PDA

View Full Version : June Theme??

straun
29-05-2005, 19:19
So whats the theme for June? Have we decided yet?

Lled
29-05-2005, 19:27
I thought it was "photos of Nightbird", maybe I was wrong - Hal?

Braders
29-05-2005, 19:27
I think we should hold them fortnightly, i don't like waiting a whole month and i want a Blue Ribbon!

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 21:35
thats true braders. I was thyinking more like weekly . But we dont have that many users i guess to participate . so evrey fortnight is a very good option. I vote for you Mr.Braders.

straun
29-05-2005, 23:56
Is there a way to ignore (make invisible) all posts from a particular annoying user?

Halyavshik
30-05-2005, 08:06
Sorry, folks, we should have done this last week, so let's see if we can get a consensus or majority today and tomorrow, and go from there.

Ideas I'd throw out: flora, children, open B&W, sunsets/sunrises, and animals

Vote, throw out your own suggestion and let's try to agree by tomorrow day's end.

Regards,
Hal

Lled
30-05-2005, 08:45
There are already an awful lot of sunrises/sunsets around so maybe not that one...

How about anything to do with nighttime/nightlife type of shots.

Lights, bars, people stumbling out of bars, people stumbling into lights at night that sort of thing...???

Any takers there? Hal?

Lled
30-05-2005, 08:48
Is there a way to ignore (make invisible) all posts from a particular annoying user?

Go to User CP (top left of your screen). at the bottom of the left hand menu you will then see Buddy/Ignore Lists, click there and do what it says.

Kingwillhe
30-05-2005, 09:12
I'll float this idea just to get people thinking about it since it might be difficult, but how about "then and now"? Here's what this looked like "then", and here it is "now". You old dogs should shine on this one.

Other than that I would like to see fashion. Skirts! Lots of them!!

Lled
30-05-2005, 09:53
I'll float this idea just to get people thinking about it since it might be difficult, but how about "then and now"? Here's what this looked like "then", and here it is "now". You old dogs should shine on this one.

Other than that I would like to see fashion. Skirts! Lots of them!!

Fashion sounds good too. Any excuse to go stalk birds coming out of Tsum this week is good with me...

tiktokman
30-05-2005, 10:56
How about just "night time" - that leaves plenty of room for creativity...

kniga
31-05-2005, 10:17
Hal,

How about "Most Unusual Photo" any subject as a theme?

Random
31-05-2005, 10:18
Fashion sounds good too. Any excuse to go stalk birds coming out of Tsum this week is good with me...

This varies from your normal week how ??

:)

Halyavshik
01-06-2005, 09:42
Fashion birds coming out of Tsum

Why, just yesterday I noticed a Ash-throated Red Flycatcher and a Bay Breasted Warbler.

Ok, I'm not hearing any concensus here, folks. Really, we probably should have held a poll, but, since I've been a little busy these past two weeks, I'm afraid I'm just gonna randomly pick a category, and hope y'all do right by it (you've done it every month so far, afterall).

So, I'll post it in a separate thread (and leave you on this post with a tad bit of suspense).

Love, hugs, kisses, and happy shooting,
Hal

Lled
01-06-2005, 09:44
This varies from your normal week how ??

:)

The fact that they'll be well dressed as opposed to the usual skanky stuff I stalk off the side streets of Belorusskaya

kniga
01-06-2005, 10:29
Hal,

Where's the separate thread going to be? And when? It's already June 1st and photogs are anxious to get started on this month's contest. What's the matter, having a real job interfering with your expat duties? :-) :-) :-)

Halyavshik
01-06-2005, 10:50
Hal,

Where's the separate thread going to be? And when?

It was posted 28 minutes before you posted this question ! It's very aptly titled "June Picture of the Month Contest" and is currently one thread below this one.

sparky
01-06-2005, 13:17
It was posted 28 minutes before you posted this question ! It's very aptly titled "June Picture of the Month Contest" and is currently one thread below this one.

You see Hal, if you are going to hide it away with a misleading thread title what do you expect?