PDA

View Full Version : i need imported ciggaretes

nathan_sundar
28-05-2005, 18:55
I need imported ciggaretes from either UK or From India. any one know how to do that. Its just for my personal use not for my friends. Can it be sent by post? Should i be paying some tax? any idea?

every one said that There bis no shop in moscow except for tyhe dutyfree shops to buy imported ciggaretes in moscow. Is it true?

I want 555.

Chubby Hubby
30-05-2005, 00:26
Try your embassy. I buy cloves at Indonesia's. There's a thought; does the UK embassy sell Marmite, or the Aussie Embassy sell Vegemite? That would make a lot of fussy eaters very happy.

RDV
30-05-2005, 18:29
Somebody with enough $$$ has to open an expat store! A Russian version along the lines of Trader Joe's. Loved that place in California. They had items from all over the world (I was shocked -- in a pleasant way -- when I found a mushroom salad from Lithuania there one time).

Just how many expats are willing to pay extra to get certain things right here in Moscow instead of flying to London or NY! (Or writing endless threads about how much they suffer without their favourite food :p )

veejay
30-05-2005, 18:33
a few years ago, a friend of mine tried to send me a couple of cartons from the US of my favourite cigs (American Spirits, and I think it was 3 cartons). DHL phoned and said that it was above the limit allowed and that the duty on the cigs would have been twice that of shipping and the price in Manhattan (last time I was there, $8.50 / pack!). So, they sent them back to my friend...

Checking with embassies is a great idea...

Trader Joe's....Man!!! you're killing me!!!

peyote
30-05-2005, 18:41
i got some hand made imported cigarettes that will make your life easier on the forum. trust me.

RDV
30-05-2005, 19:06
i got some hand made imported cigarettes that will make your life easier on the forum. trust me.

Are you promoting your own brand? :D

lene
30-05-2005, 22:00
Prospekt Mira N*4, Metro Sukharevskaya , they have Tabaccos,Cigars ....

nathan_sundar
31-05-2005, 02:17

tell me more about this please.

bari
31-05-2005, 14:23
Look at you PM box, I sent you a number. I use that Guy for my stuffs.
Bari

I need imported ciggaretes from either UK or From India. any one know how to do that. Its just for my personal use not for my friends. Can it be sent by post? Should i be paying some tax? any idea?

every one said that There bis no shop in moscow except for tyhe dutyfree shops to buy imported ciggaretes in moscow. Is it true?

I want 555.

Tim Ockwell
01-06-2005, 17:42

I want 555.

I have been buying State Express 555's in Moscow for the last 9 years and find them freely available in 1 out of 2 kiosks - except in the centre. They cost 38 r in my local rynok and 40 to 45 r in kiosks near centre e.g. immediately outside Tsvetnoi Bulvar metro.

nathan_sundar
01-06-2005, 18:56
I have been buying State Express 555's in Moscow for the last 9 years and find them freely available in 1 out of 2 kiosks - except in the centre. They cost 38 r in my local rynok and 40 to 45 r in kiosks near centre e.g. immediately outside Tsvetnoi Bulvar metro.

but they are made in russia. I kinda fed up With the russian tobacco. I like the taste of Indian and British tobacco. I think the russian tobacco is kinda 2nd class.

TQ
01-06-2005, 19:01
but they are made in russia. I kinda fed up With the russian tobacco. I like the taste of Indian and British tobacco. I think the russian tobacco is kinda 2nd class.

Ever considering Turkish blend? My co-worker is heading off to Turkey next week. Apply, if interested.

veejay
01-06-2005, 19:38
right on, brotha...:respect: