PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool 5 Times.

Judge
26-05-2005, 21:39
Kings again of Europe :) :)
Best come back ever in the history of this final,even better then UTD winning 2 1 against the Germans...

plgt
26-05-2005, 22:27
Are you watching?
Are you watching?
Are you watching man united?

please watch it again and learn from THE REDS.
Great stuff

Prokupchika
26-05-2005, 23:19
Almost 24 hours after the event it's still unbelievable. Did that really happen????

Russkies giving me loads about Shevchenko on Weds. How marvellous it was that the world's greatest player was Russian etc etc. Today he has mysteriously reverted to the Ukranian that he is and all my dreams have come true.

Did it feel as good as this the other 4 times? I don't remember- I am a bit too young. How can it possibly have?

Judge
26-05-2005, 23:45
I remember the one against Roma which we won on pens but nothing can beat this one..To come back against a team like AC 3 times just can't be done....

moscowmail
27-05-2005, 06:39
Awsome... Braders owes me da money :)

I heard that L'pool wil polay CSKA... any ideas if that is true, if so where and when?

plgt
27-05-2005, 08:15
Yeah, european supercup in August in Montecarlo.

moscowmail
27-05-2005, 09:21

Cool, MonteCarlo here we come :)

Judge
27-05-2005, 09:59
Super is not so bad but the world champion game against a South American team will be the iceing on the cake..We have never won that cup...
This game is played in Japan..

Prokupchika
27-05-2005, 10:03
Ole Big Ears is back where he belongs!

Just like to say respect to all the Liverpool fans in Moscow- the ones who were with us when we were down at home to Graz and going out of the competition. The more you put in, the more you get out- you know who you are. Well done lads and lasses.

Moscow Wolf
27-05-2005, 11:49
Only saw the last 10 minutes of extra time and the penalties, but saw two superb world class tackles from that man Gerrard - what a player eh! I thought Dudek did the old 'psycho' bit just right giving the ball to each opposition penalty taker. Nothing unfair in that. There may be no 'hub' caps or 'wheels' left in Turkey, but a great result for Liverpool and English football (I know half of the team is foreign).

Braders
27-05-2005, 12:27

That makes complete sense for the fans, couldn't save one set of fans some money by holding it in either Liverpool or Moscow!

Sidney Bliss
27-05-2005, 12:43

Random
27-05-2005, 12:46
Oi Bliss - stop knicking my stuff ....

http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=23503

No wait - Your from Liverpool aren't you !!

Sidney Bliss
27-05-2005, 12:58
Oops, talk about being off the ball - don't I feel like a right Harry Kewell!

Random
27-05-2005, 13:04
It is funny though ! So the more times we post it the better I feel !!

:)

Judge
27-05-2005, 22:17
Thats a funny pic of Gerrard and the cops :) :) :)

Prokupchika
28-05-2005, 12:40
Not as funny as Maldini and Shevchenko's faces after the penalty shoot-out.....

jl74
28-05-2005, 21:53
As a United fan, that hurts! especially since you have won sod all for 15 years... and I will take another european cup truimph in 15 years time so long as you win sod all again over the next 15 year period! which believe me is a very big possability, what do you think BRADERS? back me up manky pants :rolleyes:

Prokupchika
29-05-2005, 22:52
Sod all for 15 years? I think you'll find that's not right. Anyway, aren't you the bloke who sells Sky Tv in Moscow? Considering the negative emotions that Man Utd supporters arouse, don't you think that in the interests of commerce you should keep your allegiences to yourself?

Anyway, I think there's more of a chance of you lot winning SOD ALL in the foreseeable future than Liverpool. It must have been crap to lose a cup final on penalties but winning one was GREAT.

Braders
30-05-2005, 01:40
All i know is Trebor was right lol!

http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=219497#post219497

Liverpool had the game of their lives against AC Milan and even though i wanted them to lose, they deserved to lift the trophy after holding on for their dear lifes in extra time.

The one quality i admired more than any other was the true grit the English can show when they really want to and Gerrard led his troops to victory.

