PDA

View Full Version : Istanbul 12 month ME

nexus
26-05-2005, 20:33
If anyone has been to Istanbul for a 12 month ME visa, can you confirm whether or not they need insurance?

If they do, what insurance, where from and how much did it cost? I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone I've asked (especially the Banko Tur agency across the road from the consulate)

BTW, I have a UK passport.

Thanks

Chubby Hubby
26-05-2005, 21:13
No insurance needed - very easy - 180 bucks for Americans for same day processing. They're closed on Wednesdays. There's a hotel next door to the embassy although I forget the name. Be sure to show up at 7:30 in the morning.

nexus
13-06-2005, 23:55
Pretty easy going at istanbul. I turned up 45 minutes before the doors opened and I was first in the queue. When they opened the doors there were only 7 or 8 of us and I was out in 15 minutes, picked it up the same day (210 USD for Brits).

However, they did ask to see my Turkish residency permit. Fortunately, I had one as I was working there. I asked my Russian friend who was with me to ask about getting the visa without the residency permit ie turning up as a tourist and they said you needed to provide a letter from the British consulate (in my case) to verify your status as tourist. Has anyone else had this experience or is it a new regulation.