PDA

View Full Version : Here are some photos i have

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 15:38
I guess you will enjoy this.

Pic Deleted by Mod

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:25
this is sunrise in the arabian sea shore of lakshadweep islands (INDIA)

pic deleted by mods

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:27
thsi is from the 14th tower of the great wall of china 1999 december

pic deleted

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:28
this is also the same great wall of china

Pic deleted

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:30
this is the cocunut trees of lakshadweep islands

Pic Deleted

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:32
this is in the tree national park i guess . sure is in california though.

pic deleted

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:33
dawn in newyork

Pic deleted

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:36
This is the LTTE controlled part of Srilanka - Jaffna. The island in between is locally called as the ghost Island.This is actually Back waters.

Pic Deleted

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:37
this one from costa rica.

Pic Deleted

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:39
Venice is in Uganda?

Pic Deleted

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:40
this is moon on the new year eve Kansas city 1998.

Pic Deleted

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 18:41
so now people put in some new pictures. I'm waiting to see your comments.

Nightbird
29-05-2005, 19:06
i've already seen... nice pictures.

and i can present here mine. i made it using my mobile phone in the suburb of Moscow

Nightbird
29-05-2005, 19:07
and this one

boscoe
29-05-2005, 22:44
I guess you will enjoy this.

Nathan I’d ring you lawyer if I was you! There’s a guy called Aman Kansal ( http://www.ee.ucla.edu/~kansal/ ) who is claiming he took that photo!

http://www.ee.ucla.edu/~kansal/pics/india2003/

And the Jacob Rohrbach Inn are using one of your others! http://www.jacob-rohrbach-inn.com/todo.htm

And don't forget Jeff Booth http://www.ps.uci.edu/~booth/photos.html

The cheek of some people! Fancy claiming they took your photos!

nathan_sundar
29-05-2005, 23:29
I never said those are mine. I said i have some photos and i think its not mandatory for every one to have only the photos they took themselves i guess. i just felt those photos were good and you people will enjoy them.I didnt think it was wrong or some thing like that. If you want i'll remove them or as a admin you can remove them yourself. I think the first option is better. by the way i was just telling nightbird to see the photo as i photographed to impress her and nothing else and in this whole thread i never said that i photographed that. Later i'll put thew photograpths which i really photographed.

straun
30-05-2005, 00:08
First of all, when you use someone else's work product you are infringing on their copyright, whether you say it is your or not. Second, all the people who post pictures here, have posted their own pictures, shot with their camera. You come along and post several pictures and try to pass it off as yours. Even if you didn't expressly say "this are mine", it is assumed you would post your own pictures. You should remove "your" photos immediately. Nice try. Good catch Boscoe, how did you track those down?

Nightbird
30-05-2005, 01:11
straun, i don't agree with you. for example, your avatar was not created by you yourself, you copied it, too. your avatar is produced by someone else, but nobody insists on stopping to use it.

Sundar doesn't use these photos to get any benefit and he's already said that he hadn't tell anyone that the photos belongs to him.

it's a debatable question, so it's not necessary to remove them

straun
30-05-2005, 01:42
Obviously my avatar was not created by me. However, there is one key difference. My avatar photo and hundreds of others like it are all considered public domain, thus I may use it as I wish.

While Sundar may not benefit economically from the photos he posted, it is not required that one benefit for there to be a copyright violation. He only stated that he did not take the photos until after Boscoe caught him. While it is debatable, I would argue that he did benefit until he was caught, as benefit is not only economical.

Regardless of what you think, I think it unethical to pass something off as your own, when it is not. As I said, this forum is for people to post their OWN pictures. Not the pictures of others found on the internet.

Nightbird
30-05-2005, 02:40
Straun, isn't using these avatars by this public domain (expat.ru) a copyright violation? :rolleyes:

so a lot of people are downloading and copying these photos, not only Sundar. let's caught the other offenders ;) i mean from my point of view this requirement is quite useless because if not Sundar, but another person will copy it. in another domain. so why do we worry about it?

personally i think it's extra advertisement for the authors of these photos and expressing his respect to them.

