PDA

View Full Version : I weep for the future

Ghost
27-05-2005, 10:55
The Russians are coming?? (http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518,357628,00.html)

Lled
27-05-2005, 11:00
High time for genetic engineering

Chubby Hubby
27-05-2005, 22:08
Ever see the Onion article 'Retro-Crazed German Youths Invade Poland?'

tbill
30-05-2005, 00:53
High unemplyment drove the last time that Germany had a bout of nationalism. I doubt it is going to be anywhere near as bad. I think what this shows is Germany has repressed its national identity for so long that there is a backlash. I think they should let the neo-nazi's out from under the laws that repress expression of these thoughts. not that I want to see them have political power but repression gives them credibility among the young. Let them spew their vile rhetoric and you will see very few people will want to be associated with them.

Also, open up your economy so that you won't have so many unemplyed young men looking for trouble.

surfsky
14-06-2005, 08:38
The real reason why US troops have stayed for 50 years. It is just in their nature. So all occupatioins are bad? I can say this my Grandfather died in the Hurtgen Forrest, he cam from Germany when he was 13.

Bluebird
26-06-2005, 18:34
High unemplyment drove the last time that Germany had a bout of nationalism. I doubt it is going to be anywhere near as bad. I think what this shows is Germany has repressed its national identity for so long that there is a backlash. I think they should let the neo-nazi's out from under the laws that repress expression of these thoughts. not that I want to see them have political power but repression gives them credibility among the young. Let them spew their vile rhetoric and you will see very few people will want to be associated with them.

Also, open up your economy so that you won't have so many unemplyed young men looking for trouble. Also, open up your economy so that you won't have so many unemplyed Also, open up your economy so that you won't have so many unemplyed young men looking for trouble. Any idea's on how they should go about then tbill....??? A little easier said than done I feel - given their current political and economic state...