Some of that in Germany next year please.

Now....

1 game, 1 outstanding result, does not equal Liverpool will be anywhere higher than their normal 4th or 5th spot next season, the season beyond that is anyones guess as with Man Utd.

The important issue is now whether Liverpool will be able to defend their title.

I for one think they should not, (even though 5 teams in the comp is great for English football) rules were in place before that match took place and rules can only be changed pre-season, only the F.A can grant Liverpool a place instead of Everton, (and that won't happen in a million years) the same happened in La Liga in 2000/1 when they gave 5th place Real Madrid another teams berth.
Publicity won't count for squat no matter how much pressure is but on UEFA, i think.

Moscow Wolf
30-05-2005, 03:14
I think that its Bollo. European Champions deserve an automatic place in the next tournament whether they finished 5th or 25th of the 4th Division! If that means kicking out Mertha Tydfil (spelling) or Harrys Allstars then I don't care. Compensate a small town club financially for the sum they would've got for their short spell in the preliminary rounds and that's it.

FIFA say that the winners of the European and South American world club cup game must play Wolves anyway, if they wish to be considered the top WORLD club, cough cough. Its 'games of their lives' Mr. Braders, not lifes........

And its Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton Wanderers, they're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen...... and its Wolverhampton....... enough already. wink

Braders
30-05-2005, 03:47
I think that its Bollo. European Champions deserve an automatic place in the next tournament whether they finished 5th or 25th of the 4th Division! If that means kicking out Mertha Tydfil (spelling) or Harrys Allstars then I don't care. Compensate a small town club financially for the sum they would've got for their short spell in the preliminary rounds and that's it.

Its 'games of their lives' Mr. Braders, not lifes........

It is a load of bull, that much i agree with, the champions in any competition should have the right to defend their crown, the problem here is that UEFA should have changed the rules ages ago, it's too late for Liverpool for next season.

If you look closely at your keyboard, noooo, closer than that, you'll see the 'f' tab is immediately above the 'v' tab, that's the reason for the typo, you muppet!

I shall be watching your posts with more than a passing glance from now on Mr Grammaticalness! ;)

Moscow Wolf
30-05-2005, 04:04
Sorry, I touch type, never look at the keyboard!

Prokupchika
30-05-2005, 08:23
What happened when Real Madrid won the Champions League yet did not qualify for next season's competition was that the Spanish FA chucked out the 4th place team and replaced them with Real. I agree that that should not happen, even if it is Everton...

If Liverpool are to defend their title, they will not be asked to qualify as this will clash with the Super Cup against CSKA which although meaningless, is a UEFA showpiece which they are not willing to get rid of. Situation at the moment seems to be that if they are to defend the cup, Liverpool will replace Fenebahce in the competition proper, with the Turks dropping down to the qualifiers.

Ok, our league form was diabolical and unless major changes are made (which I think will happen anyway) we will be an also-ran next year too. But how sweet it was to win the CL- I'll swap it for 3rd in the league anyday.

Judge
30-05-2005, 22:49
As a United fan, that hurts! especially since you have won sod all for 15 years... and I will take another european cup truimph in 15 years time so long as you win sod all again over the next 15 year period! which believe me is a very big possability, what do you think BRADERS? back me up manky pants :rolleyes:

So you call winning 5 cups in one season sod all...
Add a few FA Cups to that has well....
What UTD fans can't grasp is that we are the best team to come out of England and thats a fact...
Trust me it wont take us 26 years to win the league......

nathan_sundar
31-05-2005, 00:27
we will do that next year mate. we are the best NOT ONLY IN ENGLAND BUT IN THE WHOLE WORLD. we lost because of some bad luck and nothing else. but for liverpool they had a good luck nothing more . Thats what i think.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAST OR WEST THE REDS ARE THE BEST.

Judge
31-05-2005, 00:37
we will do that next year mate. we are the best NOT ONLY IN ENGLAND BUT IN THE WHOLE WORLD. we lost because of some bad luck and nothing else. but for liverpool they had a good luck nothing more . Thats what i think.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAST OR WEST THE REDS ARE THE BEST.