As I said, this forum is for people to post their OWN pictures. Not the pictures of others found on the internet.

this thread was created by Sundar and he didn't write anything about this aspect. in the title of thread he wrote: "Here are some photos i have" but not "Here are some photos i've taken". he created this thread to post photos that anyone likes, but he didn't specify if they belong to the user or not. just to post photos that you want.

--------------------------------------------------
...but fairly i think that there is a personal intolerance to Sundar...i hope i've mistaken....

straun
30-05-2005, 03:00
Clearly you have no understanding of the concept of "public domain" in the copyright sense. This is not "public domain", public domain are works that are either no longer protected by copyright or never were.

Your second statement is so faulty in logic I will not even waste my time rebutting it.

If he intended to "advertise" for these photographers, then he should have stated where ho got the photos from. A simple link would suffice and would have prevented any hint of plagiarism. Tell me how do you show respect without indicating where respect is due?

Nightbird
30-05-2005, 03:54
straun, are all the posts of this forum protected by copyright? for example,i've copied this picture (you can see it below) from Halyavshik's post, then i changed it a bit and after that i post it again as my own, but i didn't give a link to the original poster (something like "(c) Halyavshik"). did i violated the copyright?

now we're talking about ethical aspect, not legal, i guess.
i think you pay too much attention to the formalities......
he shows his respect only by posting it because if the photos hadn't been good enough he wouldn't have posted them.

--------------------
that's a pity. such a nice thread was spoiled! :cussing: :happymad: :vader: :devil:

straun
30-05-2005, 06:21
"Copyright protection exists from the time the work is created in a fixed, tangible form of expression. The copyright in the work of authorship immediately becomes the property of the author who created the work. Only the author, or those deriving their rights through the author, can rightfully claim copyright. In the case of works made for hire the employer, not the writer, is considered to be the author." Copyright.gov

If you didn't create it and you don't have written permission from the person who did, you should not use it.

Again, your logic is priceless.

moscowmail
30-05-2005, 06:47
For goodness sake NB, he posted and inferred he took them by not acknowledging they were from elsewhere, Straun is right

Len

Kingwillhe
30-05-2005, 07:05
Copyright issues aside…

When I view the Darkroom, I expect to enjoy the work of the sites members as that is its purpose. There is no value in posting other peoples work there except to cause controversy.

If it is the purpose of NS and his side kick to stir things up by bending rules and playing with language, carry on! The weekend is over, I expect other members will now wade in on this and maybe something good will come of it, but I sure am tired of the forums being spammed by narcissistic fluff!

Sadie
30-05-2005, 07:18
First of all, when you use someone else's work product you are infringing on their copyright, whether you say it is your or not. Second, all the people who post pictures here, have posted their own pictures, shot with their camera. You come along and post several pictures and try to pass it off as yours. Even if you didn't expressly say "this are mine", it is assumed you would post your own pictures. You should remove "your" photos immediately. Nice try. Good catch Boscoe, how did you track those down?

for goodness sake, people, you are getting too serious :nut: so each time we post naked asses and tits in Badak we are expected to post names of their authors along with owners' as well??????????? what copirights r u talkin' about? :D or we all took a mission to bring NS up here? He tried to be nice kinda thing, maybe once in his life :p

to track the pic u plain get the name from the pic's properties and search 4 the name of the file in net

moscowmail
30-05-2005, 07:29
Hey Sadie :)

I think the point is that NS gets into these things and kinda acts way to childish...

The Copyrite thing isn't the main critiscm, it is the way NS and his lovebird are using this forum as a school playground, tha's all :)

Sadie
30-05-2005, 07:57
I think the point is that NS gets into these things and kinda acts way to childish...
shame on him, Lennie!! fortunately we never do ;)

Halyavshik
30-05-2005, 08:02
Ok, I'm posting this and closing this thread. There's really no debate on this issue:

Sundar/Nightbird/and anyone else that doesn't think that was wrong,

This forum is for your own photos. Not ones you didn't take. Let's make that explicitly clear right now. I find it hard to believe that anyone could have misinterpreted that.

If you've read even a couple of the other threads in here, you know people post their own shots. I think it's plagiarism, it's dishonest, and it won't fly in here.

Do it again, and you're banned from this folder (at a minimum).

End of discussion.

Regards,
Hal