PDA

View Full Version : i noticed

nathan_sundar
31-05-2005, 16:14
I noticed there are no members who would like to talk about cricket and F1(my favourites). If some body is there i'd like to welcome them to this thread. Lets talk about those. Guess most of us from UK and USA so you should be talking more about cricket and F1 than now.

peyote
31-05-2005, 16:22
watery baseball for sissies (aka criket) is not popular in the US where they got the real thing (aka baseball). thank you.

Sapientia
31-05-2005, 17:19
Hmm, let me see:

Baseball: hit the batsman, batsmen get a free "walk" to base, no need to face another pitch, usually results in entire team getting upset and and all in brawl.

Cricket: hitting the batsmen often a deliberate tactic and encouraged, even applauded in the name of intimidatory bowling. No free run, no way to walk away from facing the next delivery unless you are leaving in an ambulance.

Now which of the two sports is for sissies?

TQ
31-05-2005, 17:24
Nathan,

where i come from people do enjoy cycling at the gym....wanna talk about it?

Lled
31-05-2005, 17:25
Hmm, let me see:

Baseball: hit the batsman, batsmen get a free "walk" to base, no need to face another pitch, usually results in entire team getting upset and and all in brawl.

Cricket: hitting the batsmen often a deliberate tactic and encouraged, even applauded in the name of intimidatory bowling. No free run, no way to walk away from facing the next delivery unless you are leaving in an ambulance.

Very well presented.

Random
31-05-2005, 17:28
I noticed there are no members who would like to talk about cricket and F1(my favourites). If some body is there i'd like to welcome them to this thread. Lets talk about those. Guess most of us from UK and USA so you should be talking more about cricket and F1 than now.

Could be because your thrush ......

:suspect:

nathan_sundar
31-05-2005, 17:28
Hmm, let me see:

i think this is the best way to say how cricket is much better than baseball. Thank god i got one cricket fan in here.

peyote
31-05-2005, 18:00
Very well presented.indeed, only the word is "batter", not batsman.

now, imagine this: a batsman facing a baseball pitcher... or a baseball slugger facing a bowler... ha!

Lled
31-05-2005, 18:07
He'd get a googly right up his fat american a*se.

peyote
31-05-2005, 18:15
He'd get a ggogly right up his fat american a*se.:D

soņar es gratis.

Sapientia
31-05-2005, 18:21
now, imagine this: a batsman facing a baseball pitcher... or a baseball slugger facing a bowler... ha!

Welcome to bring any baseballer down to the nets at the MGU stadium on a Sat/Sun morning. We'd love to bowl a few down to him (and most likely a couple at him).

What's that funny thing you guys wear on one hand? Is that to stop you feeling any pain when catch the nasty hard ball? :)

nathan_sundar
31-05-2005, 18:48
I think so. Lets bowl them out. As being a bowler . I'm looking forward for that. And bring in the base ball PITCHER and we will show you what we are capable of.

Judge
31-05-2005, 21:16
Was into F1 in a hardcore way a few years back,been to silverstone a few times but i have lost interest nowadays...
I watch the first 5 mins of a race and catch the pit stops and that is it...

saurabh
31-05-2005, 23:40
cricket is for real men dudes!!!
and being a fast bowler myself,I sure can send ome of those sissy baseball batters for a homerun or two myself!!!!
lets have it--"batters" vs bowlers what do u say guys???

nathan_sundar
01-06-2005, 23:08
cricket is for real men dudes!!!
and being a fast bowler myself,I sure can send ome of those sissy baseball batters for a homerun or two myself!!!!
lets have it--"batters" vs bowlers what do u say guys???

I say thats the way to go. Let them come. Tell me the place and time and i'll be there right on time. Any one there ?????????????????????? Base Ballers???????????????

legspreader
02-06-2005, 12:21
Hmm, let me see:

not a huge fan of baseball and dont really know cricket at all. but dont batsmen in cricket wear a cage and protective gear

nathan_sundar
02-06-2005, 16:06
not a huge fan of baseball and dont really know cricket at all. but dont batsmen in cricket wear a cage and protective gear

Less than those used by the base ball batters. And protective gears worn not be the fielders to catch the ball except for the keeper unlike base ball. As a matter of fact the ball in base ball is thrown to the hip size of the player. If you do that in cricket. The ball will travel out of the stadium. Pity we are not previlaged to get such easy balls. Guess you'll understand when you watch really what the heck is cricket. Any way base ball is also a great game and i respect that. i've even played some times for fun.

moscowmail
02-06-2005, 16:20
Get off the fence NS, jeez, I have never seen such a weak willed child....

