PDA

View Full Version : HURRAH!!!! it is pouring in Strogino

Benedikt
06-08-2010, 00:06
we just had a big thunderstorm and lots of rain and it is still softly raining.:)

Is this a 'local' event, apparently yesterday there was a thunderstorm around Rublovka, but nothing here.

Rain anywhere else?:thumbsup:

tvadim133
06-08-2010, 00:07
Lucky!

One hour ago there started a new wave of Smoke in Tsaritsino!

waxyweller
06-08-2010, 00:09
RAIN PLEASE FALL IN NOVOGIREEVO !!! WE NEED RAIN FOREST RAIN HERE ...GOD POUR UR SHOWER ON US PLIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:11088:

Voodoo
06-08-2010, 00:11
Very strong smell of smoke over here in Krylatskoye and then Benedikt's thrunder storm (serious lightning, eh?) hit us. Lets hope it brings us some fresh air.

martpark
06-08-2010, 00:43
I'm with you Benedikt! Lots of lightening strikes then glorious rain...still raining now. Let's hope it gets around the rest of Russia.

tvadim133
06-08-2010, 00:46
I'm with you Benedikt! Lots of lightening strikes then glorious rain...still raining now. Let's hope it gets around the rest of Russia.

What area do you live?

martpark
06-08-2010, 00:48
What area do you live?

Sorry to disappoint...Shchukino right next to Strogino.

tvadim133
06-08-2010, 00:50
Sorry to disappoint...Shchukino right next to Strogino.

too far from my location.... :(

So no hope!

Willy
06-08-2010, 01:43
No rain for us here, still lots of smoke though.

Taganka.

BrandonL
06-08-2010, 10:46
we had 7 drops of rain at Dinamo,

and so much dense smoke I can't see past my own nose right now(

Benedikt
06-08-2010, 14:32
we just had a big thunderstorm and lots of rain and it is still softly raining.:)

Is this a 'local' event, apparently yesterday there was a thunderstorm around Rublovka, but nothing here.

Rain anywhere else?:thumbsup:
of course a thunder storm that lasts an hour will not do anything. the smog is so bad we can not see the building across the street. the worst of the worst.

Angym
06-08-2010, 19:44
I didn’t notice any rain at the Leninsky prospect at night and now nothing ((( I hardly can observe surround buildings… I guess rain does not help (

martpark
06-08-2010, 19:53
I didn’t notice any rain at the Leninsky prospect at night and now nothing ((( I hardly can observe surround buildings… I guess rain does not help (

The rain helps but it has to rain in the right places. Also the wind creates different problems for different people.

Benedikt
06-08-2010, 21:46
The rain helps but it has to rain in the right places. Also the wind creates different problems for different people.
masks yes but not the way 'we' do it.
this little light blue things that many people are wearing now are for the birds and just enrich the chemists and factories. They are so thin, they are basically no use at all. According to CORRECT instructions, you should change them every 2 hours. That's as long as they last. Also they should be WET in order to keep out at least a little bit of the smoke and other things we inhale. so how to moisten them every 5 minutes. Anything that will help. are these big white things you get in spare part and paint shops, they are used by painters and construction workers. but they are ugly and our pretty girls for sure will not walk down Tverskaya with something on their face that looks like more Darth Vader in white then anything else.
So, I don't even bother with these little paper masks, the price is right up in the sky again.
Today Strogino was very bad, could not see even 500 m. But when I went to the center later during the day, i got an even greater shock. From the Mayakovskaya Statue I could not see the Peking hotel. Very bad indeed. And nothing there to improve things?

Willy
06-08-2010, 22:03
Some of these look good

http://totobobo.com/index.html

Amazon.com: Respro Techno Contour Face Mask - Large: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AxGd5RggL.@@AMEPARAM@@41AxGd5RggL

Angym
06-08-2010, 23:00
masks yes but not the way 'we' do it.
this little light blue things that many people are wearing now are for the birds and just enrich the chemists and factories. They are so thin, they are basically no use at all. According to CORRECT instructions, you should change them every 2 hours. That's as long as they last. Also they should be WET in order to keep out at least a little bit of the smoke and other things we inhale. so how to moisten them every 5 minutes. Anything that will help. are these big white things you get in spare part and paint shops, they are used by painters and construction workers. but they are ugly and our pretty girls for sure will not walk down Tverskaya with something on their face that looks like more Darth Vader in white then anything else.
So, I don't even bother with these little paper masks, the price is right up in the sky again.
Today Strogino was very bad, could not see even 500 m. But when I went to the center later during the day, i got an even greater shock. From the Mayakovskaya Statue I could not see the Peking hotel. Very bad indeed. And nothing there to improve things?

It is difficult to make mask wet, I tried today …
Mask is not the best variant, but it is better than nothing, I suppose.

And It ‘s really pity, that (here in Russia) we don’t have appropriate equipment to protect the respiratory system and tradition to wear at least masks, like the Japanese do it, for a instance. But I see today maybe every tenth person was in mask….

martpark
13-08-2010, 00:47
ONce again a downpour in Strogino...with heavy lightening for effect.

Willy
13-08-2010, 00:57
I see lightning. Got to hope for the best.

Benedikt
13-08-2010, 09:52
ONce again a downpour in Strogino...with heavy lightening for effect.

our good mayor returns from vacation, takes control, and even the weather does what it is supposed to do (raining that is....) But saw on the 9 o'clock news there are still other regions where fires are still raging,:9456: maybe we should send him there to help out?:locked:

martpark
13-08-2010, 10:16
our good mayor returns from vacation, takes control, and even the weather does what it is supposed to do (raining that is....) But saw on the 9 o'clock news there are still other regions where fires are still raging,:9456: maybe we should send him there to help out?:locked:

I was thinking the same. If he can't shower them with rain, at least some rubles from the wife's coat pockets.