such a good video. It's a lot to learn!!!

quincy
17-09-2010, 02:40
Totally agree with you, Darya.

Moreover, i think that to learn how to dance salsa for a man is harder than for a woman.

yes very true. A woman will usually get bored with a male partner who is less experienced, because as we know, the man is expected to take the lead!

Fibre
17-09-2010, 23:39
YouTube - 06 World Salsa Championships: 2nd place on2 division!

quincy
18-09-2010, 02:03
06 World Salsa Championships

interesting to see couples dancing perfectly, but people going to parties usually want to relax, not to 'prove' to other people how much better dancers they are ! It is helpful to observe music shows as they happen in Central/South America. Fun and enjoyment comes more from being spontaneous than getting the steps exactly right
YouTube - La Sonora Dinamita - Carmen, Se me perdió la cadenita

Fibre
18-09-2010, 10:32
interesting to see couples dancing perfectly, but people going to parties usually want to relax, not to 'prove' to other people how much better dancers they are ! It is helpful to observe music shows as they happen in Central/South America. Fun and enjoyment comes more from being spontaneous than getting the steps exactly right
YouTube - La Sonora Dinamita - Carmen, Se me perdi la cadenita (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j75bdNky88U&feature=related)

As for me the right steps are very important as the same to have perfect hands. Of course everything depends on the style of dancing. I have no choice, i can relax my body when i dance, but it doesnt means my movements became more simple, they 'll become more organic, more sexual. Salsa, salsa.....

Fibre
18-09-2010, 10:59
YouTube - Salsa Cubana Styling II - Havana, Cuba

that is real salsa)))

Lady Lana
18-09-2010, 11:35
YouTube - 06 World Salsa Championships: 2nd place on2 division (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ913L-ABeQ&feature=player_embedded#)!

With such vestibular system they could easily fly into space. :)

Fibre
18-09-2010, 11:43
With such vestibular system they could easily fly into space. :)

))) Yeeah, that is the main problem for me, my head is spinning all time...but i can`t stop moving))

quincy
18-09-2010, 12:32
A lot of dancing in Latin America is not in pairs but choreographed. People see the choreography on TV then practise in bars and clubs.
Most people in Brazil (95% or more) don't do salsa!
YouTube - Harmonia Do Samba Mentirosa

Fibre
18-09-2010, 12:48
A lot of dancing in Latin America is not in pairs but choreographed. People see the choreography on TV then practise in bars and clubs.
Most people in Brazil (95% or more) don't do salsa!
YouTube - Harmonia Do Samba Mentirosa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-h0uHDkU5c)

U told about street dances.
U needn`t to learn how to do it profeccional, U just dance.
Why not if it`s so expressive

quincy
22-09-2010, 11:59
Anyone else any advice where to learn the basics???? I really want to learn this:)

you must be busy doing the steps if you haven't had time to report back!