Baseball and cricket different games, don't understand either, kinda like to watch them both tho

Timothy
02-06-2005, 18:07
watery baseball for sissies (aka criket) is not popular in the US where they got the real thing (aka baseball). thank you.

Baseball is basically gay. Never seen the point of it myself.

legspreader
02-06-2005, 18:58
Less than those used by the base ball batters. And protective gears worn not be the fielders to catch the ball except for the keeper unlike base ball. As a matter of fact the ball in base ball is thrown to the hip size of the player. If you do that in cricket. The ball will travel out of the stadium. Pity we are not previlaged to get such easy balls. Guess you'll understand when you watch really what the heck is cricket. Any way base ball is also a great game and i respect that. i've even played some times for fun.
actually batters in baseball bet a maskless helmet, compairing where the ball is thrown in cricket and baseball is irrelavant as pointed out by mm different game different rules. me dont have much time for either sport. i'd prefer to spend my time watching or playing rugby or american football personally

nathan_sundar
02-06-2005, 19:11
actually batters in baseball bet a maskless helmet, compairing where the ball is thrown in cricket and baseball is irrelavant as pointed out by mm different game different rules. me dont have much time for either sport. i'd prefer to spend my time watching or playing rugby or american football personally

That is a valuble point you said. I made this thread to talk about cricket and F1 and not Base ball Vs. Cricket . Hope . We are putting a full stop for the debate between baseball and cricket.

Every one Just talk about cricket and F1 please.

nathan_sundar
02-06-2005, 20:00
Nathan,

where i come from people do enjoy cycling at the gym....wanna talk about it?

I Like cycling but Here i dont have a cycle. May be you lend me yours ?

About talking. Sure i'm ready to talk about cycling. Thts some thing i know a little about.

Edith
07-06-2005, 08:17
Basball is nothing to do with cricket, its just rounders in fancy dress. Rounders is game British girls play at school, much the same as baseball only not being total pansies girls do not have all this protective clothing.

Cricket on the other hand is more to do with the way of Zen than sport, its a sort of English martial art.

Sapientia
07-06-2005, 15:17
The English play it like a martial art?

I think like a 3am drunk wildly swinging haymakers and missing each time is more accurate. :)

(prays that the Ashes series doesn't force him to eat his words)

Lled
07-06-2005, 15:18

I think like a 3am drunk wildly swinging haymakers and missing each time is more accurate. :)

Someone pass the A4

Sapientia
07-06-2005, 15:40
And I guess here would be the place to casually mention that the Australians are also currently the holders of the MASHES (Moscow Ashes)

Ned Kelly
07-06-2005, 21:24

come on mate, no need to rub the carping bastards' faces in it!

anyway, let's have a little decorum. peyote is a lion of a dude and sapientia (i gather) an australian so there's middle ground here - and it goes by the name of ian chappel. captain of australia and would-be baseballer. two great games combined in one great competitor.

trebor
07-06-2005, 22:01

peyote,

all the history i have read points to the fact that baseball was born out of cricket!

trebor
07-06-2005, 22:04
Was into F1 in a hardcore way a few years back,been to silverstone a few times but i have lost interest nowadays...
I watch the first 5 mins of a race and catch the pit stops and that is it...

I used to be into F1 but sort of lost interest recently.
Although they have shaken the rules up a little recently and Ferrari and Shoemaker are not the dead certs they once were.

Anyone remember Mansel, Prost and Senna? That was formular one! :)

nathan_sundar
07-06-2005, 22:38
I used to be into F1 but sort of lost interest recently.
Although they have shaken the rules up a little recently and Ferrari and Shoemaker are not the dead certs they once were.

Anyone remember Mansel, Prost and Senna? That was formular one! :)

Yes I do. Never get to watch them live, though. I read about them in formula one website and watched recorded video of their races. Comparitively the cars where slower, but they were good. I read that the 88 World championship was the best of all. 15 races of 16 won by Mclaren-Honda and senna wins over his team mate prost (8 & 7 race respectively). Pity I couldnt see those races.

Ned Kelly
09-06-2005, 11:27
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005260486,00.html

SpruceGoose
09-06-2005, 12:25
You dont want the poms too intimidated........

Then again perhaps the bird who painted it met him in a bar late at night the first time.

I just hope someones explaining to Shane that he doesnt need to send text messages to the girls he meets in the pub.