PDA

View Full Version : Local movers

Vee
30-05-2005, 19:45
I need to find reliable movers (moving locally). Can anyone recommend a good reliable company (that does not charge the earth ...) please?
Many thanks!

equalizer
30-05-2005, 20:36
I need to find reliable movers (moving locally). Can anyone recommend a good reliable company (that does not charge the earth ...) please?
Many thanks!
do you speak russian,or have anyone who can do it on your behalf ,i had a lot of experiance doing this while building my appartment and the final move in russian firms charges per item,ie chair tv then also per floor if it doent fit in the elevator.there are a lot of russian firms .try the russian papers or if your really stuck pm and i will sort out a contact

Vee
30-05-2005, 21:13
Thanks!
I do speak Russian, and will try calling some of the companies I got off the net. Thing is, I need them to pack (carefully!) my stuff, and try not to ruin it if at all possible ... :-)

equalizer
30-05-2005, 21:22
Thanks!
I do speak Russian, and will try calling some of the companies I got off the net. Thing is, I need them to pack (carefully!) my stuff, and try not to ruin it if at all possible ... :-)
the firms i used actually send a manager to supervise the packing and they even offer to pay for damages,but you must be present during the whole procedure,unfortuatley i have not the firm i but as you speak the lingo you a can negotiate a good deal.

Olga Ten
30-05-2005, 21:32
Dear Vee,
I work with the relocation company. But I could say you that when we relocate the local items, we do not pack the items because it would be very expensive for the customer. We wrapped the furniture items and bring some boxes for the smaller one.
You could call to every mover in Moscow and they say you the same information.
I have worked before with one large mover in Moscow and now proceed with the same but in another company.

We make a good packing only for export moves. Wooden crates are also available.

If it's interesting for you, please PM me.

Kind rgds,
Olga

Picante
14-06-2005, 20:21
Like Vee, right now I am in the same situation. I am looking for a reliable moving company. Can anybody advise/recommend me one (I am moving within Moscow). Any help will be appreciated.

NickR
14-06-2005, 20:32
Allied Pickfords are good - used them myself a few months ago to box everything, move it and then unpack it. They even keep the shirts on hangers and hang them in special boxes. Quite impressed.

Call Barbara Spier or Vladislav Dubov on 796 9325.

Pobman
14-06-2005, 20:43
Will second Pickfords... cheaper than many Russian companies and with real insurance. Used them twice.

Olga Ten
14-06-2005, 23:28
As Vee probably could tell you that her relocation with our Company was good enough.

I knew move market for a long time and try to do my best to answer to your questions.
Please send me PM for more information.

The usual procedure for the local move includes:
- part packing of your goods,
- transportation to the new residence,
- unloading of the goods,
- location of the items upon your request at new place,
- picking up of the debris and empty boxes.

I would really glad if my advises about local move could be helpful for your attention.

Kind rgds,
Olga Ten