PDA

View Full Version : where to find Russian t-shirts

Shara
24-05-2005, 16:28
I'm looking for t-shirts with silly things in Russian written on them ie cartoon characters, silly sayings, jokes (clean)...preferably not huge American t-shirts but the tighter European variety.
Does anyone know where I can find something like that?

Benedikt
24-05-2005, 17:12
old arbat and ismailovsky fleamarket, but you have to look and ask, because most of them are being sold with english language on.

Shara
24-05-2005, 17:14
yeah. I've looked there. They are really for tourists. I'm looking for something a Russian would wear. I know, they were things written in English etc but I'm hoping still...

plastique
24-05-2005, 18:11
i've been looking for the same thing for a while and the only options i have found are the crappy i work for the kgb style tourist t-shirts or the "hooligan" style marijuana, hard rocker shirts...everything else seems to be in (usually bad) english

Shara
24-05-2005, 18:14
yeah. that is what I'm hoping to avoid. Oh well. Maybe I'll just give up and buy vodka.

Surok
24-05-2005, 18:16
went through this a while ago. there was a company called something like artstop which made some nice things with lots of russian on. now it tends to be russian/ german...if you want, I'll look out a link for you tonight. the main shop on the arbat closed about three weeks ago but I think there's one at sokolniki and some other locations.

Shara
24-05-2005, 18:17
isn't that the way of the world...day late, dollar short...

i'd appreciate any help I can get in this hunt. I really want a t-shirt darn it!

Surok
24-05-2005, 18:19
oh duh, just read your original message - with jokes or cartoon characters...try the kiosks at Sokol, along by ramstore. they used to have a range of shirts with marsunya, or whatever that little thing is called. large american style, but with russian writing.

plastique
24-05-2005, 18:19
my friend was going to make me one as you can buy iron on letters. It was going to say something like Barbie has homes, cars, clothes and pools. I really hate that Bi*ch

Shara
24-05-2005, 18:20
maybe i'll get lucky and they're cheap t shirts that will shrink to the appropriate size in one washing/drying set!

Benedikt
24-05-2005, 19:46
... have you tried the places that print t-shirts and coffeemugs? suppose on the site there are people who know where to find one, there is one in strogino, but suppose that is taiga (strogino slang for 'to far from the center') for you..detskiy mir does it, i just remember...
they and their clever computers for sure can print anything in ANY language...