Your talking about UTD being the best in England and the whole world....
Your not even the most well off club anymore.....
Instead of GLORY GLORY MAN UTD ,WE LIKE TO SAY WHO THE F**K ARE MAN UTD !!!! WHO THE F**K ARE MAN UTD!!!!!!

Lets be real now facts are facts...
Fact UTD lost to AC Milan early on we scored 3 times against them UTD failed to even score one against them. Now thats a fact..

nathan_sundar
31-05-2005, 00:55
yes my friend you are the champions. you are just 19 points behind us.

remember 8th may when liverpool WON arsenal 3-1????????????????????? :rolleyes:

april 23rd liver pool WON crystal palace. 1-0

april the 9th You WON Mancity 1-0

ok you are the champions.

setember 20 "2-1"

You are the champions.

Prokupchika
31-05-2005, 09:10
Nathan Sundar what are you getting involved in this one for? Can't you keep your gob shut about ANYTHING? Your knowledge of football appears to be as comprehensive as everything else you waffle on about on here ie: practically non-existant and mostly researched on-line. Why don't you give credit where credits due and congratulate a team and its fans on a remarkable European Cup win? No one, least of all Liverpool fans, is under any illusion that winning Old Big Ears is suddenly going to mean league and cup glory all round next season but last week's final was amazing, completely unexpected and something we will all remember for the rest of our lives.

Glory, glory Man Utd? Get to Old Trafford much do you, Sundar? Jesus......

nathan_sundar
31-05-2005, 12:05
Dude chill down . I do appreciate and supported liverpool when they were playing with ac milan. But when it comes between the real reds and liverpool. I ngo for the reds . Call me a fanatic if you want. I posted in favour of utd as Mr. judge posted against it. No hard feelings mate. Congrats to liverpool. But it doesnt mean they are the best in the world. Let them prove it if they are. If the next season they win the premiership, I'll become liverpools fan.

Prokupchika
31-05-2005, 15:09
If the next season they win the premiership, I'll become liverpools fan.

Say no more. That sums you up.

trebor
31-05-2005, 18:08
Dude chill down . I do appreciate and supported liverpool when they were playing with ac milan. But when it comes between the real reds and liverpool. I ngo for the reds . Call me a fanatic if you want. I posted in favour of utd as Mr. judge posted against it. No hard feelings mate. Congrats to liverpool. But it doesnt mean they are the best in the world. Let them prove it if they are. If the next season they win the premiership, I'll become liverpools fan.

Agreed.
While Liverpools win was a superhuman effort against all odds.
It was a fluke.
Simply explained, Liverpool were underestimated by Chelsea and especialy by AC Milan.
Bit like Greece's win in the European Championship.
Does anyone expect them to win anything again as well? :)

nathan_sundar
31-05-2005, 18:50
Trebor is the man. Bang on target. Good example. Please prokupchika .Dont start posting greece is a better team than England, france, germany, portugal, etc.,

Judge
31-05-2005, 21:02
How about this then, forget about the points we were behind anyone in the leauge.cos we are talking european games here...
We are talking about the biggest and most hardest cup to win in club footy..
On are way to the final we beat...
Juv champions of Italy the suppose hardest leauge in the world.
Next we beat the English Champions Chelski.The toughest league in the world.
Then we beat AC in the final the team who have won it 7 odd times and who won 2 years ago.
Another note the Manager of Chelski won it last here with Porto...

Like i said before AC knocked out UTD very early on in this cup...
Face the fact it's hard saying Liverpool are kings of EURPOPE once again..
Trust me it's even hard for me to believe ,i feel for you so called UTD FANS..
By the way all the songs you guys sing about were stolen from us...

moscowmail
31-05-2005, 21:05
Of course they will..

If not, Weel come down yur owss and kick yur edds in aarite... Callmm down ehhhehh

Whoops..

