PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Maniac security!

Primus
29-05-2005, 04:24
On March 27, 2005 my friends and I had the misfortune to visit Art-Garbage (Zapasnik) club. Unparalleled hostility and stepping far beyond authority demonstrated to us by club's security service have put us off this place forever. Would you still ever wish to visit this club, mind you that despite the innocent name, this place might meet you with quite a criminal atmosphere.

This was near the closing time; I've been waiting for by bill and change. At this moment 2 security guards approached me and rudely requested to clear
off the place immediately, selecting me from quite clear ca number of people still present in the club. I tried to humbly explain them that I was simply waiting for my money.

Apparently that was the fact that I didn't wish to go WITHOUT my change and asked them to call for some people from administration, which unexpectedly enraged these scums and made them start beating me.

The whole scene took place right near the table I've been sitting at, before all the visitors' very eyes. Moreover, some guys hurried to help the security to beat me, and as we learned later, this reinforcement included the guards' pals, having nothing in common with the club at all.

In a couple of minutes my friends returned from the dancing floor, saw me flattened at the ground surrounded by security guards and their buddies giving me kicks with their legs. My friends tried to calm down and bring hooligans to reason, but this lead only to kicks and blows given to my friends too. One got a blow of a chair to his head, and then thrown to the floor and beaten.

This is what we've got in the upshot: 2 concussions of the brain, facial slash, head injury, multiple bruises on faces and bodies. We have all the proper
medical protocols to confirm that.

If you wonder what the story finally came to, we can tell you that literally nothing happened. Security guards, who have beaten us, still carry on their
dangerous service at the same positions. No official apologies came from club's administration. I suppose this to be the most striking thing in the whole
story.

You can read discussion on this topic in Russian at:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/ru_restaurants/296592.html

Cherokee
30-05-2005, 09:39
Would be interesting to know, what security company the guards work for.

veejay
30-05-2005, 11:28
that is unreal...used to go there quite frequently, particularly in the summer...might have to rethink that...

hope you are healing alright...

Free Man
30-05-2005, 21:16
Art-Garbage (Zapasnik) club

Have been there, several times. I don't know, in a way what you are typing sounds real, and in another way, maybe you were drunk off your ass and were giving them shit, for which I would believe they would act in such a way.

I understand your frustration, but perhaps you are not giving us the full story and details. I've seen people get beat up here and overseas, but there's usually a reason, maybe you winked at one of the security, and that ticked him off.

Then again, trying to better understand you, you posted this today, and this happened two months ago... why wait so long? Are you posting this up becuase you didn't receive an answer and just want to voice out your frustration?

You posted this up in other places too:
http://eng.moscowout.ru/eda/restaurants/676/comments/

Did you check out their contact numbers? Did you call the gen dir?
http://www.art-garbage.ru/
http://www.art-garbage.ru/person.html

Chubby Hubby
31-05-2005, 13:45
I thought this post was going to be about security services that could protect me from maniacs. I'm sure that Catherine Zeta-Jones and David Letterman both use such a service.

Primus
02-06-2005, 14:10
... but perhaps you are not giving us the full story and details. I've
seen people get beat up here and overseas, but there's usually a
reason, maybe you winked at one of the security, and that ticked him
off.Itís possibly hard to believe, but I really thoroughly described the start of the accident. If it didnít really happen to me, I probably had some doubt about what was going on. By the way, it was my second time there (and the last one!), and I didnít have any trouble like that before. Spending my time at the club, I didnít have problem with anyone, no misconduct, or whatsoever. When two guards came to me and said get out, I sat at the table, waiting for change from waiter, calmly (my friends were on the dance floor at the time). One of the guards hit me after I shouted ďHands off!Ē Other people, sitting next to my table, witnessed the situation. You can read their posts on net in Russian.

Hypothetically, if I behaved myself ill at the club, but I really didnítÖ Do you really think they in a crowd had permission to kick me, lying on the floor, showing no resistance?!

Then again, trying to better understand you, you posted this today, and
this happened two months ago... why wait so long? Are you posting this
up because you didn't receive an answer and just want to voice out your
frustration?
Did you check out their contact numbers? Did you call the gen dir?Sure, I called contact numbers they posted on their website. I contacted with Yelena Shershova, the club manager. We had a conversation not long ago, a month after the accident. Earlier, anonymous official of the club posted in the live journal, that if the administration of the club find someone guilty, he will be punished. She said that it was posted by the club official. She also said that those guards stay working for the club, regardless of what was going on. Reluctantly, she agreed that the guards exceeded their authority, but didnít excuse herself. We, as victims, canít be satisfied with such a position of the administration. Yes, you can say that we "want to voice out our frustration"...