PDA

View Full Version : Expired Visa and Antalya

tolicat
01-06-2005, 12:13
Here's my situation. My 2 year old daughter and I are currently in Russia. We made the mistake of purchasing our airplane tickets from May 19th to June 19th. When we applied for our Visa while we were still in the US, we were told the visa is only for 30 days so our Visa expires on June 17th, since this was 2 days before we left, we had no choice but to come to Russia. Ofcourse, our plane tickets are not refundable.

Anyway, so we're in Russia now and I have been reading this forum as to Visa extensions and I have 2 questions...

1. If we just over stay by 2 days, what kind of fines can I expect to face? How much problem will I have when I try to leave?

2. If I decide to fly to Antalya and stay for a few days to get a new Visa, how much will that cost? What would I need? Where is the Russian Consulate there? Anyone have good discount websites for a trip to Antalya?

Thank you so much for this forum and anyone who replies!

Jenchik
01-06-2005, 18:13
Which airline are you flying with ? I always buy the cheapest airline ticket available (non-changeable, non-refundable etc, etc) and yet, have on many, many occasions managed to change the dates either by pleading and begging or by paying a supplement of approx $50. In your situation, the airline should be pretty sympathetic. I really wouldn't overstay your visa - this is pretty serious and you might be held up at the airport and end up missing your flight and having to buy a brand new ticket anyway. It used to be possible to extend your visa by a few days at UVIR, but I don't know whether they still do that. Good Luck !

equalizer
01-06-2005, 18:46
what do you want ,to extend your visa in russia befroe flying back or to do a new one at the cheapest price,why go to turkey?

shakhoven
02-06-2005, 08:45
Here's my situation. My 2 year old daughter and I are currently in Russia. We made the mistake of purchasing our airplane tickets from May 19th to June 19th. When we applied for our Visa while we were still in the US, we were told the visa is only for 30 days so our Visa expires on June 17th, since this was 2 days before we left, we had no choice but to come to Russia. Ofcourse, our plane tickets are not refundable.

Anyway, so we're in Russia now and I have been reading this forum as to Visa extensions and I have 2 questions...

1. If we just over stay by 2 days, what kind of fines can I expect to face? How much problem will I have when I try to leave?

2. If I decide to fly to Antalya and stay for a few days to get a new Visa, how much will that cost? What would I need? Where is the Russian Consulate there? Anyone have good discount websites for a trip to Antalya?

Thank you so much for this forum and anyone who replies!

I have posted a similar question on this forum.
My 5-year-old son would overstay 3 weeks, though!! I am still in the USA, but when we get to Russia (on June 14th), my first step will be going to a local OVIR and talk to them about doing something with my son's visa. If this plan fails, then I am going to get a hospital note saying that I was "sick" for 3 weeks and, therefore, my son could not but overstay his visa. It's hard to believe that they wouldn't have regulations concerning emergency situations -after all, people do get sick from time to time.
Good luck!

tolicat
02-06-2005, 10:30
Okay, so overstaying my Visa is a bad idea...

As for your question, my ticket in on Aeroflot.

I have another idea... I was thinking of flying to Antalya before my Visa expires, and fly into Moscow on the date of my return ticket to the US and just transfer flights without leaving the airport. I think I should not have any problems with that.

I want to go to Antalya just for a little break in Turkey...

So anyone for good travel agent suggestions in Moscow?

equalizer
02-06-2005, 10:37
Okay, so overstaying my Visa is a bad idea...

As for your question, my ticket in on Aeroflot.

I have another idea... I was thinking of flying to Antalya before my Visa expires, and fly into Moscow on the date of my return ticket to the US and just transfer flights without leaving the airport. I think I should not have any problems with that.

I want to go to Antalya just for a little break in Turkey...

So anyone for good travel agent suggestions in Moscow?
i would suggest tez tour or mos travel as they have the major blocks on the charters to turkey ,antalya,however usually they are for min 1 week stays or you can try gaa travel for visa extensions ,see forum search for number.

elengin
03-06-2005, 18:56
According to my experience,OVIR extends visa only for 10 days in emergency cases (proved with appropriate docs).