You know what though, I am not really a footy fan, I was born and dragged up in Liverpool and I support them in a way I suppose, footy is a girls sport me thinks.

Whay tickles me is the transit supporters.. "I ama real fan, the 'real reds' whats that all about, 'I suported liverpool before...' I may support them if the do better... jeez NS, you really dig your holes don't ya.

So, back on thread, I do believe Liverpool have a change of recovering their once high held glory days of our beloved savior 'The Bill Shankly" with the golden boys, Daglish, super sub, ray in de goal, Emlyn to name but a few, as a kid I went every other weekend, what a time.

Heres to ya Liverpool, love ya, hate ya, but want ya to win

Judge
31-05-2005, 21:05
Agreed.
While Liverpools win was a superhuman effort against all odds.
It was a fluke.
Simply explained, Liverpool were underestimated by Chelsea and especialy by AC Milan.
Bit like Greece's win in the European Championship.
Does anyone expect them to win anything again as well? :)

Underestimated by AC did you see the first half of the game...
Liverpools never say die attitude and the army of fans did it for us,it was like a home game for us..
English teams fight to the very end.
Like UTD did a few years back against the Germans...

moscowmail
31-05-2005, 21:06
How about this then, forget about the points we were behind anyone in the leauge.cos we are talking european games here...
We are talking about the biggest and most hardest cup to win in club footy..
On are way to the final we beat...
Juv champions of Italy the suppose hardest leauge in the world.
Next we beat the English Champions Chelski.The toughest league in the world.
Then we beat AC in the final the team who have won it 7 odd times and who won 2 years ago.
Another note the Manager of Chelski won it last here with Porto...

Like i said before AC knocked out UTD very early on in this cup...
Face the fact it's hard saying Liverpool are kings of EURPOPE once again..
Trust me it's even hard for me to believe ,i feel for you so called UTD FANS..
By the way all the songs you guys sing about were stolen from us...

You are on the mark there Judgey, the thieving manqs ;)

Judge
31-05-2005, 21:09
Of course they will..

If not, Weel come down yur owss and kick yur edds in aarite... Callmm down ehhhehh

Whoops..

You know what though, I am not really a footy fan, I was born and dragged up in Liverpool and I support them in a way I suppose, footy is a girls sport me thinks.

Whay tickles me is the transit supporters.. "I ama real fan, the 'real reds' whats that all about, 'I suported liverpool before...' I may support them if the do better... jeez NS, you really dig your holes don't ya.

So, back on thread, I do believe Liverpool have a change of recovering their once high held glory days of our beloved savior 'The Bill Shankly" with the golden boys, Daglish, super sub, ray in de goal, Emlyn to name but a few, as a kid I went every other weekend, what a time.

Heres to ya Liverpool, love ya, hate ya, but want ya to win

The glory days have started yet again, thats what UTD fans can't handle...

nathan_sundar
01-06-2005, 01:40
MM Please refer to the previous posts in this thread before mine. If you are a liverpool fan that doesnt mean than you will bounce on us "utd fans". Some body bounced and i gave answer thats it dont blame me. Not my fault its this judge and Plgt who started this.

Braders
01-06-2005, 06:08
What happened when Real Madrid won the Champions League yet did not qualify for next season's competition was that the Spanish FA chucked out the 4th place team and replaced them with Real.

Ok, our league form was diabolical and unless major changes are made (which I think will happen anyway) we will be an also-ran next year too. But how sweet it was to win the CL- I'll swap it for 3rd in the league anyday.

Yes, the Spanish F.A allowed Real Madrid into the comp instead of Real Zaragoza.

With so much depending on money nowadays, i reckon Liverpool will need a few seasons and will need to spend some dosh. Arsenal and Man Utd are in similar situations although Man Utd have more money at their disposal, if they so desire to take a risk and spend some of it that is.

Not taking anything away from the victory in the Champs league. I'll admit when i watched the Italians weeping into their beers in Milan i had a smile on my face, i would have smiled more if it has been the fans in Liverpool though ;)

moscowmail
01-06-2005, 07:20
MM Please refer to the previous posts in this thread before mine. If you are a liverpool fan that doesnt mean than you will bounce on us "utd fans". Some body bounced and i gave answer thats it dont blame me. Not my fault its this judge and Plgt who started this.

Hmm, me thinks you really do not understand the English language so well matey, you are saying you switch suppoort of teams, you infered you would switch again if Liverpool start winning ... ahh I really can't be bothered...

Braders, sums up your teams supporters I fink old chap ;) see ya soon me old chum .....

Braders
01-06-2005, 07:36
Braders, sums up your teams supporters I fink old chap ;) see ya soon me old chum .....

He can't be a supporter of Manchester United he claims to be from Manchester! ;)

I have your spondollies in my wallet right now, perhaps Thursday in Molly's?

moscowmail
01-06-2005, 07:37
He can't be a supporter of Manchester United he claims to be from Manchester! ;)

I have your spondollies in my wallet right now, perhaps Thursday in Molly's?

I love the sound of Braders in the morning... sounds like ... SHOW ME DA MONEY...

Sounds good old chap, see ya then

nathan_sundar
01-06-2005, 10:21
Big Braders. I'm a utd fan. Not from now but from the beginning.Ferrari, ManU, yorkshire. These are my favourite. Please dont tell I'm no supporter of ManU. I think the red colour has to do some thing with the first two.

Judge
01-06-2005, 10:50

End of the day it's all good...

Prokupchika
01-06-2005, 22:28
I wouldn't call Liverpool's cup victory a fluke at all- please remember that to win a cup you don't just have to win the final but all the ties beforehand. Anyway, it was a great cup victory and I think it has the edge over Barcelona in 99 for 2 reasons- 1) Man Utd were up for it and attacking for the whole game- in fact they were well better than Bayern for most of the match 2) Milan's lead at half-time was huge, both in terms of goals and the way they were playing. Utd were never more than a goal behind the Germans- we were 3-0 down. To come back against Milan- Milan -like that and go on to win the damn thing is utterly amazing, especially when you consider that Liverpool were quite rightly considered [I]massive[U] underdogs in not just the final but for the three previous rounds.

nathan_sundar
01-06-2005, 22:57
I wouldn't call Liverpool's cup victory a fluke at all- please remember that to win a cup you don't just have to win the final but all the ties beforehand. Anyway, it was a great cup victory and I think it has the edge over Barcelona in 99 for 2 reasons- 1) Man Utd were up for it and attacking for the whole game- in fact they were well better than Bayern for most of the match 2) Milan's lead at half-time was huge, both in terms of goals and the way they were playing. Utd were never more than a goal behind the Germans- we were 3-0 down. To come back against Milan- Milan -like that and go on to win the damn thing is utterly amazing, especially when you consider that Liverpool were quite rightly considered [I]massive[U] underdogs in not just the final but for the three previous rounds.

Thats correct . Its not just fluke. They had a good luck and they did play well to get those 3 goals coming from a pressure situation and they went as a underdogs but they came out winners. Thats for sure. But still i'm For Man U. Man you is the best. Thats just my opinion and that doesnt take credit away from liverpool from winning the cup any way. Honestly i was supporting Liver pool during the day of play as they were the team from england. well done Liverpool.

Judge
10-06-2005, 14:18
:hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Liverpool WILL be able to defend their Champions League trophy next season after UEFA today granted them a place in the first qualifying round of the competition.
Following a telephone conference between the 14 members of UEFA's executive committee it was decided that Rafael Benitez's European champions should be invited to take part in next year's competition despite finishing outside the top four in the Premiership.

It means that England will now have five representatives in next season's competition after UEFA agreed the winners should have the right to defend the title they won so dramatically in Istanbul.

The first qualifying round will be played on 12/13 and 19/20 July, with the draw taking place on 24 June.

Judge
10-06-2005, 14:24
After all this fuss i bet we get knocked out now in the first round..
5 English teams in the CL... :vader: and 2 from merseyside..Everton and Liverpool in the final now that would be a match...